VX2835wm prob since new update.

Soldato
Here's mine, with your serial number in..

[edit] removed..

And someone suggested you need 61Hz @ 1920x1080 for some monitors, so here's an EDID with this mod..
[edit] removed

Goodluck!

Last edited:
Soldato
Just tried the above, still no joy. :(

The File looks spot on! Now I'm confused! I can't see how the 360 can make a different decision, since the EDID information should be the same, unless it's using other information..

Just one small ?, is your PC connected via HDMI or VGA when updating the EDID? it needs to be via HDMI...

I have a Joytech 3 into 1 HDMI switcher that I share all my devices (360/ps3/PC)..

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Fingers Crossed !

I need to buy you a drink! :D Its finally working I can select 1080p in the Xbox menu and the monitor displays the image correctly and perfect! :D :D Thanks for the help mate very much appreciated, I now have sound via HDMI and full 1080p :) You need to be hired by ViewSonic and sort the issue out no doubt the problem is worldwide!

Thanks again! :D

Soldato
I need to buy you a drink! :D Its finally working I can select 1080p in the Xbox menu and the monitor displays the image correctly and perfect! :D :D Thanks for the help mate very much appreciated, I now have sound via HDMI and full 1080p :) You need to be hired by ViewSonic and sort the issue out no doubt the problem is worldwide!

Thanks again! :D

No problems!

I know what you mean about Viewsonic.. I swear they probably have a load of boffins trapped in a room with the most expensive kit known to man developing this stuff, and we can out do them with sheer brute common sense and 'google'.. :D

I work in a place where the level of degree is mightier then the ability to tie your own shoes laces when it comes to who they employ, and this kinds of thing is oh so common!

I should start a university course in 'spotting the bleedin obvious and common sense 101', with all lectures held in the 'Fox and Hound' seminar room ;) and daily physics experiments involving coloured balls and pockets!...

I'm glad I don't know much sometimes, it stops me looking stupid (Well, most of the time!)

btw - It shouldn't be an issue, but I've removed the links to your files, it does have your monitors serial number in, although quite what harm it does, I don't know, but just out of courtesy I thought I'd remove them!

:D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
No problems!

I know what you mean about Viewsonic.. I swear they probably have a load of boffins trapped in a room with the most expensive kit known to man developing this stuff, and we can out do them with sheer brute common sense and 'google'.. :D

I work in a place where the level of degree is mightier then the ability to tie your own shoes laces when it comes to who they employ, and this kinds of thing is oh so common!

I should start a university course in 'spotting the bleedin obvious and common sense 101', with all lectures held in the 'Fox and Hound' seminar room ;) and daily physics experiments involving coloured balls and pockets!...

I'm glad I don't know much sometimes, it stops me looking stupid (Well, most of the time!)

btw - It shouldn't be an issue, but I've removed the links to your files, it does have your monitors serial number in, although quite what harm it does, I don't know, but just out of courtesy I thought I'd remove them!

:D

Well this has saved me a load of hassle getting this fixed relatively easily, don’t quite know how ViewSonic have messed up :D

Yeah it’s probably best to remove the links thanks I will too :) I have saved the original file so if it needs to go back I will pop that back on as I have noticed the manufacture date has changed to 2007, it was 2008 :D

I wonder if it was just a problem with the Xbox360 you say you have a PS3 does that work fine?

Soldato
Well this has saved me a load of hassle getting this fixed relatively easily, don’t quite know how ViewSonic have messed up :D

Yeah it’s probably best to remove the links thanks I will too :) I have saved the original file so if it needs to go back I will pop that back on as I have noticed the manufacture date has changed to 2007, it was 2008 :D

I wonder if it was just a problem with the Xbox360 you say you have a PS3 does that work fine?

The PS3 sort of works fine, becuase you can get it to 'force' the resolution, but there is a downside when using the PS3 if you are fussy.

It's all down to the fact the PS3's scaler is broken/badly designed, and hence some games are forced out at 720p no matter what.. if you have a PC sharing the monitor and use the full 1920*1200 desktop resolution, then unless you manually keep switching the 'aspect' ratio of the monitor every time you switch between a 720p only PS3 game and your PC, one of them will be squashed/stretched slightly.. it's either inconvenience to keep switching aspect ratio's, or you end up with a slightly squashed PC image, or slightly stretched PS3 image..

The 360's ability to always output 1080p no matter what the game makes it a little easier..

Associate
Hello and Greetings from Germany,

i had the same problem after the patch. After using google i found this thread. Took me an evening to patch it but now it works. Have a sharp and crispy picture now again.

At least i encounter another problem now. I am not able to use my pc over hdmi now. I dont have any picture then when i use it. I replaced as posted here
in the thread the apple resultion in the EDID.

Its not that big problem as 480p over the xbox cause i use analog D-Sub now.

I am not able in any way now to update the EDID when i cant use the hdmi cable.

Anyone have an idea?

Sorry for my English, its long time ago i learned in school.:rolleyes:

Cheers
Klaus

Soldato
Hello and Greetings from Germany,

i had the same problem after the patch. After using google i found this thread. Took me an evening to patch it but now it works. Have a sharp and crispy picture now again.

At least i encounter another problem now. I am not able to use my pc over hdmi now. I dont have any picture then when i use it. I replaced as posted here
in the thread the apple resultion in the EDID.

Its not that big problem as 480p over the xbox cause i use analog D-Sub now.

I am not able in any way now to update the EDID when i cant use the hdmi cable.

Anyone have an idea?

Sorry for my English, its long time ago i learned in school.:rolleyes:

Cheers
Klaus

Hi,

I can't imagine why the PC wouldn't work with the monitor.. the EDID should not cause any problems.

However, my NVidia card always stops using my VX2835 if I don't have it connected when I boot the PC.

In order to get mine re-detected, I have to
1. Connect via VGA and HDMI leads
2. Boot PC via VGA
3. Go to video card options and get it to detect displays, and usually clone the desktop to both displays
4. Set the DVI connection as the primary monitor.
5. Disconnect the VGA lead
6. Only boot the PC with the monitor switched on, and connected via HDMI

I hope this helps!

My PC still works fine with my VX2835, it uses the 1920*1200 resolution which is still in the EDID!

Associate
In order to get mine re-detected, I have to
1. Connect via VGA and HDMI leads
2. Boot PC via VGA
3. Go to video card options and get it to detect displays, and usually clone the desktop to both displays
4. Set the DVI connection as the primary monitor.
5. Disconnect the VGA lead
6. Only boot the PC with the monitor switched on, and connected via HDMI

It didnt work for me.:(

Ive done the following:

1. HDMI and DVI with D-SUB(VGA) Adapter connected both to monitor
2. Not sure about what you mean but first booted with F8 choosing VGA and booting with Input D-Sub(VGA) on Monitor. Tried both
3. You mean the Tab where you can identify the monitors, modify resolution and colour depth.
4. Ive set the Second Display to Main Display there.
5. disconnected vga cable
6. reset comp and let him boot no picture :(

I also have a nvidia 8800 gts and tried another graphic card. Have a radeon x1600 and with this card i get a resolution 640x480. Any higher resolution i try results in a dark display, powered off not getting a signal.

Do you have any clue? Looks interesting that a radeon give me a vga picture at last.

EDIT:

Tried to booted from another comp with nvidia card, no picture here

Last edited:
Soldato
It didnt work for me.:(

Ive done the following:

1. HDMI and DVI with D-SUB(VGA) Adapter connected both to monitor
2. Not sure about what you mean but first booted with F8 choosing VGA and booting with Input D-Sub(VGA) on Monitor. Tried both
3. You mean the Tab where you can identify the monitors, modify resolution and colour depth.
4. Ive set the Second Display to Main Display there.
5. disconnected vga cable
6. reset comp and let him boot no picture :(

I also have a nvidia 8800 gts and tried another graphic card. Have a radeon x1600 and with this card i get a resolution 640x480. Any higher resolution i try results in a dark display, powered off not getting a signal.

Do you have any clue? Looks interesting that a radeon give me a vga picture at last.

EDIT:

Tried to booted from another comp with nvidia card, no picture here

The only thing I can think of, is you modified the EDID, but did not modify the checksum, which may cause the PC to ignore the EDID information.

I found the Viewsonic EDID tool did modify the checksum as I made the changes, and if you click on the last 'digits' of the EDID, it said the checksum was OK.

I guess, if your radeon gives you some image via HDMI, then you should be able to write your original EDID information back (Powerstrip saves your original EDID before you write the new one!)..

Can you tell me which bytes you changed in the EDID? and did you use the viewsonic EDID tool?
If you can get the EDID file to me (use rapidshare or similar), I can always just check it independantly..

Associate
The only thing I can think of, is you modified the EDID, but did not modify the checksum, which may cause the PC to ignore the EDID information.

I found the Viewsonic EDID tool did modify the checksum as I made the changes, and if you click on the last 'digits' of the EDID, it said the checksum was OK.

I guess, if your radeon gives you some image via HDMI, then you should be able to write your original EDID information back (Powerstrip saves your original EDID before you write the new one!)..

Can you tell me which bytes you changed in the EDID? and did you use the viewsonic EDID tool?
If you can get the EDID file to me (use rapidshare or similar), I can always just check it independantly..

I had the problem with the checksum before too. With the Viewsonic EDID tool it replaced the Checksum. The Radeon only gives a VGA Signal, every try to change the resolution then ends in a dark display.

I changed exactly the bytes you posted here. Am gonna try to PM you my EDID. Maybe you can see more then i.:confused:

EDIT:

Look like i cant PM it to you. Maybe i can mail it to you in any way??

Last edited:
Soldato
If you use a free file hosting site, and PM me a link to it?, or post a link to it in this thread?

What I could do, is pop your serial number in my EDID file and you could try that, but I won't be able to sort it out until this evening!

Associate
If you use a free file hosting site, and PM me a link to it?, or post a link to it in this thread?

What I could do, is pop your serial number in my EDID file and you could try that, but I won't be able to sort it out until this evening!

Strange, ive connected via hdmi and vga at the moment and Powerstrip said that he found 2 eproms. I think one is for Analog VGA and the other eprom is for HDMI. Anyway tried solo HMDI connection and write EDID again but he didnt do anything. I think this is a VGA mode only which cant write EDID over HDMI.

I checked the EDID in Detail before i write it back and the 1920x1080 was replaced with the apple resolution.

I post you the Original EDID:

http://rapidshare.com/files/200298791/viewsonic.bin.html

and that is the modified EDID:

http://rapidshare.com/files/200298789/dspinfo.bin.html

Another question i have. What does the Discrete Timing do? It looks like the Discrete Timing resolution is the same i replaced in the EDID.

Soldato
Strange, ive connected via hdmi and vga at the moment and Powerstrip said that he found 2 eproms. I think one is for Analog VGA and the other eprom is for HDMI. Anyway tried solo HMDI connection and write EDID again but he didnt do anything. I think this is a VGA mode only which cant write EDID over HDMI.

I checked the EDID in Detail before i write it back and the 1920x1080 was replaced with the apple resolution.

I post you the Original EDID:

http://rapidshare.com/files/200298791/viewsonic.bin.html

and that is the modified EDID:

http://rapidshare.com/files/200298789/dspinfo.bin.html

Another question i have. What does the Discrete Timing do? It looks like the Discrete Timing resolution is the same i replaced in the EDID.

Ideally, it would be good to have them in the viewsonic .dat format, as this seems the most reliable way of viewing the differences.

However, I've put your serial number in my EDID file that works for me..

http://www.filefactory.com/file/af108hc/n/helpless_modified_edid_dat

It might be worth trying that, assuming you can access the monitor via HDMI...

Back
Top Bottom