Warhammer 40k book recommendations

I agree with Richdog. There's more meat in the books about the Traitor legions. Much more interesting than the loyalists.

But, I have to say I cannot wait for the release of Fear to Tread. I'm hoping it'll be epic!

I've just seen that the long awaited follow up to Ravenor and Eisenhorn is coming out in November!!

Possibly the two greatest trilogies by Dan Abnett, Pariah will be the follow up trilogy that see's Ravenor against his former mentor Eisenhorn.

**** Yes :D

Just started on the Ultramarines omnibus after finishing all the current Horus Heresy ones.... writing seems ok so far... in fact this will be the first set of books i've read that are actually set in the current time of the 41st milennium.

God bless my Sony PRS-T1 and it's open EPUB goodness. ;)

Ultramarines was good (although it's a lot of books, felt like it went on for a bit at times) It is horrifically graphic at times though, first book that actually made me feel a little ill reading it.

How far are you in? Let me know when you reach Dead Sky, Black Sun. :p

Ahh that's the chaos world one isn't it, can't wait for that one. :D

Either way, i'm pretty much inured to violence and gore now, after having read enough books in my life, and watched movies (ranging from gory to extremeomg) for around 15 years now.:p

I've just seen that the long awaited follow up to Ravenor and Eisenhorn is coming out in November!!

Possibly the two greatest trilogies by Dan Abnett, Pariah will be the follow up trilogy that see's Ravenor against his former mentor Eisenhorn.

**** Yes :D

:eek::eek:

I loved these books! Them two squaring up :eek:

Will be reading!!!!

I just can't wait. They're so different to every other 40k book and they really show a part of the world we haven't seen anywhere else, the life of normal citizens in the Imperium. It would make a brilliant film or game!

I just can't wait. They're so different to every other 40k book and they really show a part of the world we haven't seen anywhere else, the life of normal citizens in the Imperium. It would make a brilliant film or game!

It's been a while since I read Eisen but

I thought he didn't turn so much as went rogue to make it easier to get done what needed done or am I mistaken? It had been a while :p be interesting the full reasoning behind the confrontation and if Eisen has turned or is merely not following the official line

Yeah he went a bit rogue at times, but his brief appearences in Ravenor showed he had lost his way a bit. Abnett won't make it as simple as good and evil so it should be good to read :)

Yeah he went a bit rogue at times, but his brief appearences in Ravenor showed he had lost his way a bit. Abnett won't make it as simple as good and evil so it should be good to read :)

I couldn't even remember Rav/Eisen meeting in the Rav series it has been so long. I'll give them a re-read I just hope Abnett keeps up the high standard these books were at, bit sick of Abnett in general and his 1 against a million storylines.

I'm three quarters of the way through 'The Primarchs' just finished teh Lion story. Oh my! What a nutter! Looking forward to what happens next.

I can't believe he killed Nemiel just like that! He was one of the main characters in the dark angels books wasn't he?

Looking forward to the next one about the blood angels. I can't believe they've not touched on them at all until now. Does anyone know the release date? Amazon just says september

Fear to Tread has been out in electronic format for over a week now, but I don't know when the physical book version is released.

Epic read though!

Fear to Tread has been out in electronic format for over a week now, but I don't know when the physical book version is released.

Epic read though!

Should hopefully be out early September then, very looking forward to it.

I do wonder how long this series will go on for until the we have the final showdown. I'm guessing a good few years yet :(

Just finished the Eisenhorn Omnibus... wow what a read. Probably one of the best-written books I have ever read in my life, and kicks the **** out of the vast majority of the Horus Heresy books.

About to start the Ravener series... looking forward to it. :)

I read so many of these when I was younger and into the hobby. So much trash but some of the compilations of shorts from Inferno were pretty good, Deathwing for one. Pawns of Chaos was a rather different novel as I recall, and I think Eye of Terror was another I liked.

I made more than I'd ever spent when I went up the loft and sold my GW stuff off a few years back. So many OOP figures, books and mags.

Back
Top Bottom