Warhammer 40,000: SPACE MARINE 2

Hoping to finish the campaign tonight. I’ve been gripped from start to finish. What an absolute triumph. No BS, no DEI messaging, no nonesense - just good honest fun. Sony could learn a lot.
Ratchet & Clank was great, to be fair.
I want this, but I was kind of hoping it would come out on game pass, I'm a bit cheap to pay £40 for it. I also heard a lot of the fun is the co-op, which means my bro & nephew buying it too.
It does look really good though.

Last edited:
So is this as fun as Darktide?
Tough to say ; they are very similar. Really will come down to how much you like WH40K, and if there is a specific element you have a preference for eg. Space Marines. Even then, just be aware the combat in SM2 is quite shallow / clunky and very repetitive. Also, like Darktide at launch, there is little content to keep you entertained for long.

Last edited:
Has anyone had any luck with AMD Fluid Motion Frames? I’m running it at 1440p and have put the dynamic res to target 60fps. I tried FMF frames yesterday and it seemed to look choppier to my eyes and the framerate readout looked like it was engaging and disengaging FMF repeatedly.

Finished all the operations last night to see the 'other' side of the campaign, servers seem to be keeping up with demand now and drop in / drop out MM is working.

Going to stick with it and level up some classes, really hope they announce they are working on a horde mode soon, the setting and tech is there, such a shame it didn't have it at launch.

Hmm.. game is fun, but the Operations need work.

Just going through the campaign and had to spend 30-40 minutes trying to get into an operation to progress. Disconnects, kicked from squads, crashes, and so many games where it complained there there were more than 1 of the same class. I ended up having to go heavy just to get in a game as everyone else seemed to not be heavy. That seems a stupid match making decision they made.

Hmm.. game is fun, but the Operations need work.

Just going through the campaign and had to spend 30-40 minutes trying to get into an operation to progress. Disconnects, kicked from squads, crashes, and so many games where it complained there there were more than 1 of the same class. I ended up having to go heavy just to get in a game as everyone else seemed to not be heavy. That seems a stupid match making decision they made.

If you didn't know you can skip the operations and just continue with the campaign, you can run them in any order after you've unlocked them.

Tough to say ; they are very similar. Really will come down to how much you like WH40K, and if there is a specific element you have a preference for eg. Space Marines. Even then, just be aware the combat in SM2 is quite shallow / clunky and very repetitive. Also, like Darktide at launch, there is little content to keep you entertained for long.
This is the issue I had with Vermintide 2, after the initial excitement passes, there's not much to keep pulling you back in..

Thanks for the reply I might wait for sale, play some more Darktide in the mean time. I haven't played it much since it received the major updates.

Completed the campaign and played a bit of pvp. Campaign was fun but the friendly bots were not. PvP was surprisingly fun but playing with randoms wasn't the best, a lot of team mates wanting to just run straight towards the enemy and never flank.

I'm still undecided on the combat overall. It's grown on me and I'm slowly getting the hang of the timings but often still find I just suddenly die, with no real idea why it happened so fast. It's also slower than I want it to be I think or at least movement is. It reminds me of soul like games where you really need to be on point with all your actions. Being third person I'm already running sideways and corner peaking, which I'm not a fan of. Did see a twitter post from the Devs passing along the feature of swapping camera sides, right to left which would massively help. Another one of the little things that seem to have been missed or skipped in the game.

Back
Top Bottom