Warhammer Darktide Reveal

The 1.0.7 update offers many improvements and fixes to issues identified over the past few days. In particular, there is a focus on improving the stability of the game, game rebalancing, and deepening customization. This is a summary below, with more detailed patch notes to follow in the Fatshark forums.

Stability/Bugs/Fixes
  • Fixed a significant amount of crashes - matchmaking crashes both on server and client.
  • Fixed “stuck in position 1” queuing issue
  • Addressed many of the lack of XP in progression issues
  • Fixed crashes that could occur when tabbing out while watching a cinematic
  • Fixed crashes when a player fell out of bounds
  • Fixed issues in the credit store where it was impossible to buy things with in-game currency
  • Fixed issues where the third-person camera would follow the player when falling out of bounds.
  • Fixed issues where the Tigrus Mk II Heavy Eviscerator damage stat did not work as intended, damage defaulted to 50%. Now should scale damage properly.
  • Fixed issues where the start animation of a heavy attack with the Thunder Hammer could get stuck.
  • Fixed multiple crashes caused by the Beast of Nurgle.
  • Fixed crashes that could occur when leaving the Mourningstar to head on a mission when having a specific trait equipped.
  • Fixed crashes that could occur with certain weapon traits.
  • Fixed issues where a player could complete the 'Up Close and Personal' Penance without meeting the appropriate criteria.
  • Fixed issues where Veteran Sharpshooter's 'Covering Fire' did not work correctly.
  • Fixed issues with Zealot's talent descriptions not matching what they actually do.
  • Fixed various issues where if you look straight down, the third-person character's head will twist and rotate 180 degrees.
  • Fixed an issue where players would sometimes spawn with both weapons in hand.
  • Fixed an issue where the Ogryn's Grenade Box collides with the primary weapon on block.
  • Fixed an issue with the Armory where the stock may occasionally be refreshed prematurely before the timer should have elapsed.
  • Added codes to be displayed alongside errors.
  • Fixed an issue where "Toughness damage reduction" effects didn't work vs. melee damage. (both talents and coherency effects)
  • Fixed an issue where Zealots "Regain toughness while in melee" talent didn't trigger properly.

Rebalancing/Gameplay tweaks

• Veteran talent balance pass, bleeding.
  • Zealot talent balance pass, toughness, and bleeding updates.
  • Ogryn balance pass and grenade amounts adjusted.
  • Ogryn club, attack combo adjusted. Damage values increased against certain enemy types.
  • Ogryn shovel increased mobility
  • Adjusted pacing w/ enemy characters, hordes, and spawns
  • Additional Psyker gameplay adjustments, including removal of a 'push' charge cost for the Force Sword
  • Bump up for autoguns and autopistols
  • Ranged Minions attack attributes adjusted

Player Interactions
  • Changed revive/rescue/pullup states to be 3rd person

Deepening Customization
  • Added Chirurgeon of the Mourningstar

Go on. Spend some time with the Chirurgeon. We challenge you to share your best new looks - and feedback.

Thank you.
The Darktide Team

Last edited:

Yesterdays patch with a load of fixes as well.

New Features​

• Crafting Feature
    • UI for interacting with the workshop is available
    • Consecrate functionality is available for players.
    • Players can earn crafting materials from missions via pickups.
    • Hadron’s Workshop as an interaction point is also available.
    • Armoury Exchange updated – Buy Character and Weapon Skins in the store!

Quality of Life​

• Added EOR (end-of-round) Cards to show better what you unlock.
  • Sire Melk’s Requisitorium should provide better items overall by only having pristine/mastercrafted items.
  • Made Zealot’s Penance tier 1 and 2 pants more distinct.

Balance Adjustments​

• Setup separate weapon-specific dodge curves for light melee weapons, tune-up separate zealot baseline:
    • Setup separate dodge curve for Zealot class, increase baseline dodge distance to 2.75m over 0.4s (was 2.5m over 0.4s).
    • Increase dodge slide friction speed threshold to 5.5m/s (from 4.5) – we don’t break down as hard on dodge-sliding.
    • Setup weapon specific curves for agile dodge profiles to allow customized behavior:
      • For Atrox Tactical Axes and Maccabian Duelling Swords: Custom curve 2.75m over 0.35s with fine-tuned end of curve for chaining.
      • For Catachan Mk III Combat Blade: Custom curve 2.9m over 0.35s with fine-tuned end of curve for chaining.

From their twitter account. :)
Fia0JgFWYAAfNB8

Last edited:
That's a relief, although wouldn't have been a deal breaker for me.

Deffo don't waste resources on sire melks mystery boxes. I just got a good blue weapon out of one and was a bit meh. Better to save for the good stuff

They've added a new boss with the power supply interruption (lights out) special.

First lights out mission I did on T3 and we encountered this thing that was highlighted yellow when pinged. Won't spoiler it but don't go down near it :D

And twitch drops won't be given out until the game goes live.

The items listed below will not be available during the Pre-Order Beta, and will instead be awarded to players on release, being the 30th of November. Imperial Edition Items Pre-Order Bonuses Vermintide Cosmetics (Devoted Rejects Pack) Twitch Drops

Last edited:
Ended up on a lights out mission earlier with randoms. No warning through quick play that it was a dark mission. Ended up with only one guy with a light - we ended up failing miserably. I couldn't see anything, didn't help that the one guy who probably could say kept running off and wasn't tagging specials.
On the whole playing with Randoms seems ok, but there's still plenty of muppets who haven't fully grasped that it's a team game!

Well i bought this on steam mainly as most of my PC playing friends have an aversion to gamepass, but 2 of them have refunded it due to crashes and "no private lobbies". Funny thing is they are both massive star citizen backers, if anyone would have a bit of patience you'd think it would be them by now, guess the will use the refund to chuck some more cash into the RSI money pit.

I am ruined with work at the moment but ive got one character upto to level 7 and i must say im loving the game, when it doesnt boot me out.
Seems to crash Steelseries GG/Sonar all the time as well.

I think it starts to get really good when you get a character to level 15 ish and you start unlocking the good weapons.

Everyone raves about the thunder hammer for zealot, but I'm all about the eviscerator as the hammer is a bit too slow to catch leaping dogs etc. It is REALLY satisfying to charge the hammer and smack something though.

Tried heresy difficulty with my l27 character and bloody hell it's hard. How anyone can do damnation is beyond me.

Picked it up over the weekend, Played for over 3 hours, had 2 CTD, one exiting the weapon shop and another as soon as I entered a mission. Feels like it still needs the GFX tweaking as even with DLSS enabled I'm averaging between 60 - 80 FPS.

Already getting people AFK or not doing the objectives and running around almost like a bot trying to kill mobs.

Well i bought this on steam mainly as most of my PC playing friends have an aversion to gamepass, but 2 of them have refunded it due to crashes and "no private lobbies". Funny thing is they are both massive star citizen backers, if anyone would have a bit of patience you'd think it would be them by now, guess the will use the refund to chuck some more cash into the RSI money pit.
lol, odd reasons to refund the game! Sure crashes are annoying, but they'll get fixed with time and the lack of private lobbies is a non issue. Just party up with friends and you won't have to deal with randoms? It's a complete non-issue. Think the devs have said dedicated servers are coming down the line anyway.
Those complains are more puzzling when it's a Star Citizen player stating them - constant crashes and no private lobbies there too! (speaking as someone who plays lots of SC!)

Still only played the Psyker since early access started. Up to level 19 now, starting to get into a better flow with the feats synergising alongside the weapon choices. Finding various weapon combinations interesting, it seems swapping around based on the rest of the party is a good move to get the right balance which is nice. Last thing last night I got the lightning force staff, seems a bit underwhelming in the Psykanium test area, but I hear it's really damn good against large mobs of enemies as it stuns. Looking forward to trying that out later!

The two sub objectives for finding grimoires and scriptures do force you to check a lot of places that aren't in the main path. They do seem to have fixed spawns however there's a lot of them. Have quite often finished missions finding only 1 or none.

This is giving people the benefit of the doubt for running around clueless and I'm not sure we should be where it's higher ranked people doing their own things. Which is what I've been running into a bit. It's still very early in the games life though and encouraging people to play as a team will help.

Back
Top Bottom