Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Man of Honour
I find it really telling that Virgin Media has a 160 page thread full of complaints, I had them a few years ago - never again.

Discussion is more than just complaints, although people are bound to post more if they are having issues than the vast majority which are fine. Half the posts are just people pasting in the Speedtest results each time we get a bump in speed :D

Associate
Been with Virgin just over a month now, one of the worst decisions ever. Already put a reminder to cancel my contract in 16 months or so. Out of 4 weeks my Tivo has working for maybe 1 week. I annoyingly got the contract cooling off extended because of issues but then had a week of it working and when it next went wrong and i'd had enough the cooling off had just expired!

Associate
Congratulations, you're in the small percentage that doesn't live in a congested area... ;)

I am kinda surprised that I live in zone 2 London and do not get capacity issues at all.

Depending on BT's timeline for speed increases, I think VM's current overall bandwidth advantage should give them some time to address capacity issues instead of bandwidth increases.

Associate
I'm sticking with 100mb.

I have no reason to upgrade, if free upgrades come around I'll negotiate a lower bill with them again instead of upgrading. ;)

Soldato
Been just over a month since Virgin came and laid the cabling outside the house, still not showing that I can order online, rung sales up and it's stuck on still waiting to be installed.

Sales rep is supposed to be finding out when the builders are back to finish it :(

Soldato
1+

the 300Mb HomeWorks+ cost to much extra tbh... i be waiting till the so called next free upgrade.

The main attraction isn't the downstream but rather the 20Mbps upstream with no traffic management.

If they up this to 30Mbps then I'm in.

EDIT: How did I not see the post above? D'oh. Oh well, what he said :p

Soldato
Virgin sales guy rang me back this morning, he wasn't sure why I wasn't showing up as being live but should have been weeks ago.

Got to have a presite install visit as they need to take the blocked paving up to run the cable, sales guy said that if they can't or won't run it where I need it to go then I can cancel the order.

Gone for the upto 200mb and phone bundle.

Soldato
The main attraction isn't the downstream but rather the 20Mbps upstream with no traffic management.

but £13.99 PM on top of what your paying for the 200Mb, is crazy just to get 8Mb extra upstream speed with no traffic management...

personally £13.99 is to much.. if it was around £7 then thats a fair deal

Last edited:
Associate
@gareth170

The appeal for me, doing Twitch and Youtube, is the extra upload speed means I can get content upload quicker to my viewers for YouTube, and the lack of traffic management means my streams won't suffer if there any busy points etc

I know I'm in a smallish group there but for me - as long as I get enough back to cover the extra then I'll go for it.

I agree with the cost side though - it should be a given to as the network can handle that sort of back haul apparently

Back
Top Bottom