Warhammer Darktide Reveal

Having not played their other ganes but playing this. A few questions:

Is there loot or is everything purchased at a vendor?
Is there an order to do missions or just do what you feel like ie no story as such
When you get a new weapon or whatever can you sell the old ones or just discard them?
Do the classes get stats which increase with levels etc?

Having not played their other ganes but playing this. A few questions:

Is there loot or is everything purchased at a vendor?
Is there an order to do missions or just do what you feel like ie no story as such
When you get a new weapon or whatever can you sell the old ones or just discard them?
Do the classes get stats which increase with levels etc?

You get rewards on completion of a mission, I've not ventured into the higher difficulties yet, but presumably higher difficulty>greater item rewards. New gear/weapons are unlocked as you level up, they appear in the vendors to get them quicker once you're at the right level. Once you hit level 11 there is a vendor that sells higher quality weapons for a specific currency which is obtained by completing daily/weekly objectives. I presume there will be crafting in there at some stage as there were materials in the previous beta and it was a feature in the previous games.

No order to missions, it looks like story cutscenes are gated behind hitting character levels so far.

The discard button is poorly labelled, you actually get gold for doing so!

You get a new perk choice every 5 levels which changes the build slightly, Curios (unlocked at level 8, 16, 24) are item slots that seem to add some stat bonuses. I've only had simple +10% HP/Toughness so far, but I assume these bonuses get better or more varied with higher level items. The higher quality weapons also grant some bonuses as well.

There is loot but not really. As far as I can tell it's now random if you get a item reward from a mission. It's very rare though. You get lots of creds to buy normal gear from the shop and as Parky said, checking back every few levels is fine at the lower end. Your teammates will have a FAR greater impact on how well a missions goes.

Missions are standalone, randomised and refresh regularly. You can select which one you want to do, at which difficulty. Each one has a wee bit of story and there's an overall story. For me atm, it's run to mission board, see which one has side objectives or sounds good at level 2 difficulty. Which is what I'm running currently. I could do lev3 but my gear isn't really there yet. If I was running with people on voice I'd be on 3s.

Can sell old weapons, you get some creds back for them. Or keep them, so you can have the trash clearing weapons or the elite mob weapons. Switch to what's needed depending on team comp.

No stats, they get skills and buffs. One major ability which is class dependant and then a buff choice out of 3 at every 5 levels up to 40. I think, I'd need to check.

I presume there will be crafting in there at some stage as there were materials in the previous beta and it was a feature in the previous games.

I think crafting will be a thing, there's an NPC already in game (or a space of him atm) that Really looked like that. There's also a barber for changing your appearance.

You get rewards on completion of a mission, I've not ventured into the higher difficulties yet, but presumably higher difficulty>greater item rewards. New gear/weapons are unlocked as you level up, they appear in the vendors to get them quicker once you're at the right level. Once you hit level 11 there is a vendor that sells higher quality weapons for a specific currency which is obtained by completing daily/weekly objectives. I presume there will be crafting in there at some stage as there were materials in the previous beta and it was a feature in the previous games.

No order to missions, it looks like story cutscenes are gated behind hitting character levels so far.

The discard button is poorly labelled, you actually get gold for doing so!

You get a new perk choice every 5 levels which changes the build slightly, Curios (unlocked at level 8, 16, 24) are item slots that seem to add some stat bonuses. I've only had simple +10% HP/Toughness so far, but I assume these bonuses get better or more varied with higher level items. The higher quality weapons also grant some bonuses as well.

Excellent, enjoying it so far, tried all 4 classes to about lvl 5, think I like the Psykinetic best but not sure.

I was tempted to do the same but I believe there's no crossplay support between PC Game Pass and Steam, unfortunately everyone I know already has it on Steam so chances are, I won't be able to play with them if I grabbed the Xbox Game Pass version.

I didn't think they were doing twitch drops but drops are live.
  • Fri, 18 Nov, 12:00 - Sat, 19 Nov, 12:00 GMT · Watch for 45 minutes and claim the reward Lasgun (Camo Skin)
  • Sat, 26 Nov, 12:00 - Sun, 27 Nov, 12:00 GMT · Watch for 30 minutes and claim the reward Sword (Camo Skin)
  • Sat, 26 Nov, 12:00 - Sun, 27 Nov, 12:00 GMT · Watch for an additional 30 minutes and claim the reward Ripper Gun (Camo Skin)
  • Fri, 2 Dec, 12:00 - Sat, 3 Dec, 12:00 GMT · Watch for 30 minutes and claim the reward Autogun (Camo Skin)
  • Fri, 2 Dec, 12:00 - Sat, 3 Dec, 12:00 GMT · Watch for an additional 30 minutes and claim the reward Lasgun (Camo Skin)
  • Fri, 2 Dec, 12:00 - Sat, 3 Dec, 12:00 GMT · Watch for an additional 30 minutes and claim the reward Sword (Camo Skin)
  • Fri, 2 Dec, 12:00 - Sat, 3 Dec, 12:00 GMT · Watch for an additional 30 minutes and claim the reward Ripper Gun (Camo Skin)
What does this mean?

On those dates watch a Twitch streamer playing Darktide (will usually have DROPS in their title) for the allotted time and you'll get a 'drop'
Seriously....?? Is this normal for PC gaming these days? I dont "do" Twitch as find the whole idea of watching other people play computer games doesn't appeal.

Seriously....?? Is this normal for PC gaming these days? I dont "do" Twitch as find the whole idea of watching other people play computer games doesn't appeal.

Yeah, it's been happening for a few years. It was mostly games with a big social media presence, but now it can be any game trying to get more eyes on it. Usually cosmetics, sometimes something a bit more useful, but never anything vital. I usually just open up a tab, mute it, and leave it running. You can find add-ons that'll automatically claim the stuff too so basically all you need to do is find a relevant streamer to bring up. For Darktide it's just some weapon cosmetics, and if it's anything like VM2 you'll be getting plenty of those anyway.

I was tempted to do the same but I believe there's no crossplay support between PC Game Pass and Steam, unfortunately everyone I know already has it on Steam so chances are, I won't be able to play with them if I grabbed the Xbox Game Pass version.
I read it as not crossplay PC/Xbox/PS5 not Gamepass/Steam but after looking you are correct talk about breaking up the player base.

The no crossplay with Gamepass on launch is confusing . I'd love to know who blocked it from happening as I don't see the Darktide side causing it.

As Cosmic says, Twitch drops for ingame items, although I thought the practice had fallen out of favour for new games. Games with larger followings on social media, GTA, LoL etc. have them regularly. There's been a few games now that received backlash on the drops and the results was they just gave everyone the items.

Not had a chance to play in the last couple days, how are people finding the new maps and things?

On those dates watch a Twitch streamer playing Darktide (will usually have DROPS in their title) for the allotted time and you'll get a 'drop'
Or do what I do, dont watch the streamer, just have the twitch app running on your phone streaming it and stick your phone to one side and play your games. Gets you all the drops without having to watch 1 minute of the streamers :)

Back
Top Bottom