Warhammer 40,000: SPACE MARINE 2

Played a few hours so far, enjoying it but it's rough going with the bots. I'd heard they were poor but I didn't expect this bad, they've made some defend missions real nailbiters. Combats taking a bit of time to get used to the timing but things are starting to flow together. The parry system doesn't seem well explained, It's not when the blue appears, that only works for low level enemies, you do still need to time it to the animations. And I don't remember them ever explaining what a perfect parry is.

Also agree it feels a bit off not getting a bit of hp back after executes on large enemies.

Spent an hour playing this last night and honestly pleased I upgraded to a 7800X3D - the CPU is getting hammered! Playing in Ultra native at 1440P on 7900XT and it does really well.

Looks decent, some muddy textures in places so I hope that a high res texture pack might be released for those of us with the VRAM to cope. Combat seems a bit janky but I'm mainly used to FPS games so it will probably take some getting used to.

I thought, however, that this was being released as one of AMD's fanfare FSR3 games, but unless I'm mistaken I can only seen FSR 2.0 options? Am I being daft?
What fps are you getting? I have same cpu but with a 3080 at same resolution and settings and only swapped to nvidia a few weeks so was wondering. Also I am not seeing any muddy textures so that might be a FSR thing.

Couldnt be further from correct, apply context and Bolters are immensely powerful when compared against las rifles, or shot against unarmoured humans. However when shot against power armoured foe or biodeveloped xenos with chitinous armour their relative power is less.

This is covered in great detail in many novels.

Ok so they're good in the novels, not video games or the tabletop game. Awesome.

They are not immensely powerful compared to a Lasrifle (or a lasgun) in the TTG, I'm looking at the stats now. Anyway, off topic, we have a Warhammer thread.

This is the AMD promotion to get Space marine / Unknown 9 codes free

A laptop that contains both AMD Ryzen™ processor and AMD Radeon™ RX Series graphics card from the list below:Warhammer 40,000™: Space Marine 2™Unknown 9: Awakening™
AMD Ryzen™ 9 7940HS
AMD Ryzen™ 7 7840HS
AMD Ryzen™ 7 7735HS
AMD Ryzen™ 7 7435HS
+AMD Radeon™ RX 7700S
AMD Radeon™ RX 7600S

Finished the campaign which wasnt my main interest but it is very good apart from elevator simulator at every opportunity.
I jumped into an hour of pvp there now and its a lot of fun which i didnt expect at all.
I will get stuck into my main interest operations and its progression soon.

What fps are you getting? I have same cpu but with a 3080 at same resolution and settings and only swapped to nvidia a few weeks so was wondering. Also I am not seeing any muddy textures so that might be a FSR thing.
About 110 fps average. I'm not using FSR, only native resolution, but I think some of the textures are quite low quality. Some of it is beautiful, but some a pretty sub-par texture quality. I only mentioned FSR because I couldn't see an FSR 3.0 option looking through the graphic options.

About 110 fps average. I'm not using FSR, only native resolution, but I think some of the textures are quite low quality. Some of it is beautiful, but some a pretty sub-par texture quality. I only mentioned FSR because I couldn't see an FSR 3.0 option looking through the graphic options.
There isn't one for FSR3 which is strange for an AMD sponsored game.

Finally got a chance to play yesterday. So far pretty fun, still doesn’t feel like I’ve connected with the mechanics.

The other thing I noticed is the game looks soft. I’m using Native and TAA, so no scaling.

What's the experience like with ultra wide screens? I heard there is no official support for UW yet. Do you see black bars?
Got a AW3423DWF.

Yeh, black bars, looks awful on UW.

There is a mod that patches the exe, so probably not wise to use it in MP.

In SP however, it transforms the game visually, as you'd expect.

The devs are working on introducing it, when is anybodies guess.

Hot fix deployed, looks like another couple of weeks for you Ultrawide folks:

Patch Notes

Crashes and bug fixes

• Fixed some rare possible crashes when starting the game
  • Fixed a rare possible crash that occured during the first cutscene
  • Fixed several other rare crashes
  • Fixed several rare bugs that were causing soft locks in the story mode

PC Only

• Optimized CPU behavior on high end CPUs

On top of that first quick fix, we're preparing a bigger patch for later in September. This patch will bring, among other things:
  • Ultrawide support
  • Private PvE lobbies
  • Sparring Arena in the Battle Barge
And more!

Thank you for your support.

The Emperor Protects.

Back
Top Bottom