Warhammer Darktide Reveal

And then another 40Gb once you start it :( and then got to 40.6GB on the second download and "error" :mad:
I've had this before ages ago with State of Decay 2. My Darktide completed, fails to launch, so reinstalling it. Annoyingly the Xbox one is a 40GB download, the steam one is a 32GB download.

Last edited:
Anyone noticed a drop in performance from the beta?

I'm pretty sure I've got my settings even lower then they were in the beta, but I'm suffering from a noticeable framerate drop.

If anyone's struggling to find it on the Xbox app it wasn't there when I checked, but I'm downloading now via the MS store. Only 40GB, surprisingly.
Its there but not obviously,
I swear fatshark are doing their level best to get people to buy the game on steam with the lack of crossplay with the MS store version and the fact its on gamepass getting zero coverage.
Worked on me, i'm going to have the game on Steam, Gamepass and when it comes out Xbox as well. and by the look of it progress will be different on all of them.

Its there but not obviously,
I swear fatshark are doing their level best to get people to buy the game on steam with the lack of crossplay with the MS store version and the fact its on gamepass getting zero coverage.
Worked on me, i'm going to have the game on Steam, Gamepass and when it comes out Xbox as well. and by the look of it progress will be different on all of them.

Yeah, by the time my brother went to look for it around 6:15 it was there, definitely not when I looked.

And then another 40Gb once you start it :( and then got to 40.6GB on the second download and "error" :mad:

I had exactly the same, every time I launch I had to click past the error twice. Redownloaded it directly from the app, hopefully that will fix it! I intend to get it on Steam assuming I enjoy it enough (which is likely).

Played for 3 hours last night, after getting pass the initial queue didn't have one crash, can tell it's launched now with people joining who have no idea what they are doing, least in the beta you usually always got a decent group.

By god this is a gpu intensive game - even on a 4090 with ray tracing on low and DLSS on balanced it drops down to about 75fps in the larger areas.
Glad it's not just me! I thought something was broken at first.

I've just had two crashes to desktop within a few minutes whilst still trying to get through the prologue which is annoying.

Last edited:
I havent had any crashes - i was assuming nvidia would put new drivers out for the game. If you look at geforce experience it recommends 2560x1440 rather than 4k for it - i thought we were past all that with the new cards!

Pretty bad initial impressions. Runs bad, looks even worse, plays junky and got the monetization of a f2p game.

Expected more after Vermintide's success. Did the bosses pocket all the profits?

Last edited:
Hoping for some more optimisation that's for sure. It does look pretty though, for a spire anyway ;)

There are still issues in the notes about graphic issues they're working on. And there's a post on reddit saying RTX is not disabled when you select OFF. I'm happy to sacrifice some fps to keep RTX and other settings on at least medium though, need to have my shiny things.

I think they still have a good chunk of work to do and that the game isn't in a finished state, even if they have released it. The "Coming soon..." on 3/4 of the crafting is ridiculous. A cosmetics only store is hardly the same as many other f2p games though. It is bad that it's an odd number when you buy currency, combined with timers is full on well just spend some more. Vermintide also took ages to be in a good state. And NV drivers were released for the game last week or so during the beta.

It's a fun game that I'll play for a good while and then come back to now and then with friends.

No crashes but no other game brings my rig to its knees like this even on low settings, how they released it in this state is beyond me.

Disappointed that performance seems to have regressed at launch, I'd wager I've lost 20% on average. It feels awful on the new maps as well, I've had dips all the way down to the 20s there. Couple that with the odd stutter and random latency dips some games can feel pretty rough.

I've only just realised after making a character for each class that gold/materials don't transfer over either, that's a bit of a bummer.

Back
Top Bottom