• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VOUCHER CODE DEALS CONCEPT PLAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hey, just been pointed to this thread by a friend and it looks like I am one of the 'fluke' orders that got through at msrp. I picked up a Zotac 3060 earlier this evening. If i read this right my order is being cancelled?

Would be very helpful if some of the higher ups here can let me know what's going on.

Cheers
Edit: just fyi at no time was any of the cards i saw £10k or so. I'm not a total loon :D

It seems that you read the thread and it said that your order has been cancelled along with all others, so you already know from the "higher ups" what is going on

So i wrestled with the OcUK store for a good 15 mins and finally got my order through for a 3070 TUF. I've been a customer for 10+ years (you can check my purchase history). And now you're telling me that I can't have my card because I don't frequent these forums often? That hurts man...

They haven't said that you can't have your card because you don't frequent these forums often (in fact your profile shows that you only joined yesterday, which isn't a case of not posting often). Its because they weren't supposed to be for sale, you are asking to take advantage of an error. They haven't said that you are a scalper or stopped you from buying one because they think you are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Massive shame to be totally honest, I'd be interested know how what the numbers were on actually confirmed bot purchased...you'd figure that the capta (click on the traffic lights) system would help with this.

Think they oc will loose a few customers with screw ups like this and the lack of customer services recently.

I just get impression all those cards are destined for the mm, which is fine but you might as well close up the pages to mm only then... Why even list them on your site if your not going to sell them if you have them.

Sorry just ****** and disappointed in oc recently.

But you have a 3090? And a nice Ryzen 5900x to keep you happy?

Plus, you need to read the posts by ScottiB, he explains what went on.

Associate
Yes I do, but It it's not for me it's for the gf rig... Not sure why I'm even explaining this.

Sure he explained it but the general service recently has been poor to say the least, is just another problem that puts me off using them until they sort out whatever they have going on internally.

Associate
Yes I do, but It it's not for me it's for the gf rig... Not sure why I'm even explaining this.

Sure he explained it but the general service recently has been poor to say the least, is just another problem that puts me off using them until they sort out whatever they have going on internally.

Well it's a classic case of **** happens dude. But at the end of the day, you've missed out on a graphics card, nobody's died. You're not happy with the service but you're choosing to air your dirty laundry very publicly in voicing your dissatisfaction. They've already said they're really sorry if genuine customers were affected, a few people here going on about it affecting their reputation, that again is something they've acknowledged yet people who missed out are still banging on about reputations and what have you. And that's making them look a bit bitter.

Surely your gf understands this isn't your fault and isn't gonna give you a hard time. Like I say, nobody's died. Look at me slumming it with a 3700x and 2080? I'd like a graphics card upgrade but I'm also not of the opinion I'm entitled to one.

It's ****, but you just need to suck it up unfortunately.

Associate
Frustration would probably also play a part here, when I first logged in here (admittedly for the first time in over 10 years) it was to have a rant, but I've calmed down now. I just think some people are misconstruing entitlement with the frustration of thinking you've managed to achieve the impossible, only to have it unceremoniously pulled from under your feet.

...hey do you think if I reply in here enough I'll get to 1,000 posts finally and be able to get a voucher :D

If you had checked the forums more often you will see that this isn't the first time that OCUK have tried to help out genuine customers rather than those just using bots. One week they gave notice that at the end of the week they would be releasing lots of cards, true to their word they stuck loads of cards in with printers, lots of genuine customers got them rather than bots, including me, just because I checked the forum and shop at the end of the week as they had said. This was ruined by people then setting up bots to find these cards

Associate
If you had checked the forums more often you will see that this isn't the first time that OCUK have tried to help out genuine customers rather than those just using bots. One week they gave notice that at the end of the week they would be releasing lots of cards, true to their word they stuck loads of cards in with printers, lots of genuine customers got them rather than bots, including me, just because I checked the forum and shop at the end of the week as they had said. This was ruined by people then setting up bots to find these cards

This is a good point and validates the participating in the forum argument. And I've not always agreed with OCUK's pricing at certain times, but I too took advantage of a great OCUK offer on a 1070 at launch a few years back and had forgotten they'd given people here a heads up and hidden some in with the 3d printers. But with what they also did with the MM stuff in the last couple of days, which ties in with the reward for forum participation argument, they've done more than any other online retailers to try and help out regular gamers.

Credit has to be given where due.

Associate
Well it's a classic case of **** happens dude. But at the end of the day, you've missed out on a graphics card, nobody's died. You're not happy with the service but you're choosing to air your dirty laundry very publicly in voicing your dissatisfaction. They've already said they're really sorry if genuine customers were affected, a few people here going on about it affecting their reputation, that again is something they've acknowledged yet people who missed out are still banging on about reputations and what have you. And that's making them look a bit bitter.

Surely your gf understands this isn't your fault and isn't gonna give you a hard time. Like I say, nobody's died. Look at me slumming it with a 3700x and 2080? I'd like a graphics card upgrade but I'm also not of the opinion I'm entitled to one.

It's ****, but you just need to suck it up unfortunately.

Yep sure does just a little more often right now, last I checked I could voice my opinion on a situation, the forums would be pretty quiet if we all just agreed with what was done, feedback is feedback regardless of who it came from or if it is positive or negative - any company would want to hear or see this so they can improve.

Anyway I'm going to go back to holding off on any future orders with oc until things settle down and this craziness is gone.

Associate
The thing is, this blunder will massively damage OcUK's rep for months. Personally i'll get over it pretty quick coz i'm thick skinned. But there will be a hellish amount of salty Karens who won't let it go. Who will probably post it all over social media if it isn't already. It's gonna suck for Overclockers as much as it will for the customers

For some people it will massively improve OCUK rep for years as they are the company doing the most to get cards in the hands of genuine customers who don't use bots/discord/alerts

Last edited:
Associate
Disappointed, add to the basket was there "buy" button fine for me. Added it and had to refresh a ton of times to get to the amazon pay checkout how I've ordered once before but after enough attempts, I got the order through was a painful process and I thought I had myself an okayish priced £470 Sapphire Radeon RX 6700 XT MBA :( oh well, hope for genuine customers we might get a chance to fulfil these orders with a check? as next time bet bots/miners or scalpers get them anyway.

Associate
So from what I can tell, OCUK think the majority of purchases were done by bots? I hope that doesn't mark us genuine customers as bots as me and everyone in a discord group clearly saw add to basket buttons that worked without any backdoor shenanigans.

You could literally navigate the site and add any 3060, 3070, 6700XT to cart.

Some of us have never used discord groups to identify cards for sale, or stock alerts of any kind to buy cards. Your comments show regular customers that in order to get a card nowadays you really need to join discord groups or stock bots, thanks for the heads up

Associate
Disappointed, add to the basket was there "buy" button fine for me. Added it and had to refresh a ton of times to get to the amazon pay checkout how I've ordered once before but after enough attempts, I got the order through was a painful process and I thought I had myself an okayish priced £470 Sapphire Radeon RX 6700 XT MBA :( oh well, hope for genuine customers we might get a chance to fulfil these orders with a check? as next time bet bots/miners or scalpers get them anyway.

I would also love an opportunity to prove that I’m a genuine customer and that my intentions are pure.

GPU is the last component I need for my sister’s 18th birthday build. She studies gaming design at collage and now really needs her own PC. I’m more disappointed for her, and refuse to put money in the pockets of bots / people who use unfair advantages. I’ve got less than 3 weeks to sort something out. :confused:

Associate
Yep sure does just a little more often right now, last I checked I could voice my opinion on a situation, the forums would be pretty quiet if we all just agreed with what was done, feedback is feedback regardless of who it came from or if it is positive or negative - any company would want to hear or see this so they can improve.

I think you made your point initially and that this was picked up on and acknowledged, you're not telling them anything they don't already know and I believe people are still awake cancelling orders now. They know.

A lot of people, myself included, will cut them some slack right now due to some of the things they've done to try and help gamers in the last couple of days and in the past.

And that one they did in recent days might go public next week so not just for those with access to the MM. I've no doubt that despite these good intentions, the nature of a lot of people will mean this is all over the Internet quickly and OCUK end up only doing it once. I hope that doesn't happen but I fear it will. But you might still be able to grab a card then if you keep your eye on the forums.

Associate
The difference between OCUK and other retailers is that they have a public forum that people are complaining on, please do that on the official forum for the high street chain that I have never seen a card for sale on. Also OcUK have managed to get cards in the hands of genuine customers who are not using discord/alerts and bots. Perhaps people could write to Nvidia/AMD asking why they haven't made enough cards to meet demand, and while they are at it ask Intel why they haven't released a discrete gpu for gaming yet

Last edited:
Associate
I've ordered RX 6800 ordered cancelled...
Sucks to be us.

This is my 2nd order getting cancelled.

Can this voucher be available for new verified members?

So... Genuine customer isn't using Discord?
You're having a laugh.
That's the only way to get a card these days.
You should have MAX 1 GPU per delivery address(or billing) per 90 days. If they want to re-order, need to wait 90 days

I just want to get one graphics card from overclockers that's all I want.
Last week I have ordered two RTX 3070 in panic but had them both refunded.. that Price of £900 was killing me...

Yesterday ordered RX 6800 for £829 which was bit high but still better than RTX 3070.

However my order got cancelled at 11:50PM for some odd reason.

I just want to buy one GPU for my PC like everyone else I am still on GTX 780 lol...

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I think you made your point initially and that this was picked up on and acknowledged, you're not telling them anything they don't already know and I believe people are still awake cancelling orders now. They know.

A lot of people, myself included, will cut them some slack right now due to some of the things they've done to try and help gamers in the last couple of days and in the past.

And that one they did in recent days might go public next week so not just for those with access to the MM. I've no doubt that despite these good intentions, the nature of a lot of people will mean this is all over the Internet quickly and OCUK end up only doing it once. I hope that doesn't happen but I fear it will. But you might still be able to grab a card then if you keep your eye on the forums.

As I said I'm going to give them a hard pass for the moment, regardless of if they had it in stock or not, the prices are already verging on scalper territory and I can only imagine that is because they are paying more for the cards to be able get them instead of another supplier.

Seems like they got quiet a lot in this time round, hope someone actually sees these cards soon.

OcUK Staff
All orders are cancelled, sorry for getting your hopes up, tried to solve a problem for Scott and ended up making a bigger one with the website. Most orders I have managed to cancel I think before the payment would have even left your banks. For those that did leave they should be back in your back normally within 24 hours, if you are having any issues, please leave a message with us and we will look in to it.
Total orders - 1016 Even with Cloudflare and the bot banning it seems the bots are getting through. As most of this was within 5 minutes of the issue going live.

Associate
OK
Apologies up front if, by some fluke, any genuine customers got caught up in this but there shouldn't have been any cards (above 2060) for sale this evening. We had an issue with a hidden stock feed for about half an hour which a load of auto-buy bots...and possibly stock watch bots managed to latch onto.

There's absolutely no way to find out if there are any genuine customers involved, there shouldn't be unless there was a second but involved.. but none of the cards should have been orderable so all orders are being cancelled.

Makes sense why my order has been cancelled.

Associate
All orders are cancelled, sorry for getting your hopes up, tried to solve a problem for Scott and ended up making a bigger one with the website. Most orders I have managed to cancel I think before the payment would have even left your banks. For those that did leave they should be back in your back normally within 24 hours, if you are having any issues, please leave a message with us and we will look in to it.
Total orders - 1016 Even with Cloudflare and the bot banning it seems the bots are getting through. As most of this was within 5 minutes of the issue going live.
Thanks for the info,
are all gpus from now on £10k?
Am I as a week old member going to be able to order one gpu for my PC?:rolleyes:

Associate
They haven't said that you can't have your card because you don't frequent these forums often (in fact your profile shows that you only joined yesterday, which isn't a case of not posting often). Its because they weren't supposed to be for sale, you are asking to take advantage of an error. They haven't said that you are a scalper or stopped you from buying one because they think you are
So... Genuine customer isn't using Discord?
You're having a laugh.
That's the only way to get a card these days.
You should have MAX 1 GPU per delivery address(or billing) per 90 days. If they want to re-order, need to wait 90 days

I just want to get one graphics card from overclockers that's all I want.
Last week I have ordered two RTX 3070 in panic but had them both refunded.. that Price of £900 was killing me...

Yesterday ordered RX 6800 for £829 which was bit high but still better than RTX 3070.

However my order got cancelled at 11:50PM for some odd reason.

I just want to buy one GPU for my PC like everyone else I am still on GTX 780 lol...

I didn't need to use discord as Overclockers gave a heads up one week that they were selling cards at the end of the week, I monitored the shop and forum and got one. If you just wanted one card from OCUK in particular you could have joined their forum earlier and got one. Read back in this thread as to how you can get a chance at a card in the near future

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom