Warhammer 40,000: SPACE MARINE 2

Anyone know when they are bringing out ultrawide support? I heard it was on the road map for this month, but haven't heard anything else.

Anyone know when they are bringing out ultrawide support? I heard it was on the road map for this month, but haven't heard anything else.

Can't play it on my Alienware Oled. A square gaming area in the middle of my screen which includes videos, and a crap FOV.

This is 2024 ffs :mad:

Aren’t you playing Star Wars right now?

Female character, we've all seen the evidence. Look at this RTX! (conveniently angled camera behind showing 'female' lower half).
Also he's one of three people in the UK who have UW for gaming and so can't play it properly :p

Edit: I stand corrected, Steam HW for Aug 2024 shows: A +0.10% increase to 2.29% overall. 3.5 people.

Last edited:
Spent an hour playing this last night and honestly pleased I upgraded to a 7800X3D - the CPU is getting hammered! Playing in Ultra native at 1440P on 7900XT and it does really well.

Looks decent, some muddy textures in places so I hope that a high res texture pack might be released for those of us with the VRAM to cope. Combat seems a bit janky but I'm mainly used to FPS games so it will probably take some getting used to.

I thought, however, that this was being released as one of AMD's fanfare FSR3 games, but unless I'm mistaken I can only seen FSR 2.0 options? Am I being daft?

Last edited:
Female character, we've all seen the evidence. Look at this RTX! (conveniently angled camera behind showing 'female' lower half).
Also he's one of three people in the UK who have UW for gaming and so can't play it properly :p

Edit: I stand corrected, Steam HW for Aug 2024 shows: A +0.10% increase to 2.29% overall. 3.5 people.

I'm on UW too thank you very much!

Although it's not the end of the world, played a good few hours last night and didn't really notice the lack of UW after a bit, was mainly just trying to survive :cry:

Did the first mission where you have to defend the antennas in co-op with two friends last night, on veteran, took us about five attempts, the game isn't messing around!

Do wish the ranged weapons felt a bit more powerful, and there was less reliance on executions to get your shield back though.

I'm on UW too thank you very much!

Although it's not the end of the world, played a good few hours last night and didn't really notice the lack of UW after a bit, was mainly just trying to survive :cry:

Did the first mission where you have to defend the antennas in co-op with two friends last night, on veteran, took us about five attempts, the game isn't messing around!

Do wish the ranged weapons felt a bit more powerful, and there was less reliance on executions to get your shield back though.

Ah yes you're the .5

The classic Warhammer disconnect on bolters. Bolters are immensely powerful (apparently) and yet in every game they are the base/weak weapons. In stories though (I've read none but seen lots of extracts) one shell can kill most stuff. It's always the case though that anything can be whatever it needs to be to suit the narrative due to how fragmented the whole setting is. Only consistent thing is Ultramarines are boring AF.

Last edited:
Ah yes you're the .5

The classic Warhammer disconnect on bolters. Bolters are immensely powerful (apparently) and yet in every game they are the base/weak weapons. In stories though (I've read none but seen lots of extracts) one shell can kill most stuff. It's always the case though that anything can be whatever it needs to be to suit the narrative due to how fragmented the whole setting is. Only consistent thing is Ultramarines are boring AF.

Love my ultrawide OLED! :p

Yeah my understanding of Bolters are that they're great hulking things that are firing basically missiles that can rip through almost anything.

Picked up the heavy auto bolter last night and felt like a firing a nerf gun into a swarm of nids :cry:

Enjoying it so far, though it does feel a bit rough in spots. It feels like melee either goes really well or really poorly without you having much of a say, sometimes you wade into a group and smash everything about, catch a couple of parries and come out unscathed feeling powerful. Others you wade in and see your health bar just disintegrate in a second, even when you have your ability popped. I feel like spam rolling has worked better for me rather than trying to parry most things, I'm still not finding the feeling on what kind of leniency there is to timing or orientation you need.

I don't get why executions don't replenish health either, seems like that's a bit of an odd decision to me.

Operations look like they could be decent fun when there's a lot more variety as the skill/weapon trees look fun and the customisation is nice. Hopefully they don't slack around and keep adding to it sooner rather than later. The restriction on classes is a bit annoying as well, that needs to go straight away.

Ah yes you're the .5

Couldnt be further from correct, apply context and Bolters are immensely powerful when compared against las rifles, or shot against unarmoured humans. However when shot against power armoured foe or biodeveloped xenos with chitinous armour their relative power is less.

This is covered in great detail in many novels.

Enjoying it so far, though it does feel a bit rough in spots. It feels like melee either goes really well or really poorly without you having much of a say, sometimes you wade into a group and smash everything about, catch a couple of parries and come out unscathed feeling powerful. Others you wade in and see your health bar just disintegrate in a second, even when you have your ability popped.

Gotta say, I've been feeling that too, sometimes I'm a walking god of destruction, other times I'm getting mauled to death by puppies.

Back
Top Bottom