Warhammer Darktide Reveal

On the off chance anyone else runs into the same problem I had.
If the game doesn't start, you click play, it thinks about it and then a few seconds later the play button is back. As the game crashed on startup. The fix was to delete the %appdata% Fatshark\Darktide folder that was created in the first beta.

Latest NV drivers also have Darktide stuff included in them.

Don't really know what to make of it yet, feels like it needs more work really. Stutters and performance issues on a good PC. Server disconnects. Really dark areas making it really hard to see enemies hiding and sniping

The performance issues are strange as many people do get them but it's not everyone. I've not noticed performance issues and it feels smooth although fps isn't into huge numbers. There's multiple threads on the fatshark forums and a crashreporter, so they seem to be getting a lot of but reports anyway. Hopefully they'll be able to convert those into hotfixes quickly.

Few games I've had so far and it's been good. Randoms have done a reasonable job at supporting each other and focusing on the objectives as well.

Last edited:
The nvidia drivers that released the other day seem to have given me a good boost, walking around the hub it was about 10-20% higher fps, gameplay feels ever so slightly smoother too as well.

It still needs a lot of work optimisation wise, but there have been improvements for me since the last outing so I think there's hope for more. Playing around I think I'm pretty CPU limited as the settings don't make too much of a difference aside from ray tracing (looks fine without).

I think once the QOL improvements start arriving at the official launch then there'll be a solid base for them to keep adding to. Some of the music is phenomenal when things start getting crazy, really pumps you up :D

I found with using FSR2 at a ~medium setting, with most other display settings around medium, I'm getting a ~75fps framerate to match my monitor on my 5700XT. Game still looks very nice, and it's good to know there's a lot of extra eyecandy waiting for me when I get a GPU upgrade!

Am I right in thinking this is a diablo-esque looter shooter. Replay same few maps again and again with different conditions and difficulties?

Last edited:
mm was playing with a 5800x 3d + 4090 using DLSS performance (3840x1600). Lots of areas was running up at my frame cap of 120 but then going in to more open areas and especially in combat it would be dipping a lot. I think some of it is server issues as I was seeing teleporting and just general weirdness with enemies

walk speed is so slow as well, and sprint stamina lasts like 3 seconds, dunno currently gameplay feels very clunky

Getting about 1 CTD an hour at the moment lol

Also, annoyingly texture changes one distance, about 3 variants increasing in quality the closer you get. It’s quite a bad implementation.

Apart from that, loving the game. Good progress from Vermintide.

Last edited:
Am I right in thinking this is a diablo-esque looter shooter. Replay same few maps again and again with different conditions and difficulties?
It's Left 4 Dead not diablo. But yes, There are a few maps but multiple missions within each large map. New maps being released and due to release regularly I believe.

I didn't think they were doing twitch drops but drops are live.
  • Fri, 18 Nov, 12:00 - Sat, 19 Nov, 12:00 GMT · Watch for 45 minutes and claim the reward Lasgun (Camo Skin)
  • Sat, 26 Nov, 12:00 - Sun, 27 Nov, 12:00 GMT · Watch for 30 minutes and claim the reward Sword (Camo Skin)
  • Sat, 26 Nov, 12:00 - Sun, 27 Nov, 12:00 GMT · Watch for an additional 30 minutes and claim the reward Ripper Gun (Camo Skin)
  • Fri, 2 Dec, 12:00 - Sat, 3 Dec, 12:00 GMT · Watch for 30 minutes and claim the reward Autogun (Camo Skin)
  • Fri, 2 Dec, 12:00 - Sat, 3 Dec, 12:00 GMT · Watch for an additional 30 minutes and claim the reward Lasgun (Camo Skin)
  • Fri, 2 Dec, 12:00 - Sat, 3 Dec, 12:00 GMT · Watch for an additional 30 minutes and claim the reward Sword (Camo Skin)
  • Fri, 2 Dec, 12:00 - Sat, 3 Dec, 12:00 GMT · Watch for an additional 30 minutes and claim the reward Ripper Gun (Camo Skin)

yeah turned down a bunch of settings, mainly mid a couple of high and DLLS performance. Runs much smoother now, also no disconnects tonight

Just started playing a loving it.
My only issue is I have a small amount of rippling onscreen which I know from past games is easy to fix but forget which setting to adjust.
Anyone help here?

Just started playing a loving it.
My only issue is I have a small amount of rippling onscreen which I know from past games is easy to fix but forget which setting to adjust.
Anyone help here?

I've been having that problem.
Tried a few things and got the latest AMD drivers, but no change.
Not game breaking but a little annoying.

looks like they haven't decided on doing a full wipe before going live so not sure I want to play much more. Levelling can take a while

looks like they haven't decided on doing a full wipe before going live so not sure I want to play much more. Levelling can take a while

CARRY OVER PROGRESSION​

Our goal is to ensure all progression will carry over from the moment you start playing through full release - but we cannot fully guarantee at this moment. The reason is that we are still using this period to test our progression systems, and we want to reserve the opportunity to change or reset things in the event something unforeseen or critical happens.
But we assure you that we will do our best to ensure all your characters and progression carry over!

I've only bought a couple items and each time I've had a drop from the next mission that's the same or slightly higher rating.
I think it becomes more of a factor to start checking the shop items a few levels in when they are of a higher quality. I was using a nice looking mission reward club on my Orgyn until I spotted a blue shovel in the shop, the stats were similar, if ever so slightly lower on damage (screw the bar charts), but the shovel has 5% toughness replenish on chain hits, making it far superior for tanking everything.

Back
Top Bottom