Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Had VM installed last Monday and it stopped working this afternoon with a flashing blue light on the Hub and was off for about 6 hours. All the time the App status was saying all was good... Fortunately BT fttp was still working as not cancelled for a few weeks.

Hope this isn't a sign of things to come with them.
Did you call them or did it fix itself?

Signed back up and installed today so I can get a decent connection speed that's now needed. Posted over in the nexfibre thread but modem mode still not available on Hub 5x, despite being told it was. The Hub 5x is very limited in options and I don't want double NAT.

Seeing all your posts reminds me of my terrible experience with VM last time I was a customer. I can't even be bothered to try and call them.

Signed back up and installed today so I can get a decent connection speed that's now needed. Posted over in the nexfibre thread but modem mode still not available on Hub 5x, despite being told it was. The Hub 5x is very limited in options and I don't want double NAT.

Seeing all your posts reminds me of my terrible experience with VM last time I was a customer. I can't even be bothered to try and call them.
The Hub 5x does have a modem mode. I've not tried it, but it's there as an option. Might have been added in a firmware update.

The Hub 5x does have a modem mode. I've not tried it, but it's there as an option. Might have been added in a firmware update.

What’s your source of info for that?

The modem mode page does exist, but it’s hidden and not implemented properly and the modem won’t give out a public IP for a router WAN connection. People have tried coaxing it to in different ways, but it’s temporary and unreliable.

What’s your source of info for that?

The modem mode page does exist, but it’s hidden and not implemented properly and the modem won’t give out a public IP for a router WAN connection. People have tried coaxing it to in different ways, but it’s temporary and unreliable.
My bad, you're right its the hidden page i'd checked it out whilst setting mine up.

Back
Top Bottom