Vodafone broadband any good?

Associate
Requestion about how's it going with Vodafone fibre, it's only been ten days since I've had it fitted, but so far so good. Router seems decent I've got a pretty decent signal throughout the house.

Associate
Anybody here using their own kit on the Vodafone FTTC service? I currently use a HG612 unlocked to monitor the linestats and would like to continue to use that but the HH5 that works on Plusnet is incompatible with Vodafones service AFAIK.
Someone recommend as a decent router known to work to pair with the Huawei modem?

Soldato
Current BT retentions offers are £26.99 for 52/10 inc line, £35.99 for 76/20 inc line. You can probably get lower depending on circumstances or jump ship to Voda.

Got this from BT retentions, we pay the line rental (£208.80) upfront anyway. Not a bad deal and saves messing around changing:
o2NNsXi.png

maj

maj

Soldato
Did you get that email after you phoned BT? I'm paying £33 a month for 55/20 on infinity 2 but tempted to see if they can do a better deal. On Vodafone I can get a higher (estimated) speeds for £10 cheaper.

Soldato
Did you get that email after you phoned BT? I'm paying £33 a month for 55/20 on infinity 2 but tempted to see if they can do a better deal. On Vodafone I can get a higher (estimated) speeds for £10 cheaper.
Yep, phoned the retentions team as my contract is up.

Soldato

You'll get near identical speeds regardless of who you go with. Slightly odd you state 55/20, if you're paying for i2 and getting 20mbit upload then I'd expect a better download that 55 as that's basically i1 speed (52).

maj

maj

Soldato
You'll get near identical speeds regardless of who you go with. Slightly odd you state 55/20, if you're paying for i2 and getting 20mbit upload then I'd expect a better download that 55 as that's basically i1 speed (52).

I know. The speeds were what I got on speed test immediately before I made the post. I've had BT out before and they can't get the line working any quicker. I have been questioning if it's worthwhile paying extra for i2 when I'm nowhere near the 70+ speeds. Last time they said I was getting the minimum of 55 so was nothing they could do.

Commissario
Stumbled upon the Vodafone broadband deal earlier and it looks a lot more appealing than the amount I'm paying for Virgin Media currently. Only issue is I think I'm still in contract with Virgin until January, does anyone have any experience with leaving early and what sort of fees I'd be looking at?

Soldato
Stumbled upon the Vodafone broadband deal earlier and it looks a lot more appealing than the amount I'm paying for Virgin Media currently. Only issue is I think I'm still in contract with Virgin until January, does anyone have any experience with leaving early and what sort of fees I'd be looking at?
''As part of a fixed term contract with Virgin Media, you agree that you’ll continue with your chosen Broadband, TV and/or Phone services at your current address for a minimum period. This is shown in your contract, but is usually either 9, 12, 18 or 24 months.

If you decide to end part or all of your services with Virgin Media during a minimum period, then we’ll usually charge you an Early Disconnection Fee instead of the remaining payments for your minimum period for your services.

The Early Disconnection Fee will not be more than the charges you would have paid for the services for the remainder of the minimum period less any costs we save, including the cost of no longer providing you with the services.''
http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the...-optic-services/early-disconnection-fees.html

Commissario
Thanks @Uther, I've got tv and broadband so looks like each month would come to £29, so 3 months of that equates to £87, so not sure it's worth leaving just yet for the sake of saving ~£20/month.

Soldato
Thanks @Uther, I've got tv and broadband so looks like each month would come to £29, so 3 months of that equates to £87, so not sure it's worth leaving just yet for the sake of saving ~£20/month.

It used to be the policy that you were charged the minimum monthly subscription per service rather than the actual package price you were on. Customers with excessive faults and ongoing complaints often found those charges waived after putting it in writing. I can't speak to the current policy, but personally for the sake of 3 months I'd sit tight.

Associate
No. BT will give you a refund after the line has moved.
Vodafone will inform BT you're moving, as for refund well I've been a BT phone customer since forever, I don't subscribe to any of their other services and am therefore out of contract. My line rental according to my last bill is prepaid up to end of November and we hardly make any calls, possibly less than a tenner a quarter but they've written claiming I'll need to pay £60 odd if I leave.
I suspect they're deliberately ignoring the fact I should be due a refund upon leaving and it's a scare tactic to get me to ring them so as they can try to persuade me to stay.

Soldato
So people who have changed to Vodaphone recently, hows it going? My BT infinity 1 deal is about to run out and I don't fancy paying 50 quid a month! My max speed is usually around 42 so I'm thinking of just going to a 38/10 deal again.
I've previously been with Sky, and Plusnet and not had any issues...

Just hit the 6 month mark and apart from one slowdown which they sorted in rapid time, no complaints whatsoever. As i'm an existing VF mobile customer, I can't moan at £25/month for BB.

Back
Top Bottom