• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VOUCHER CODE DEALS CONCEPT PLAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have bought from ocuk everytime i upgraded my pc, except in 2019 when i could not get a card anywhere and i had to buy a gtx 1060 ( if i wanted to game ) at £100 over retail.

Still using the 1060 and i think this idea would be the only way i would get an upgrade.

Well I finally managed to get a card today, been trying on and off since last year. It's not the 3080 I 'really' wanted, I managed to get in on the voucher code for the RX 6700XT earlier and it has been shipped so I know I did get in this time. While I would perhaps rather have a 3070 as I think it's the better card in many respects, even the cheapest up now is still £300 more than the 6700XT was and some are flat out twice the price and a bit more even. Funny as it may sound to say this right now, especially as taking MSRP into account, the 6700XT has not been thought of as being particularly good value by the reviewers so far ...however against a 3070 costing upwards of £750 it actually is, because that price difference is a totally different class of card type difference not a rough equivalence.

Well I finally managed to get a card today, been trying on and off since last year. It's not the 3080 I 'really' wanted, I managed to get in on the voucher code for the RX 6700XT earlier and it has been shipped so I know I did get in this time. While I would perhaps rather have a 3070 as I think it's the better card in many respects, even the cheapest up now is still £300 more than the 6700XT was and some are flat out twice the price and a bit more even. Funny as it may sound to say this right now, especially as taking MSRP into account, the 6700XT has not been thought of as being particularly good value by the reviewers so far ...however against a 3070 costing upwards of £750 it actually is.

Well I finally managed to get a card today, been trying on and off since last year. It's not the 3080 I 'really' wanted, I managed to get in on the voucher code for the RX 6700XT earlier and it has been shipped so I know I did get in this time. While I would perhaps rather have a 3070 as I think it's the better card in many respects, even the cheapest up now is still £300 more than the 6700XT was and some are flat out twice the price and a bit more even. Funny as it may sound to say this right now, especially as taking MSRP into account, the 6700XT has not been thought of as being particularly good value by the reviewers so far ...however against a 3070 costing upwards of £750 it actually is, because that price difference is a totally different class of card type difference not a rough equivalence.
You got a deal imo thanks to OCUK anti-scam system.

Although I'm unlikely to take advantage of this.... awesome :) Very pleased to see you doing something about it all.

Bottom line, I realize that you are a business, and will sell cards for as much as you can, but for people that can't even get hold of cards at any sane price this is fantastic :)

Really really wanted to pull the trigger as the 3070 would be perfect for the wife but its just out of budget atm. I can't live with it... even had the card in the basket and at checkout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom