Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Permabanned
It took just under a year to fix it in my area but it's been great (apart from the SH3 issues) for the past two years. I was getting £20 per month off for 11 months until it was sorted. Though now I understand the most they will give per month is just over £11.

Associate
After probably more than a decade with Virgin (and whatever they were before that), I'll be leaving. Paying for 200mbps and have consistently only got no more than 10mbps at any peak time (every afternoon/evening, all weekend). Had the review dates pushed further back each time. I've been given £12.50 credit off my bill per month but that discount doesn't to equate to the level of service.

Will look out for other ISP deals on Boxing Day.

Soldato
Im on 150mb broadband, im considering upgrading to 200mb is it worth the upgrade would i notice the difference ?

It all depends on what you use the internet for and how many people are using it at the same time.

If its for 'downloading' you'll get a few extra mb/s which will make your downloads quicker.
If its for single streaming - no point
Gaming - no point

Multi streaming through the household then maybe worth it.

All depends on the price increase.

Soldato
It all depends on what you use the internet for and how many people are using it at the same time.

If its for 'downloading' you'll get a few extra mb/s which will make your downloads quicker.
If its for single streaming - no point
Gaming - no point

Multi streaming through the household then maybe worth it.

All depends on the price increase.
Thanks, Ive only just got the 150mb which is free upgrade I was on 100mc so i wont know what its like for a few days.

We have a few devices connected,
Main PC I use this for everything Streaming, gaming(not a lot online) downloads.
2x laptops on and off
3/5 mobile phone,
nvidia shield
amazon fire
xbox
and maybe a few more things this year.

Difference in price will be about £10 maybe a bit less.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've cancelled my virgin fed up with the lies and 2-3meg speeds, lady on the phone didn't even attempt to save me from leaving. I'm getting infinity 2 installed in first week of jan, so will update to my first initial impressions and future speed monitoring.

Soldato
Thanks, Ive only just got the 150mb which is free upgrade I was on 100mc so i wont know what its like for a few days.

We have a few devices connected,
Main PC I use this for everything Streaming, gaming(not a lot online) downloads.
2x laptops on and off
3/5 mobile phone,
nvidia shield
amazon fire
xbox
and maybe a few more things this year.

Difference in price will be about £10 maybe a bit less.

Do you currently have any problems with 150Mbps?

If not, then I wouldn't bother.

Soldato
I've cancelled my virgin fed up with the lies and 2-3meg speeds, lady on the phone didn't even attempt to save me from leaving. I'm getting infinity 2 installed in first week of jan, so will update to my first initial impressions and future speed monitoring.

If it's an ongoing fault then VM will let you leave without penalty.

What speeds have you been estimated on Infinity 2?

Soldato
Yeah, The same happened to me, they dont even try to keep you as a customer, it seam to me they dont have any real customer training unless they worked somewhere else first, the first time I called and said I was thinking of canceling the women on the line told me thats fine its all canceled for you (simple) I didnt call back, I had a call back a week later the women on the phone gave me a great deal and I sighed up, I phone back a day later to tell them the price on the contract was diffrent to the deal i was told the person i spoke to was so arrogant he was telling me I was wrong and they dont even do the price i had issue with, he even removed a extra promo that got added on auto, I tried being calm and explain to him but he seamed to know better, I got so annoyed I canceled again. I had to call back after i found out I could not get fiber, I managed to get a better deal but ive called back 10 time due to billing issues and no one had a clue, I spoke to 10 people and 9 of them gave me competly diffrent prices, the 10th person managed to sort it.

Soldato
Do you currently have any problems with 150Mbps?

If not, then I wouldn't bother.
I dont know im currantly not in the property due to some refurb work, Ive only sure the 100mb before and I always thought it was slow loading any page and youtube, it seamed to have a lag issue but virgin never admitted it.

Soldato
If it's an ongoing fault then VM will let you leave without penalty.

What speeds have you been estimated on Infinity 2?

You are correct yeah, just have to return the hub back to virgin and pay my final bill.
For bt i've been sent a letter stating 69-80meg down, 19-20 meg up with a guaranteed minimum of 64meg. Hoping bt are true to their word and can provide a good service at peak times. I looked into bt cancellation procedure it seems you have the right to cancel if you aren't beimg provided the speeds, but i think you have to pay a charge for the hub.

Yeah, The same happened to me, they dont even try to keep you as a customer, it seam to me they dont have any real customer training unless they worked somewhere else first, the first time I called and said I was thinking of canceling the women on the line told me thats fine its all canceled for you (simple) I didnt call back, I had a call back a week later the women on the phone gave me a great deal and I sighed up, I phone back a day later to tell them the price on the contract was diffrent to the deal i was told the person i spoke to was so arrogant he was telling me I was wrong and they dont even do the price i had issue with, he even removed a extra promo that got added on auto, I tried being calm and explain to him but he seamed to know better, I got so annoyed I canceled again. I had to call back after i found out I could not get fiber, I managed to get a better deal but ive called back 10 time due to billing issues and no one had a clue, I spoke to 10 people and 9 of them gave me competly diffrent prices, the 10th person managed to sort it.

That experience is very unfortunate and I can see depending on the training and experience of the staff could change the end result. I'd suggest always recording phonecalls for protecting your arse. I was with virgin bb only nearly 3 years and it was £25, then each year it went up to the latest of £31.24. I work in satcoms and it/network engineer so I know my stuff, they had 6 months to fix the issue and I was fed up with being lied to, paying extra for a service I was not getting the full use out of. I was glad the girl didn't try to save me from leaving. :)

Soldato
That experience is very unfortunate and I can see depending on the training and experience of the staff could change the end result. I'd suggest always recording phonecalls for protecting your arse. I was with virgin bb only nearly 3 years and it was £25, then each year it went up to the latest of £31.24. I work in satcoms and it/network engineer so I know my stuff, they had 6 months to fix the issue and I was fed up with being lied to, paying extra for a service I was not getting the full use out of. I was glad the girl didn't try to save me from leaving. :)

I would agree with you but outside virgin I can only get 13mb which would cost around the same, so i had no real choice, I had to just deal with the issues and like you said I have started rec my calls.

Soldato
4lm59l.png

My last 24 hours of joy - gaming is near impossible. :(

Associate
Banging my head against a wall with these at the moment. Was upgraded from 100 to 150 on the 2nd November, from then til mid December my speedtest maxed out almost everyday at any time I did it at no less than 162.

In the last week or so its started fluctuating massively some times to below 10.

Virgin are refusing to acknowledge any issue, with one advisor pointing out it must be something at my end, it isn't, nothings changed and it does on occasions go back to 160. They did send an engineer (i wasnt in) and he said to my wife he couldnt get a speedtest of more than 100

I've put a complaint in but they're just flat out refusing to take any blame.

Back
Top Bottom