Warframe... Anyone on here play?

Associate
I remember when one of the Devs talked about moving away from "content islands" and using the railjack to bring all the content together for seemless gameplay during one of the tenno live events but they seem to have abandoned the railjack for now which is a shame as I enjoyed it and it had huge potential.

Associate
I haven't played this for years, but have over 1000 hours in it. I should reinstall it but it was a lot of grinding i did enjoy it more than destiny though.
Yeah, grinding is the name of the game as it is a timesink and if you value your time, then I'd avoid it as there are more than plenty of games to play.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I literally sunk thousands of hours in this game and have played up until the Duvuri Paradox update but I haven't been too keen on the direction they have taken the game.

They have moved away from playing the actual Warframes and have focused too much on the Operators/Drifters and adding mini content islands instead of focusing on the base gameplay and bug fixes.

Cross-save is a welcome addition but beyond that, there isn't anything much on the horizon that interest me.

Weren't they planning on expanding the Origin system and adding new worlds?
Pretty much same as me but i bailed in the middle of new war. Intent was to get mr30 then call it a day, but could not be bothered after mr29 with all the kuva lich snooze.

Associate
Pretty much same as me but i bailed in the middle of new war. Intent was to get mr30 then call it a day, but could not be bothered after mr29 with all the kuva lich snooze.
You bailed at the right time. Grinding kuva weapons was a painfully long and tideous process which I never enjoyed.

The new war was worth playing but sadly never lived up to expectations.

What made Warframes great for me was the actual Warframes and the weapons. DE so continuse to bring out exciting new weapons but have moved away from focusing on the Warframes and more towards the operator/drifter and adding more content islands.

Associate
Just started with this....a bit late to the party!

I stumbled across a dev stream from them around the time the Divuri Paradox was being released and that piqued my interest. Then saw the Whispers in The Wall dev steam and loved the art style. I watched a few beginner's videos and decided to give it a go and must say I am absolutely loving it. There's an overwhelming amount of stuff to do, but I am just concentrating on working through the star chart. I think I might be a bit hooked now though.

Associate
Just started with this....a bit late to the party!

I stumbled across a dev stream from them around the time the Divuri Paradox was being released and that piqued my interest. Then saw the Whispers in The Wall dev steam and loved the art style. I watched a few beginner's videos and decided to give it a go and must say I am absolutely loving it. There's an overwhelming amount of stuff to do, but I am just concentrating on working through the star chart. I think I might be a bit hooked now though.
I'm not a founder but I have been playing this from the start and it is probably one of the best F2P games I have played and I still play it to this day.

There are no F2P games out there that has the sheer amount of weapon variety this game has and the combat and movement feels great. Did I also mention the fantastic artwork/music and an amazing game engine they have with so much going on without a single hitch?

Since getting the Quest 2, I have been immersed in VR lately and I am keeping an eye out for todays major update along with the long awaited cross-save feature everyone has been asking for :).

Associate
Yes, I don't even think I can play WitW yet anyway because I haven't done the prerequisite quest line, but I know I will get there soon enough.

I got a new warframe in that game award Twitch give away and have been using that lately. It is amazing how differently it plays using that compared to the first warframe....and there's over 50 of those to unlock!

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, I don't even think I can play WitW yet anyway because I haven't done the prerequisite quest line, but I know I will get there soon enough.

I got a new warframe in that game award Twitch give away and have been using that lately. It is amazing how differently it plays using that compared to the first warframe....and there's over 50 of those to unlock!

If they stick with what they announced last month you'll be able to buy a 'skip' that lets you get access to WitW but I'd advise against it as some of the proper storyline quests are really good and if you don't know much you'll be in for a emotional ride :)

Associate
I am looking forward to getting more into the story. From what I have heard it gets going around Uranus? Is that right. I have done Earth, Mars, Venus and have just got to Deimos amd so far there hasn't been much, just a bit of world building and meeting some characters.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am looking forward to getting more into the story. From what I have heard it gets going around Uranus? Is that right. I have done Earth, Mars, Venus and have just got to Deimos amd so far there hasn't been much, just a bit of world building and meeting some characters.

Work your way through this:

The Second Dream is one of their best quests

Associate

Just take your time and theres probably years worth of content to sink your teeth into lol.

You are going to need a lot of resources from different planets/open worlds in order to build your weapons and warframes and I'd strongly suggest as you are starting out to get a resource booster to help lessen the grind.

You are going to need platinum in order to increase your warframe/weapon slots so at some point you are either going need to purchase it or earn it selling items to other players for plat and it is the easiest trading system I have come across.

I you need any help, just in chat or on this thread.

Associate
I'm not sure if can avoid the main spoilers at this point but the main story progression is one of the great things about this game and it is probably 10+ hrs alone.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Update available.

Nice that they are revamping the QOL for story progress for those that need it. Just need them to address the absolute farce that is lich/parvos farming and I'll be happy.

Associate
Just got back into this a week or so back, only had a year or 2 out, but theres been so much stuff added it took me a while to get back into it, just chasing the new incarnon weapons atm, could do with getting rid of some old ones, anyone have an up to date tier list so I can see which I should sell? Got some plat atm, but theres so many new weapons or incarnon versions, that I could blow it all just making space for them, & need to add a few frame slots too.

Back
Top Bottom