Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Wife took out a contract in her name after I cancelled mine and it was £38 a month for 350Mb upped to 500Mb with Volt, phone and Mega TV. Was then only £4 a month extra to up to Gig1 which is pretty crazy - can't complain at £42 a month for all of that. Since it's only my backup connection it's arguably a bit of a waste of money, but I went for it anyway and got a Hub 5 today. Surprised at how decent the Wifi is on it for an ISP supplied router and it's nice to have the 2.5Gb port which means I can now actually get full throughput on the LAN.

16660751334.png

Just a shame about the ~20ms latency in my area. From what I gather other VM areas are better than that, but it's not too bad as I get much lower on my Toob connection anyway. All in all pretty impressed, just wish they'd never bothered with the Hub 4 as that's what I had before and it just seemed silly never being able to get more than 940Mbit on a 1.13Gb connection.

Last edited:
Yeah that was always my take on it., I could max out a gig connection while there's still around 200Mb/sec free for other devices and kids on wifi to use, so it wasn't totally wasted I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom