War Thunder - Free PS4 WW2 Fighter Jet Game - Tips, Tricks, etc

Caporegime
OP
i was playing for a while there.

absolutely thrashing people with the hurricane mk2 i got like 5 kills or assists withing a few minutes.

they are going to be making the maps even bigger, which i think is a bad thing unless they up the number of players, sometimes it takes ages to get from one target to the next. think i read about bigger maps on wikipedia or their official forums, unsure if it's for pc version or both.

i also noticed i manged about 6 clean bombing streaks on an enemy base without an enemy plane even coming to attack me, think it's due to the size of the maps or maybe noobs just simply playing for themselves.

anyone know if they will be keeping development for both the same? or will the versions be different?

Soldato
The Typhoon is a beast! So fast and a great climber, if you get into trouble just dive and speed off, gain some height and turn around and dive-bomb your former attacker :)

Also upgraded my 10x250lb bombs on my Wellington to a single 4000lb bomb which is great for hammering bases and airfields, reload speed is now 40 seconds so by the time ive dropped a bomb, i can basically to a big figure of eight turn and be ready to drop another one.

Its not all good though, trying to get any worthwhile points with the awful Beaufort "bomber" is a real pain. 2 useless gunners and 2 almost useless bombs means I never do much damage or last very long if attacked. Hopefully be done with it soon so I can unlock the Beaufighter, looks very interesting.

Caporegime
OP
i seem to be the only one who knows what im doing in my teams most of the time in terms of destroying bases or targets.

i mean nobody bothers taking the AA out first, which is basically the biggest threats to planes.

crew grinding is starting to peeve, i mean the number of XP required for an experienced gunner or increasing anything is starting to stack up, i now normally have to play a full session before increasing a couple of stats, rather than playing 1 battle then doing it.

i really hate that stupid torpedo plane you need to use to unlock that bomber, i can't seem to do anything with it, what did you guys use it for? it's crap at everything.

currently using hurricane mk1 and mk2, spitfire, two bombers in the third line of research tree.

Soldato
i seem to be the only one who knows what im doing in my teams most of the time in terms of destroying bases or targets.

i mean nobody bothers taking the AA out first, which is basically the biggest threats to planes.

i really hate that stupid torpedo plane you need to use to unlock that bomber, i can't seem to do anything with it, what did you guys use it for? it's crap at everything.

currently using hurricane mk1 and mk2, spitfire, two bombers in the third line of research tree.

I didn't have to use the torpedo plane fully, I'd only researched 3 or 4 of it's upgrades. I had progressed to Tier 2 on every other plane though so not sure if that made a difference.

Disagree with AA being a threat, I've been killed by it twice in my many hours of playing. Both of them in that stupid Beaufort bomber where the tail falls off it someone looks at it the wrong way. But do agree with people being muppets and not trying to get the goals done, less of a problem now I'm being lumped in games with higher ranked folk but when playing off Tier 1 planes earlier most people were more interested in dog fighting than blowing up vehicles/bases.

Will be on tonight about 8pm, will add everyone and sort out squadron.

Last edited:
Caporegime
How the heck do you guys land a plane on the carrier? Doing the training and its impossible to tell how high you are relative to the carrier.

Still new to this so will read the thread as Im enjoying what Ive played so far, even if its the wooden tutorial - played a couple of games but died pretty quickly :(

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
OP
i had a look at the squadron thing, it costs eagles to build a squadron - omg now that is disgusting, it's quite a lot of eagles too i think it was 1500.

the tutorial is easy you literally just follow the instructions exactly how it tells you to do it and its done.

i did it for the free stuff you get for completing it and to learn how to do the different things, other than that it was mind numbingly boring.

random battles on the other hand are just simply amazing, not bothered with the campaign, is it worth doing?

Associate
I played a blinder last night, Killed about 10 planes in a row with my little Gladiator MKII, I realised I hated the Hurricane at the start but all the planes are pretty crap to begin with until you level up your crew, and my Gladiators are all leveled up, so will see how I get on NOW with my hurricane. :)

I bought 150 gold eagles last night for 85p from PSN store as I wanted to finish off the research for the Spitfire. Its pretty deadly but as I have not upgraded the crew at all yet its a bit pants flying wise and gets shot down easier at the moment.

I will be on this souly for the next few nights and will try to upgrade my SpitFire MK1 as much as possible.
It has the same amount of guns as the hurricane (8) but they are more spread out which makes it deadly.

Caporegime
OP
I played a blinder last night, Killed about 10 planes in a row with my little Gladiator MKII, I realised I hated the Hurricane at the start but all the planes are pretty crap to begin with until you level up your crew, and my Gladiators are all leveled up, so will see how I get on NOW with my hurricane. :)

I bought 150 gold eagles last night for 85p from PSN store as I wanted to finish off the research for the Spitfire. Its pretty deadly but as I have not upgraded the crew at all yet its a bit pants flying wise and gets shot down easier at the moment.

I will be on this souly for the next few nights and will try to upgrade my SpitFire MK1 as much as possible.
It has the same amount of guns as the hurricane (8) but they are more spread out which makes it deadly.

spending eagles on research is a waste, you should have spent them on upgrading the crew.

with time research gets completed automatically, and usually pretty quickly anyway, i upgrade at least one thing every battle usually.

crew upgrades are far far harder to do so i would spend eagles there.

Caporegime
Whats the best thing to upgrade on a plane, the options are lengthy and all Ive done so far is done research and not spent anything. Want a good plane first before I ues my eagles...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
spending eagles on research is a waste, you should have spent them on upgrading the crew.

with time research gets completed automatically, and usually pretty quickly anyway, i upgrade at least one thing every battle usually.

crew upgrades are far far harder to do so i would spend eagles there.

Yea I know mate, but it was taking soooooooooooo long to research the SpitFire, I had done a fair few battles and was getting top 2 place in my team most of the time but I really couldn't wait lol (and I had 1.00 in my PSN wallet anyway).

How do you get more gold eagles with out buying more?

Back
Top Bottom