Virgin Media Discussion Thread

This is amazing, I popped into this thread after a long time, and I can see people are still being plagued with problems from VM. This company is just a fail of epic proportions and glad I got rid.
Nearly 18 months and no real issues. Depends on the area and underlying infrastructure. But their customer services (or lack of) are something else.

Within my 30 days contract ending period, called up and best offer for 500meg with volt to 1gig was £44. Cancelled, just after the cancellation process I got a text offering me volt 1gig for £33 which I initially had asked for during the call as that is the new customer price.

TBF the two guys on the calls were freally good, I went through to the sales department instead of trying to get the cancellation department and the guy was able to deal with the cancellation.

Within my 30 days contract ending period, called up and best offer for 500meg with volt to 1gig was £44. Cancelled, just after the cancellation process I got a text offering me volt 1gig for £33 which I initially had asked for during the call as that is the new customer price.

TBF the two guys on the calls were freally good, I went through to the sales department instead of trying to get the cancellation department and the guy was able to deal with the cancellation.

You are lucky, best they offered me was £38 for 125Mb and free weekend calls, I had been with them for over three years, in the end I was fed up with crappy offers for their long term customers so left them and went with Community Fibre 1GB for £25 a month, free install and £100 Amazon gift voucher (which I received), best move I made, Virgin only care about new customers.

One thing I've learned from my time with NTLWorld/Virgin is don't use their emails as your main email. The amount of accounts I've got to change email on is annoying. Though FTTP isn't due in my area for ages.
Never use ISP email! For many reasons.

Last edited:
Renewed my VM, sorted whilst moving house and got an increase to the 1g for less than I was paying originally (been a bit lax over the last 2 years just on a rolling contract) so I'm under £45 a month now with this Volt stuff for just internet which I'm happy with. No real issues the last few years.

Anyone had experience using Hyperoptic?
Some very appealing speeds and prices!

They're fantastic, or were when I last used them back in 2021. Had them for around 5 years and barely ever got a price increase (after the usual faff every ISP makes you go through) and good technical support when asking some fairly niche questions. I'd be with them if I was still in an area that they supported. Up here, they're mostly in apartment buildings.

Sorry if this a silly question but I have left VM (disconnected 8 Sep) and just had my final bill. The bill says I have been credited £45 and the bill amount says Cr £45.Am I right in thinking that’s the credit for the remaining month I’ve already paid for and I should get that £45 refunded to me shortly?

Sorry if this a silly question but I have left VM (disconnected 8 Sep) and just had my final bill. The bill says I have been credited £45 and the bill amount says Cr £45.Am I right in thinking that’s the credit for the remaining month I’ve already paid for and I should get that £45 refunded to me shortly?
That sounds like to me, they owe you money and will probably hit your bank account at some point.

Does anyone know if there is an email address for Virgin Media Business? I've been looking around their website and can't find anything. If there is no email address is there some other contact option that isn't a telephone number?

Does anyone have a BQM for a VM FTTP (XGS-PON) connection that they could share, please?
Sisters connection (XG-PON)
f9c8376e3a5355242901c9640acbfb3f2dbc9fdc-22-08-2024.png

Mine (Coax)

330676e2d5c3e63d0a2ab9f92a2772e32b6e4967-08-09-2024.png

Last edited:
In my experience it was all about contention ratios and XGS-PON is probably not that utilised yet. If you can link the tool you’re using I’ll run it on my VM XGS-PON connection.

Back
Top Bottom