Warhammer Darktide Reveal

I was just going to pick this up on Gamepass but I am increasingly thinking that I will opt to buy it on Steam
Same, I just preordered on steam on the basis that no xplay at launch and my buddies are getting it on steam, and I want to play early. Plus they have had 2 good games out, and if they fix up the bugs from the beta then this looks like a third and I can support a good developer.

Fair to say I'm pretty psyked for this...........

Sorry :o

giphy.gif

I want this game to be good. I've heard fatshark are known to release half baked products and patch over years.

Will wait for reviews. Fingers crossed.

I want this game to be good. I've heard fatshark are known to release half baked products and patch over years.

Will wait for reviews. Fingers crossed.
Tbf vermintide 1 and 2 were solid from launch, but there were deffo bugs to iron out from the beta so we will see

Yeh Vermintide 2 was solid, never played the first. Fatshark will definitely continue to iterate the game with patches, but I'd see that as a good thing every day of the week!

The amount of updates etc over the years for VT2 has been very impressive.

Very much looking forward to this after the beta, although I still can't believe they didn't have the option to invert the mouse! Managed to get around it and had a great time, but still.

Excited to play again, I've felt like I was missing it since the beta finished, especially after looking at videos of the other classes that I didn't play. I claimed the free copy of VT2 but have held off playing for now, I didn't want to commit to another game that's practically the same so close to this, will certainly go back and check it out at some point though. I remember when VT1 came out and I wrote it off as not for me, some regrets now as it seems like a very solid series.

I opted for Steam for the likely more stable player base, if cross play with gamepass gets added in later then that's a nice bonus (should have been in there at launch though).

Roll on tomorrow!
Not really sure what class to choose yet, they all seem pretty awesome in their own way.

I played a Ogryn in the beta, mainly because everyone seemed to be a Marksmen or a Zealot.
As much fun as the Ogryn was, I think i'll be giving the Psyker a try tomorrow.

I played the Zealot but didn't get it to higher levels, tried the Psyker out as well; very different but both fun. Will be sticking with the Zealot to start with I think though. Zealot was far more melee mid range I found.

It is always a problem with games as this one. To really try out a class you need to sink a ton of hours into it.

I do hope they expand the training arena though so the ai fight against you.

I tried out all the classes during the beta and I think I’ll be bouncing between the Ogryn and the Sharpshooter mostly.

I couldn’t get along with the zealot or psyker

They go into a reasonable amount of details about things in this perf blog, although I have only skimmed it :)

WEEK ONE (NOVEMBER 17 - 20)
  • Full access to the game hub and mission board.
  • 4 changing missions across 4 zones
  • We will regularly run in-game events (Conditions), namely Power Supply Interruption and Ventilation Purge. We don’t want to spoil them too much. We encourage you to experience them for yourself :)
‍WEEK TWO (NOVEMBER 21 - 27)
  • Up to 8 changing missions across 4 zones
  • In-Game Events, other surprise additions we do not want to spoil right now
‍WEEK 3 (NOVEMBER 28 TO 30)
  • Up to 10 changing missions across 4 zones
  • Downtime to get the game ready for wide release: Tuesday Nov 29, 2022 19:00 UTC
NOVEMBER 30 (LAUNCH)
  • 13 missions across 5 zones
  • 1 New Zone (We do not want to share its name yet)
  • New Conditions (In-Game Events)

CARRY OVER PROGRESSION​

Our goal is to ensure all progression will carry over from the moment you start playing through full release - but we cannot fully guarantee at this moment. The reason is that we are still using this period to test our progression systems, and we want to reserve the opportunity to change or reset things in the event something unforeseen or critical happens.

But we assure you that we will do our best to ensure all your characters and progression carry over!

Last edited:
You can create a party with people and join together etc. but there's no private games. I don't know if you can lock the party. If not then if there's not four of you then random players could replace the bots.

Game downloaded and crashes when I hit play. Guess it's time to update drivers...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom