Warhammer 40,000: SPACE MARINE 2

I played through the entire game on launch night single player without many issues.

The bots are not really usable in single player on the hardest difficulty settings. had to do it on veteran. But have been playing it on hardest co-op and its great fun.

Compared to so many releases recently im finding this one far more complete and less buggy than most.

have had a few bugs such as weapon loadouts resetting. Items not being able to interact with and as someone else said the mission where they swarm the chains is a huge pain as the enemy seems to be able to ignore cover and terrain. this took us many, many attempts to do on hardest setting in co-op.

overall really impressed and enjoying the game. The single player was short ish but great continuation of the story and as a warhammer fan and a fan of the first game i really enjoyed it.

At what point should you look at Operations, I'm only a couple of hours tops in to the campaign and it's already suggesting Operations, but then if you select Operations it's saying they may contain spoilers and to leave them until after completing the campaign?

So is this primarily a multiplayer game? Is that where the bulk of it is?
Yes, at its core this is really a co-op game like Vermintide or Darktide. It just happens to have a short campaign tacked on the front of it. It doesn't represent good value for someone who primarily plays single player.

Finished it last night - around 8.5 hours to get through the campaign on the default difficulty. And it's... alright. The combat system's ok, but not that deep. There's a serious lack of enemy variety, which means things get really quite samey. The guns all feel weedy, likely to push players to do more melee combat.

Visually, it does the minimum necessary, but no more. There are a few good bits of visual design, but the tech is underwhelming. The complete lack of raytracing feels odd in a 2024 action game and the lighting looks quite flat and bland throughout.

It's not a terrible game, but my honest advice would be to pick it up later in a sale.

I was already waiting a few weeks at least much as I don't want to. Given the delay already getting the base game to scratch I figured there would either be some hefty early patches or potentially a bit of a limit on content available, as they had to push things back to get it across the line.

CDKeys price for it was reasonable but I'd still prefer to wait a few weeks at least.

Different developer but the campaign for the original wasn't thaaat long either.

Wouldn't surprise me if Raytracing comes later on, along with additional content etc.

Last edited:
Yes, at its core this is really a co-op game like Vermintide or Darktide. It just happens to have a short campaign tacked on the front of it. It doesn't represent good value for someone who primarily plays single player.
I agree with this, it is fundamentally a co-op game. Theres no more point to playing it solo than there is playing something like Vermintide, Left4Dead or Deep Rock Galactic solo.

Finished the campaign earlier, better paced than sm1 and visually it's impressive all the way through, story was decent but was left wanting more, there's a few ways they hint the story could've gone but it doesn't unfortunately. Had to finish it on my own as the servers are very hit and miss for coop atm, getting stuck on loading screens or not being able to join at all.

Operations and pvp servers seem to be fine and operations at low level feel harder than the campaign.

Visuals are poor imo, no idea how people think this is a good looking game. Raster effects look dated, textures are blurry/smudgy (even with "native" 4k), the art direction and level design etc. is good though. Gameplay is basically just gears of war really.

Not sure what you looking at tbh. I haven't seen any smudgy textures in it. The lighting is a little flat but otherwise pretty visually solid.

Nothing wrong with the lighting, it looks fine even if not RT/PT level quality.

I googled to see if there was anything wrong and there are a ton of people saying the same:

It just looks low res. despite playing on a 4k qd oled display.....

Using RTX hdr improves the visuals dramatically.

Back
Top Bottom