War Thunder - Free PS4 WW2 Fighter Jet Game - Tips, Tricks, etc

Soldato
Recommend you still check what NAT type you're assigned, it's under Settings - Network - Connection Test.

I'll be on later tonight about 10pm for some games if anyone is up.

Caporegime
OP
Recommend you still check what NAT type you're assigned, it's under Settings - Network - Connection Test.

I'll be on later tonight about 10pm for some games if anyone is up.

It's type 2 and usually always is.

I only get issues when the wife is using instagram or some crap on her phone, somehow that really kills/bugs out the connection with all the high res images being downloaded.

My slow connection just cannot handle the HUGE number of devices connected to it;

2 x SKY+ HD boxes with wireless connectors
2 x PC's
Laptop
Tablet
5 x Smartphones
2 x Smart TV's
2 x Consoles

not all of them at once but a lot of them are usually all connected.

the only solution i can think of is changing the wifi password when i'm gaming then changing it back when i'm done. there is no way to give my ps4 priority on sky hub whereas i could easily do that with virgin media and my 3rd party asus router which i now use as a 2nd access point.

Associate
Used some of my Gold eagles to upgrade my crew and I think it put up to a higher level, I was getting taken out in nearly one or two shots in some cases, was getting my butt handed to me last night for a while and got put in to some new game modes too.

Managed to then crawl some kills back, really is a learning curve in this game, just got my Hurricane MKII last night haven't tested it out yet.

anyone want to add me to a Squad? :(

Is it any better in a squad?

Also whats the best way to get a guy off your tail, I have seen some videos but its for PC seems so damn hard to loose the guys.

Soldato
Used some of my Gold eagles to upgrade my crew and I think it put up to a higher level, I was getting taken out in nearly one or two shots in some cases, was getting my butt handed to me last night for a while and got put in to some new game modes too.

Managed to then crawl some kills back, really is a learning curve in this game, just got my Hurricane MKII last night haven't tested it out yet.

anyone want to add me to a Squad? :(

Is it any better in a squad?

Also whats the best way to get a guy off your tail, I have seen some videos but its for PC seems so damn hard to loose the guys.

How quickly you can be taken out depends on what plane is shooting you and where it hits you. If coming head on or from above it's not uncommon for your pilot to be taken out if he gets hit, you can reduce the chances of this by increasing his vitality. Also, if a Typhoon with 16 MGs is shooting you then obviously you'll go down quicker than a biplane with 2 MGs shooting you!

There's a difference between a Squad and a Squadron. A squad is just a party, which only lasts for a game. A Squadron is like a clan, and requires someone to buy a Squadron with gold eagles.

We've only just started messing about with Squads. Myself, Murray and PsychoSonny were playing last night with voice chat through PSN Party and then squadded up in game which means you all go into a game in the same team.

Some good tips in here for maneuvers
They all boil down to the same thing, getting yourself away or above the enemy chasing you. The Immelman will get you up above and hopefully in better position to turn the tables on your attacker. Sometimes it will depend on what plane your in, a bomber has less chance of getting away from a fighter but you can also climb easier than a fighter so if you can get up high quickly whereas his speed will drop quicker when he tries to follow you can sometimes work.

Caporegime
OP
I find if he's right behind you I turn my engine off and turn rapidly or fly straight upwards. This will basically make you stop and he should fly right past you. Now your behind him you can take him out.

If I'm in a bomber I just fly constantly turning moving up and down and not in the same direction for longer than a second or two.

This way my gunners usually take them out as they fail to hit me.

I really need to upgrade reload speeds though I think it takes my gunner like 2 minutes to reload oh yeah and vitality is essential for gunners mine is usually unconscious half the time which makes turrets useless

Soldato
I'll be up for for a squad game tonight. Will be on from 7ish. I bought the advanced typhoon pack last night and my god does that typhoons cannons kick out some damage!!!

Associate
I find if he's right behind you I turn my engine off and turn rapidly or fly straight upwards. This will basically make you stop and he should fly right past you. Now your behind him you can take him out.

I have found that to work best for me, trying to out run or manouver them was not happening. But sometimes it results in a crash as Im not used to it yet lol, will keep at it though.

I really need to upgrade reload speeds though I think it takes my gunner like 2 minutes to reload oh yeah and vitality is essential for gunners mine is usually unconscious half the time which makes turrets useless

I have been doing this for a short while and it has been a god send especially when I have locked on to a guy, dose not take long for the reload and I can then attack again very quickly

Soldato
Been playing this recently, have 2 gripes i cant seem to shoot down other planes even when shooting at the leading square seems not even hitting and then at times the camera goes wonky and i end up crashing as i cant see the ground as it just shows the undercarriage of the plane, have noticed u can auto turn the plane when targetting something and it behind u by pressing L2

Soldato
Anyone coming on for a game, make sure you've added everyone's PSN to your contact list in the game menu. You can add players on your friend list but also search for and add folk not on your friend list. Lets you see who is online in War Thunder and sort out squadding up.

Soldato
Been playing this recently, have 2 gripes i cant seem to shoot down other planes even when shooting at the leading square seems not even hitting and then at times the camera goes wonky and i end up crashing as i cant see the ground as it just shows the undercarriage of the plane, have noticed u can auto turn the plane when targetting something and it behind u by pressing L2

Are you lining up the target lead with the circle or the target crosshair? The circle is directional for your planes movement i.e. where you want to go and the crosshair is the weapons targetting. The 2 will only line up when the plane has stopped turning and you're flying straight. There is no issue with hit registration that I've noticed.

Camera is controlled by right thumbstick, along with your throttle and flap/rotation. It's easy to mess up the camera if you're not paying attention.

Oh and also someone was complaining earlier in the thread about not being able to free look when in cockpit/3rd person. Press and hold down on D pad then right thumb stick will freelook. Very useful for checking your surroundings.

Associate
Anyone coming on for a game, make sure you've added everyone's PSN to your contact list in the game menu. You can add players on your friend list but also search for and add folk not on your friend list. Lets you see who is online in War Thunder and sort out squadding up.

Ok so I just add you guys to my Friends list then cool, will do that tonight :)

Actually I think I can do that through the PSN app??? I think lol

Associate
PsychoSonny and Muray97

Cheers bud will add them now

I've added you lads ready for a jolly good rip tonight. I'll keep an eye on here for when people are playing.

Will be the first time of using my PS4 headset :O

Same I hope its not pants, infact it might be as the earpiece is huge and might not fit in my tiny ears lol :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom