Warhammer 40k book recommendations

I got Deliverance Lost delivered a few days ago, I'm now 168 pages in and really enjoying it.

I'm going to try and get hold of Prometheun Sun if I can find it at a price which isn't stupid.

Plunk13 read on....

for the rest:

*****POSSIBLE SPOILERS********

It isnt essential, but it MAY help. Things that happened are described lightly.

Ravens Flight is quite enjoyable once you get past the silly voice acting :D

Gah I'm feeling overwhelmed!! They're releasing books too quickly for me to read them.

Finished Blood Reaver (brilliant) and 2 books into the Ultramarines books. Got The Blood Angels omnibus, Helsreach, Battle for The Fang, Nocturne and Deliverance Lost sitting on my desk!!

Another Collectors Edition novel coming out called Catechism of Hate its space marine battle novel. Its out on the 6th so...tomorrow:D
Ill be getting i think im really hooked on wh40k novels now:)

Finished reading Prospero Burns, if i had to give it a score i would say 6.5/10 maybe a 7/10 but thats pushing it. The book started off average really, and it was a little hard to follow whats going on. But i did enjoy some of the characters and it was quite an interesting insite to the battle on prospero rather than the thousand sons side. I did learn lots of stuff about my fav chapter the space wolves and i do think their still the best.
Anyway gonna start reading Age of Darkness tonight see how i get on.

If I was you shami, slip the blood angels omnibus to the back of the list. Get the others done first. Might just be me but I really didn't enjoy it, as a ex bloodangel collector (might be the problem?) But i found swallows plot line rubbish, writing poor and all round a bit of a let down. First crack by the bl at one of the most unique legions has been one of my only disappointments reading in the bl collection.

I'm really hoping his HH book is a improvement.

Yeah I have had it for a while and it keeps slipping behind things. Swallow isn't the best writer.

I really want to get Thorpe's Eldar books as well, I used to collect Eldar and have heard good things about the books.

It's a big let down Prospero Burns, especially by Abnett's standards and especially as the Wolves are also my favourite chapter :(

Seems like this novel is a real marmite novel.

I thought it was absolutely fantastic, one of the series highlights so far, yet I know a lot of people who thought the opposite. :)

Nearly finished Deliverance Lost, which i thought started great, but now I'm finding a little average.

Damn. Didn't want to hear that. I'm reading Deliverance Lost now. Agree with Prospero Burns, I'm one of the few that liked it.

Also finished Legion of the Damned. Good read, but not what I was expecting.

I've been considering reading a few of these Warhammer 40000 novels for a while now just never seem to find the time. I am wanting to read the Horus Heresy series of novels. Can someone tell me which order I should read these books in if any, thanks.

Deliverance Lost has turned up unexpectedly and once I finished my umpteenth re-read of Zahn's 'The Last Command', I'll set about this.

One hopes it's a significant step up from The Outcast Dead, which was rather ragged and, to be honest, quite sloppy in places.

Last edited:
Finished Age Of Darkness last night, i really enjoyed the short stories. I enjoyed the Dark Angels story with Lion and the gang. Also world eaters i really think there the best bad guys out of all the loyalist chapters.

Anyway decided to make a start on my Collectors editon books:
Promethean Sun
Aurelian

Anyway i read about 20 pages of PS and it reminded me of predator;) The books is only a 124 pages so i should finish it before the end of the week. Then ill make a start on Aurelian.

I've started Aurelian, it's quite good so far.

Has anyone read the Ultramarines books? I think Dead Sun, Black Sky is possibly the most grotesque thing I've ever read. Some of the imagery in it is worse than any horror film I've seen, I've felt a bit ill at times reading it :/

Back
Top Bottom