VX2835wm prob since new update.

Associate
It Works!!

Thanks you a lot, i appreciate your help. This helps me a lot and i am very happy now.

I compared both dats and from what i found out i must have switched the analog/digital flag in any way.

Again...now it runs perfectly.:)

Cheers
Klaus

EDIT:

What resolution does the monitor show under Information whenn you play ps3 games?

Last edited:
Soldato
It Works!!

Thanks you a lot, i appreciate your help. This helps me a lot and i am very happy now.

I compared both dats and from what i found out i must have switched the analog/digital flag in any way.

Again...now it runs perfectly.:)

Cheers
Klaus

Excellent! I think the fact the monitor has a seperate EDID for the VGA and HDMI connections can lead to accidentally getting them mixed up!

But I'm glad it's now working!

EDIT:

What resolution does the monitor show under Information whenn you play ps3 games?

I sold my PS3 a little while ago, and I don't actually know..

However, my 360 shows 1080p as the resolution, my PC set to 1920*1080/60Hz shows "1920*1080", so I guess it's quite random!

However, with the PS3, some games can only output 720p no matter what, so even if your XMB is 1080p, when you go into the game, it will switch resolution!

Associate
Excellent! I think the fact the monitor has a seperate EDID for the VGA and HDMI connections can lead to accidentally getting them mixed up!

But I'm glad it's now working!

Definately the monitor has two different Eproms. You can see it in Pstrip when you have VGA and HDMI lead on. If Powerstrip found the first Eprom you can search for more Eproms and then he will find the 2nd Eprom. If you only have the HDMI lead on it will find only the 2nd Eprom.

I sold my PS3 a little while ago, and I don't actually know..

However, my 360 shows 1080p as the resolution, my PC set to 1920*1080/60Hz shows "1920*1080", so I guess it's quite random!

However, with the PS3, some games can only output 720p no matter what, so even if your XMB is 1080p, when you go into the game, it will switch resolution!

Yes, i tried to force games into 1080p but if i remove 720p resolution from config he falls back to 576p which scared me yesterday till i found out how to fix it.

The Viewsonic dont have a 720p resolution in his EDID but i think its the same way like the Xbox does 1080p before the Update.

Associate
Hi, im new had bad english and i had same problem i really need help
with EDID my serial number is QFG084100361
very thank for help ;)
(i believe everybody can help me) thanks for help

Associate
Ok, i think the checksum is not valid and i dont know how to fix that.

What you can try for yourself is

1. Download Edid Editor from Viewsonic. You gonna find it under Drivers and Support
2. Start EDID Editor
3. File--> Retrieve EDID Data
4. Change the two bytes as described in this thread
5. Save the File
6. Try to Upload it with Powerstrip

The other thing you can do is to wait till Demon will help you. I dont know how he fixed the checksum in the file.

Associate
Helpless:Demon must go online to u dont have his email or everybody else?
The checksum in this files are both wrong- what not this is bull....this is original EDID,what wrongs

Associate
Helpless: But demons modified work for you , if works for you maybe works for me what bytes i change do you understand what i did im very angry everybody nothing can change EDID ??

Associate
He also modified the checksum for me, also i had some other tool i used first which changed the checksum from itself. Dunno what it was called.

So Demon is the only one who can help you at the moment to fix the checksum after changing the serial number.

Back
Top Bottom