Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Associate
Ive just ordered the vivid 200 gamer pack, I take it that might have been a bad move looking at that report on the sh3? Only problem is there isnt much of a alternative to virgin fibre where I live...

Soldato
The problem with the SH3 isn't a game breaker as many people seem to think. Yes can be annoying but still can easily rape faces in online gaming.

There will be an update to the SH3, no idea when like. :p

Caporegime
Do Virgin Media do deals for new home builds with first time customers?

Me and my girlfriend have just bought a new build house and we're due to move in next month. Getting Virgin's on the list, just want to know if we should expect the ability to get any special deals?

I really like the look of that Virgin telly tablet too, but I'm not interested in getting a Samsung phone.

Soldato
Do Virgin Media do deals for new home builds with first time customers?

Me and my girlfriend have just bought a new build house and we're due to move in next month. Getting Virgin's on the list, just want to know if we should expect the ability to get any special deals?

I really like the look of that Virgin telly tablet too, but I'm not interested in getting a Samsung phone.

Only the deals they offer new customers, have you checked to see if Virgin have actually laid cable if it's a new build estate? It took them 10 years to finally come and lay the cabling needed on ours.

Associate
So my area is definitely oversubscribed, what the best way to go about getting a discount on the cost due to poor performance during peak times just call billing and ask is that india like faults or do i call retentions in the uk? the nuclear option would be emailing the ceo team i suppose.

Soldato
If you are out of your minimum contract period then call retentions. They will want to pass you to the technical team first if your connection hasn't already been looked at by them.

After the technical teams have had a chance to improve your service tell you are still no satisfied and don't feel what you are paying is worth the service. They should give you a discount for the next 12 months.

If they don't offer a discount and cancel your contract you still have a month to change your mind if you don't find anything better.

Associate
Virgin - unbelievable! Was getting massive spikes last night and totally unable to apy - Getting 250-750 ping on BF1 when normal is 30.

Virgin status says:

We are aware that some customers using windows PCs are having issues getting online following a Microsoft Windows 10 update. We are in contact with Microsoft about this issue and will provide further updates as soon as possible.

Our engineer is working to fix the problem.

Why are all windows 10 customers not affected if you cant turn off updates??

Estimated fix - 16th December! WOW!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
If it's on hub 3, then it's not Windows 10 that's the cause, but we all know this anyway. VM are just not having it. Phone up, demand compensation as you're not getting the service being paid for.

Associate
If you are out of your minimum contract period then call retentions. They will want to pass you to the technical team first if your connection hasn't already been looked at by them.

After the technical teams have had a chance to improve your service tell you are still no satisfied and don't feel what you are paying is worth the service. They should give you a discount for the next 12 months.

If they don't offer a discount and cancel your contract you still have a month to change your mind if you don't find anything better.

unfortunately I'm still in the initial 18 months but I could still call retentions i suppose.

Soldato
Unlikely, but it'll do no harm.

There are two issues.

One is the DHCP problem apparently caused by Microsoft. If you were suffering from this you wouldn't have a working connection. This is what the commands you listed relate to.

There's also an issue with the SH3 that causes latency issues. This is what they're going to try and fix via a firmware update.

Soldato
This isn't looking good:
2qxaxzr.png

Back
Top Bottom