War Thunder - Free PS4 WW2 Fighter Jet Game - Tips, Tricks, etc

Soldato
Good game tonight windle and deathjumps. I might even have managed to screenshot the coragious moment when deathjumps sacrificed himself and his smokey spitfire in a banzai charge on a cargo ship.

Classic :cool:

Soldato
Good game tonight windle and deathjumps. I might even have managed to screenshot the coragious moment when deathjumps sacrificed himself and his smokey spitfire in a banzai charge on a cargo ship.

You bailed at the right time, me and deathjumps ran into a squadron on the next couple of games. Got our rear ends handed to us in the last game there :(

But gg, worked better than the squad last night but then we didn't have Murray crashing into us..

Caporegime
OP
Lol

Wtf was that???

Murray: I may have crashed into you there.

No **** Sherlock I'm on fire and going down lol.

I get battlefield 4 tomorrow so I will be on that for a while. Possibly get a big game on Saturday if you guys are all free at the weekend.

Caporegime
OP
The touchpad took me five minutes of prodding to figure out how to join a squad. You don't actually push it in just tap it like a feather hitting the ground.

I was mashing it like mad wondering why it wasn't working even double clicking thinking it was ported directly from pc

Soldato
Squad definitely worked better last night, when me/PsychoSonny and Murray played we were trying to stick together all the time which didn't work very well. Particularly with kamikaze Murray on your wing..

Playing with hardkore and deathjumps last night, we kinda did our own thing but called out targets to team up on if we were in the same area and asking for help when we had folk on our tail. Occasionally teaming up for bombing runs as well to take out bases. Worked pretty well although I did crash into hardkore once but it was a fluke as I didn't know he was there and just happened to turn across his path :/

Caporegime
OP
I edited OP with below PSN ID's

PsychoSonny
Rhodri2311
Windle
Deathjumps
Muray97
Brown_Pants
GeminiTiger77
Worzel_Dubbage
kennyuk77
CrapFarm

if yours isn't on the list please post it up and I'll add it to OP, couldn't see any more than them throughout the thread.

quite a lot of you guys so hopefully get a big squad going into some games to thrash the opposition.

Soldato
I edited OP with below PSN ID's

PsychoSonny
Rhodri2311
Windle
Deathjumps
Muray97
Brown_Pants
GeminiTiger77
Worzel_Dubbage
kennyuk77
CrapFarm

if yours isn't on the list please post it up and I'll add it to OP, couldn't see any more than them throughout the thread.

quite a lot of you guys so hopefully get a big squad going into some games to thrash the opposition.

Ya, if all of us on party chat on this game at once, we could co-ordinate and play it better. /ubergeek.

Caporegime
OP
Ya, if all of us on party chat on this game at once, we could co-ordinate and play it better. /ubergeek.

sadly it doesn't quite work, we tried that and it was a shambles.

your better off all just jumping into bombers and heading for their base and bombing it together.

10 people bombing their base = dead in 1 strike i imagine.

when we tried flying in formation, and protecting the bomber with fighter planes, we ended up just crashing into each other or doing nothing for a lot of the time and not being much use anyway when the bomber got attacked.

then when we jumped into fighter jets we moved into a certain area of the map and just randomly attacked targets in that area, it seemed to work a lot better, as we could help each other out if need be, but usually we did end up wiping them out because there was more of us in that area patrolling it.

Soldato
sadly it doesn't quite work, we tried that and it was a shambles.

your better off all just jumping into bombers and heading for their base and bombing it together.

10 people bombing their base = dead in 1 strike i imagine.

when we tried flying in formation, and protecting the bomber with fighter planes, we ended up just crashing into each other or doing nothing for a lot of the time and not being much use anyway when the bomber got attacked.

then when we jumped into fighter jets we moved into a certain area of the map and just randomly attacked targets in that area, it seemed to work a lot better, as we could help each other out if need be, but usually we did end up wiping them out because there was more of us in that area patrolling it.

Indeed, we were working on that last part last night and it was pretty effective. Knowing someone has your back and you're not just relying on randoms seeing you've got an enemy on your six makes a big difference. Both hardkore and deathjumps saved my *** a couple of times last night.

Although hardkore did let me burn slowly and painfully to my death with 3 bogies on my tail :p

Associate

LMAO, yea I didn't actually think I would have taken it out 'BANZAIIIIII!!!!!!' :p

You bailed at the right time, me and deathjumps ran into a squadron on the next couple of games. Got our rear ends handed to us in the last game there :(

But gg, worked better than the squad last night but then we didn't have Murray crashing into us..

GG's lads, yea that last few rounds was hectic especially against them German "Pros". It was actually more fun in a squad, I do need a faster plane though as you guys were basically streaming ahead, but I seemed to have a bit of a cack night in regards to taking planes out, was hitting a lot but killed very few (killed 7 in a row in my last game before that) :(

Also Im not getting this loss of power thingy, I seem to loose power at different times and not sure when to get it back I know you gain power diving.......just need more practice.

(slaming on the breaks when a guys shooting and taking him out ALA TopGun style dose work sometimes though) :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Add me please to the op list , I will be up for some of this over the weekend

done.

wow the official playstation app is just a breath of fresh air, such a nice little touch, i can now add people without booting up the console or having to use a controller to type letters in one by one.

i can add people in a few seconds now rather than taking minutes like it did before on ps3.

Back
Top Bottom