Warhammer Darktide Reveal

Tried on gamepass, runs absolutely terrible. Seems to be CPU limited same performance at 4k and 1440p on my 5800x/3080.
Even tried low settings at 1440p it'll still dip into the 60s which is not very enjoyable in a first person mouse controlled fast paced game.

I'm getting a solid 60+ in 3440x1440 with the rig in my sig at mostly medium settings. Seems odd that it's so bad for you greatash. Unless it's this RTX bug a few people have mentioned? Performance generally seems ok for me, problem I've got is the intermittent crashing. Just had the game crash to desktop, relaunched to join the same session and then my machine hard locked immediately. Sigh.

I tried going into the config and applying the new settings had no affect for me.

Recorded 2 videos on the lowest setting.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
16GB 3200 RAM
AMD Radeon RX Vega 64

In the beta, the game run smoother for me on medium settings. :confused:

I've tweaked it so I'm roughly around 60fps during games which is fine, gysnc etc so at least no taring. Once I hit 30 I might drop turn everything down but I prefer lower fps and higher graphics quality.

Finding the quality of games with ransoms to be so swingy, more often than not it's either terrible and a real struggle or great. There has also clearly been some missions that were simply easier than others due to enemy spawns.

Games ok but honestly it got repetitive very quickly just like Aliens Fireteam I played recently, Could be good with friends on Discord and a few beers otherwise it's meh.

Hahah, yes its definitely not for everyone. Although its quite popular and I think a lot of people want to like it but don't quite get it like other people do and ultimately get frustrated.

I updated my drivers and with the latest patch and I'm getting very smooth pre last beta patch frames again, if not slightly better. Winning!

Quite hard to find groups of players on Heresy who have more than 2 wounds or that don't run off and quit when they get wiped. Always funny to see though. When I do find a good group its pretty challenging, intense and great fun. Not something you can sit down with a cup of tea and play (Unless you like cold tea).

Interesting that height does change the hitboxes as well.

I'm still enjoying this, it's very clear what this game is from watching footage and having people on voice does make a huge difference. I am getting annoyed by how few people spot targets though.

Yeh the lack of target spotting is baffling. Just mash middle mouse regularly, it's not hard to mark people without really trying! I press it every time I see a large mob or enter a new area to spot targets to try and headpop!

One of my biggest frustrations with the game right now is getting decent new items. Whilst I've finally managed to get a decent Force sword for my Psyker, the shop has rarely had Force Swords or Staffs available, and the Emperors gifts seem to constantly be auto pistols for me. Considering we can't transfer items between characters it would be nice if at least the Emperors gifts were waited towards giving items specific to the class you are playing!

I like WH40k and this seems fun, but I've got no friends, worth still playing?
You can play with random and have fun. Even better with a group in voice comms though! Jump in on a discord community or something. Few of us talking Darktide on the ocuk unofficial discord, although I'm not sure anyone has done any games as a group yet. Will get around to that at some point!

Reactions: Raz
I'm really enjoying this, I'm playing and levelling all of the classes and they are all pretty good.

The maps look amazing, did a few games today with the limited visibility (fog) condition, wow really changed up the experience.
Playing with Randoms isn't as bad as I thought, you can get a good feel for how it's going to go within a few minutes and the majority of the groups I've been matched with have been good.

Hopefully they'll add crossplay soon at least for the different PC platforms to keep the player numbers up.

Its a good idea to try all the classes up to level 20. Each has a unique play style and working out how to best run with other people is a must. I started with Orygan, but found while playing vet that Orygans should stick to the edges in corridors so vets can get their shots in, and never kill mobs that have blue glowing heads... Nothing more frustrating for a Psyker than not getting a head pop.

Last edited:
...and never kill mobs that have blue glowing heads... Nothing more frustrating for a Psyker than not getting a head pop.
Unless the special is in the front lines of a horde, at which point it's just another target. If I can reach it with my sword, I can probably kill it faster along with other things ;)

The exception being Ogryns and other heavy armoured folk. Those I think are the true priority for psykers.

Back
Top Bottom