Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Permabanned
but still £13.99 PM for 30Mb upstream is abit much....

they should boost the upstream speeds for the main packages instead, like 50/5, 100/10, 200/20 and remove the TM
They should but in reality they won't. So those that need it and can afford it then pay; they know this, so very little incentive to give it us for free unfortunately.

Associate
but still £13.99 PM for 30Mb upstream is abit much....

they should boost the upstream speeds for the main packages instead, like 50/5, 100/10, 200/20 and remove the TM

Agreed, it is annoying I have to pay extra. I don't even really need 300mbps down, I'd much rather have 100/50! Still, as it's business related running cost I don't really pay the full line rental :)

Soldato
Have any of you guys had them install under your block paved driveways?

Slightly worried that they'll turn around and go we won't lift the bricks next week when they come do the site survey even though they've lifted the bricks in the cul de sac to fit the box at the end of our drive.

Spoken to a builder who'll happily take them up for Virgin or install a duct himself but not sure if he'll have time before my install date.

Soldato

Slightly worried that they'll turn around and go we won't lift the bricks next week when they come do the site survey even though they've lifted the bricks in the cul de sac to fit the box at the end of our drive.

Spoken to a builder who'll happily take them up for Virgin or install a duct himself but not sure if he'll have time before my install date.

Pretty sure they won't do that as it's just subcontracters. They won't (for instance) lift floorboards. They will just want to run a plastic pipe with the cable inside it up the side and onto the house. If you've already got the bricks up or a duct installed, they will be happy to use that.

If they leave some slack and extra plastic pipe, there's nothing to stop your builder burying it later. Lift the blocks, dig a one inch trench, put the blocks back down with a mallet.

Soldato

You could end up with a botched job so be wary,

We had a break in the cable under our front garden so it had to be replaced, they thought they could get away with laying a green flexipipe across the garden amongst the plants & even across a paved path & hoped we didn't notice or trip over it.:confused: They had to send another bloke to redo it properly.
Then a year after the neighbour had Virgin installed & because a shorter route was across our garden they ran the green tube through our hedge & along the edge of our fence panels & then into next door. Complete cowboys although I got the impression they are private contractors employed by Virgin

Soldato
well garbage superhub 3 is now in modem mode, edgerouter lite, tp link switch and unifi ap all setup and everythings better.

all of a sudden my android app can see the fire tv's as well now.

Associate
Mine is June too, postcode checker outside of account portal says it's ready! Login still says by end of June.

I remember this being the case last time, sometimes the notice doesn't even show up

Your speed upgrade will be ready to take your connection from up to 152Mbps to up to 200Mbps. It's all thanks to DOCSIS® 3 - the magic in our cables.

Look out for it between September 2016 and November 2016.

spoke too soon

Associate
Hi guys, I work for VM so I can sign up new customers on mates rate. Anyone interested send me a PM, some forum members have already done this and it's still availible.

Back
Top Bottom