VX2835wm prob since new update.

Associate
Helpless: Impossible, hes offline to muchdays DEMON ,DEMON if you hear me pls help,PLEASE HELP, me oh god if the demon off to much days a really crazies ...

Associate
Helpless-How you change EDID(edit) i cant while save and open its not changed...( i solution this, or i wait for demon demon demon heeeelp!

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi Jack1947

Sorry about not being around, I've been a little bit ill!

Here's your EDID back, with the 1920*1080 added

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pnkmkx

(I assume you 'read' this from the HDMI port?)

Hope it works!

Just For your information,

I used the viewsonic EDID editor, and changed
Byte 52 from 71 to D1
Byte 53 from 4F to C0
And then saved the file!! As easy as that!

This changes 1152*864@75Hz to 1920*1080@60Hz

Soldato
@Demon You didnt change any checksum? Why it didnt work with my changed .dat file for Jack? Weird!:mad::p
As I make changes to the edid file in the viewsonic editor, it changes the checksum automatically (last byte). If I then click on the last 'byte' it says 'checksum OK', then I save the file.

Not sure why it doesn't seem to work for other people!! :confused:.

Associate
Hi Demon,

Any chance you can assist me with my monitor ?

I have written to ViewSonic support, and that just seems like talking to a door.

My EDID file is uploaded to: http://www.sendspace.com/file/9vihlo

My monitor serial is: QFG084100936

Could you also please decribe how to "upload" the file from you to the monitor using PowerStrip ?

THANKS in advance. I really appreciate any help you can give me.

Soldato
Hi Demon,

Any chance you can assist me with my monitor ?

I have written to ViewSonic support, and that just seems like talking to a door.

My EDID file is uploaded to: http://www.sendspace.com/file/9vihlo

My monitor serial is: QFG084100936

Could you also please decribe how to "upload" the file from you to the monitor using PowerStrip ?

THANKS in advance. I really appreciate any help you can give me.

if you could send it via rapidshare (I can't access sendspace from work), I can make the changes, or I'll have a look tonight..

Associate
Hi Demon,

First off - again THANK YOU VERY MUCH for helping.

BUT I now seem to have run into some other issues. Whenvever I try to select Update EDID in PowerStrip, I get the following 2 messages.

First an Information message:
An EDID EEPROM was not detected on the selected monitor. Do you want to scan the bus for other EDID EEPROMs?

I then select Yes, and then this error message pops up:
An EDID EEPROM was not found

Do you have any idea's on what to do then ?

The monitor is hooked up to my PC using the DVI -> HDMI cable that was delivered with the monitor. The gfx card is a NVIDIA GeForce 280 GTX.

Associate
Its bad problem i dont had solution for this,if i run Update EDID i can select 2nd eprom and updated okey...i dont know while you havnt get update work...

Soldato
Hi Demon,

First off - again THANK YOU VERY MUCH for helping.

BUT I now seem to have run into some other issues. Whenvever I try to select Update EDID in PowerStrip, I get the following 2 messages.

First an Information message:
An EDID EEPROM was not detected on the selected monitor. Do you want to scan the bus for other EDID EEPROMs?

I then select Yes, and then this error message pops up:
An EDID EEPROM was not found

Do you have any idea's on what to do then ?

The monitor is hooked up to my PC using the DVI -> HDMI cable that was delivered with the monitor. The gfx card is a NVIDIA GeForce 280 GTX.

The only thing I can think of is does your 280GTX have 2 DVI ports? if so, try the other port?

Faiing that, you may need to somehow either try the monitor on another PC/Graphics card?

I did mine using an integrate NVidia 6150 chipset motherboard (with DVI).

I think almost certainly it must be the graphics card, as the EEPROM is definitely writeable on the Monitor!

Associate
Hi Demon.

Sorry for the missing update, but been away on business.

Tried the second DVI port on the 280, but with same result. I then borrowed a laptop with ATI graphics card with HDMI port, and was now able to upload the new profile.

And Voila - I can now select 1080p on by belowed Xbox360 again.

MANY MANY thanks for all your help.

Associate
Demon: you deserve a Nobel prize. I solved my problem thanks to you. Neither the MS support nor the Viewsonic support have a clue about all of this stuff. Instead they let you check if the power cable is plugged in correctly every time you call them...

One question: I altered my EDID file as you said (the bits 52/53) and the EDID tool said the checksum was ok. Is there anything else you check when editing the file? When I tried to upload mine, the program said it wasn't valid. The one you shared here in the forum worked properly.

Soldato
Demon: you deserve a Nobel prize. I solved my problem thanks to you. Neither the MS support nor the Viewsonic support have a clue about all of this stuff. Instead they let you check if the power cable is plugged in correctly every time you call them...

One question: I altered my EDID file as you said (the bits 52/53) and the EDID tool said the checksum was ok. Is there anything else you check when editing the file? When I tried to upload mine, the program said it wasn't valid. The one you shared here in the forum worked properly.

Thanks!, I'm not sure about the file being invalid, if you could send me the file you used that did work (so many on here), and the one you edited yourself, I could look at the differences and see if it's a file format issue etc..

Back
Top Bottom