• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VOUCHER CODE DEALS CONCEPT PLAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
the end of lockdown and the opening of holidays again will impact demand.

Not so sure Easyjet, Ryan Air and TUI are pulling out of several bases in the UK (Newcastle, Birmingham, Bristol etc) we've lost our Holiday in August because they dont fly from Luton anymore (getting refunds ok fortunately) and TUI are something like 7 billion in debt and awaiting a bail out again in Germany. There will be holidays available but they wont be cheap there wont be that many available either. The Government also screwed it up when they said we wont be going on holiday this year but it wasnt the Government that said it just a Scientific Advisor but the media have incorrectly reported it as Government gospel and its not. So general public think we are now not going to be allowed yet its not been decided officially. Due to this holiday sales have dipped again drastically. However I am going off topic.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Not so sure Easyjet, Ryan Air and TUI are pulling out of several bases in the UK (Newcastle, Birmingham, Bristol etc) we've lost our Luton Holiday because they dont fly from Luton anymore (getting refunds ok fortunately) and TUI are something like 7 billion in debt and awaiting a bail out again in Germany. There will be holidays available but they wont be cheap there wont be that many available either. The goverment also screwed it up when they said we wont be going on holiday this year but it wasnt the government that said it just a Scientific Advisor but the media have reported it as Government gospel and its not. So general public think we are now going to be allowed yet its not been decided. Due to this holiday sales have dipped again drastically. However I am going off topic.
Sorry to hear about that. I've not looked at any holidays yet, I'm sure that there are many in the same boat.

There's usually a hefty drop in component sales around Easter and the holiday period. This didn't happen last year and looks like it won't this year (at least the Easter part)
However, after a full year of lockdown I'm certain that the majority of the population will spend whatever spare cash they have on a holiday as soon as they feel safe and able to do so.

Associate
Strangely enough none of that ties in to how you caught him selling the card on Ebay. No one would use the same name on ebay that they use on forums , so please explain how did you know the card was being sold on ebay ?

Just look up the listing, eg it says
"
This is due to be delivered to me by 26/3

Brand new and boxed

Purchased from Overclockers UK"

Soldato
Yes, I do agree that MM access shouldn't be given away but how many posts are actually of a decent quality/helpful and will we soon start "scoring" the quality of them to get points?

I feel this post underscores my logic perfectly..!

What you have to ask is how useful is a forum with members that post (on average) once every 44 days in your case? If everyone did that we'd have no forum anymore, it would be barren and devoid of anything for the most part.

You can easily tell when people spam for the sake of it, and they mostly end up in GD ( :D ) this is a computer enthusiast forum primarily, I am sure if you enjoy gaming, or 3D modelling, or web design there are plenty of places to post and contribute, where the post count become something that happens naturally, but isn't a focus.

Soldato
Soldato
Yes, I do agree that MM access shouldn't be given away but how many posts are actually of a decent quality/helpful and will we soon start "scoring" the quality of them to get points?

I feel this post makes my point perfectly..!
Sounds like a lot of work for the don's that they probably don't have time for
It's easy for me to say but I think the 1k posts is a decent amount and it is by far the best place I have ever experienced for buying and selling

Associate
I always check OCUK first when I am looking for PC components as the free delivery for being an active member makes most things cheaper then competitors. Also I have seen many deals and offers being given to forum members in the past, so its good to be involved in the community. Just getting enough posts for the Free delivery is also worth having.

Associate
From reading the first post seems I won't be aware near getting one for a while but I support the idea and think its good. And I am HIGHLY amused by the thought of bots automatically buying them at £10000. XD

Yeah I wonder too if bots will keep buying them at insane prices. Just imagine how that would screw up pricing even more though
Have been buying pc components from Overclockers must be the best part of 15 years with many a expensive orders especially last couple of years and maybe posted on the forum no more than 10 times, so in layman's terms does this mean I am never gonna get a chance to buy one of the latest Graphics cards in the normal way from this site again
Sorry to hear about that. I've not looked at any holidays yet, I'm sure that there are many in the same boat.

There's usually a hefty drop in component sales around Easter and the holiday period. After a full year of lockdown I'm certain that the majority of the population will spend whatever spare cash they have on a holiday as soon as they feel safe and able to do so.

That's true. Personally, I'm not going away/abroad on holiday for at least another year. I'm spending that saved cash on replacing my broken car and upgrading my pc :D If/when that is lol

Associate
Total BS peoples kids don’t all have a birthday at same time people just try to come up with excuses.

I know a guy on FB who has ordered several cards and sells them, he has not purchased from us as we do actively monitor and try to prevent it.
How do we know he's not Santa himself? :D

Soldato

There's usually a hefty drop in component sales around Easter and the holiday period. This didn't happen last year and looks like it won't this year (at least the Easter part)
However, after a full year of lockdown I'm certain that the majority of the population will spend whatever spare cash they have on a holiday as soon as they feel safe and able to do so.

I work for the holiday industry and we are expecting another massive loss this year Winter 21/22 and Summer 2022 is looking massive though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom