Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Man of Honour
A few things to check..

- Are you sure the IP is still the same and you're monitoring your own connection since the modem swap out?
- Post the power levels so we can check its in spec
- Check the coax cable is tight into the modem
- Reboot the modem

Last edited:
Soldato
Confirmation of the two minor speed increases on the lower packages -

Had a quick look and was surprised to see 20mb upload on the upgraded 132mb package. Certainly makes VM a lot more price competitive now, and significantly cheaper than BT with the same upload. Frustratingly I still have a year left on my BT contract and Community Fibre may be nearly live by then.

Caporegime
Your connection wouldn't be working if it genuinely hadn't locked onto any upstream channels. Have you done a factory reset using the reset button to see if it comes back and says anything different?

Soldato
Just checked my connection tonight as thought was having issues im getting 100mb on 1gb connection what the hell going on?

Ive rebooted the Hub 5 but still not playing ball.
Sounds like you have a cable syncing at 100Mbps (i.e. dodgy cable). Unplug and replug both ends, and if that doesn't fix it try a different cable. You can check in the PC's network settings to see what speed the connection was negotiated at. It should say 1000Mbps or 1Gbps (depending on OS). If it says 100Mbps it's likely the cable, rarely the port or an auto-negotiation issue.

Associate
Your connection wouldn't be working if it genuinely hadn't locked onto any upstream channels. Have you done a factory reset using the reset button to see if it comes back and says anything different?
Ill try this tonight, thanks.

VM when I called said there were "Intermittent issues" in my area, which is BS as these issues only appeared when installing the new hub. The CS rep said to give it 24 hours and if the issue still persists, a technician can be booked.

Associate
Ooooh seems I too was successful on getting a Hub5 secondtime around and it is coming today, don't recall getting a confirmation, but cool.

Now to fumble around blind behind my desk looking for the 2.5Gb port on my switch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom