Virgin Media Upload Speed Upgrades

Soldato
Newsgroups would be the only place you could even dl at those speeds? Or ofc someone with 100up

Depends what you're downloading, but lots of 'high demand' sources would be able to sautrate you bandwidth on 100Mb with no problems

...and let's not forget the naughty torrent users! ;)

C64

C64

Soldato
my uploads slowly gotten worse in my area used to get a solid 1.65 mb all the time lately it's been 1.3-1.4

so why is london the last to get upgrades ?

Last edited:
Associate
ok ok so at the moment we all have to suffer traffic management or restrictions of some kind or other so what connection speed up or down will serve us all without disruptions and allow us true freedon of the net? 100mb 200mb 400mb 1gb anyone?

Soldato
ok ok so at the moment we all have to suffer traffic management or restrictions of some kind or other so what connection speed up or down will serve us all without disruptions and allow us true freedon of the net? 100mb 200mb 400mb 1gb anyone?

IMO there will always be some form of traffic management, because the more speed you give people, the more they're going to use/"abuse" it!

Maybe if we were in a country which had a much better infrastructure to start with (Japan etc) then maybe it wouldn't be quite so bad.

Soldato
Well I have not had any speed upgrade as yet and have noticed that they have now restricted download speed via Newsgroups, it would seem that my speed test is reporting 50.45Mb download and 1.60Mb uupload however only seeing 1.43MB's a second in NG client.

Have confirmed this with a friend in the same area who uses a different NG provider and is also on 50Mb. Guess it's time to look at downgrading my service to 20Mb as soon as I can, cannot justify paying this price when I rarely use my net connection in anything other than peak periods.

I assume this is now happening to everyone?

Soldato
Im noticing just really **** connection speeds atm. on 50mb and it has never given me an issue but this last week has been really bad. lots of lag speedtest showing 20mb downloads and uploads of 0.6mb but it feels very very unresponsive with high gaming pings.

whats going down? will ring tomorrow and see what the crack is cos its driving me ape ****

Soldato
Well I have not had any speed upgrade as yet and have noticed that they have now restricted download speed via Newsgroups, it would seem that my speed test is reporting 50.45Mb download and 1.60Mb uupload however only seeing 1.43MB's a second in NG client.

Have confirmed this with a friend in the same area who uses a different NG provider and is also on 50Mb. Guess it's time to look at downgrading my service to 20Mb as soon as I can, cannot justify paying this price when I rarely use my net connection in anything other than peak periods.

I assume this is now happening to everyone?

A[L]C;17696568 said:

It just started doing it tonight and I have not got the upload upgrade.
If 100Mb is going to be like this then I will forget it.

Associate
Dont know what the **** Virgin are doing but now I cant play online games in the evening, my connection is completely useless. Paying for 50mb and its worse than my old 5mb ADSL connection. Constant large ping fluctuations. Started 2 weeks ago.

I was expecting increased upload speed, instead my connection has gone backwards.

Not looking forward to yet more telephone conversations with support :(

Anyway my upload speed is still not upgraded.

Soldato
exactly the same with me xiphrex!

iv hardly downloaded anything this month either. Just a few patches, online gaming and TS3 traffic, nothing big at all no p2p stuff nothing. So im really really annoyed. let me =know what the result of a phone call is virgin is.

Back
Top Bottom