Warhammer Darktide Reveal

Its a good idea to try all the classes up to level 20. Each has a unique play style and working out how to best run with other people is a must. I started with Orygan, but found while playing vet that Orygans should stick to the edges in corridors so vets can get their shots in, and never kill mobs that have blue glowing heads... Nothing more frustrating for a Psyker than not getting a head pop.

yeah been trying to do some of what you say playing zealot. Stick to edges and aim with an inward angle, keep firing lines clear. Don't rush everything, only stay a bit ahead of the group and allow others to get some kills in. For marking I'm only marking stuff I can't immediately kill and others might not have seen.

I think the playerbase will just start to learn how to play better as they see other players tactics as hardly anyone is on comms

Its a good idea to try all the classes up to level 20. Each has a unique play style and working out how to best run with other people is a must. I started with Orygan, but found while playing vet that Orygans should stick to the edges in corridors so vets can get their shots in, and never kill mobs that have blue glowing heads... Nothing more frustrating for a Psyker than not getting a head pop.
OMG yes, I started a veteran character and ogryns are the bane of my existence. Get out of my way!

Protip: make all your characters short

After playing it over the weekend the amount of people jumping into T3 on fresh characters expecting a carry is getting annoying. I blame YouTubers for pushing you need to run T3 to get to 30 quickly and the 'unkillable zealot' builds for that becoming the most used class, nothing like joining a squad and it being 3 zealots and a sharpshooter.

Games ok but honestly it got repetitive very quickly just like Aliens Fireteam I played recently, Could be good with friends on Discord and a few beers otherwise it's meh.
Fireteams was only good with friends, you can have a proper good laugh in that but solo or with random is just gets boring quickly. It's just rinse and repeat, if only the only spawns were random. After a few goes you pretty much know where everything is gonna pop out at you.

Fireteams was only good with friends, you can have a proper good laugh in that but solo or with random is just gets boring quickly. It's just rinse and repeat, if only the only spawns were random. After a few goes you pretty much know where everything is gonna pop out at you.

I long for the day a properly good Aliens game comes out, Alien Isolation was good but it was basically just a game of hide and seek.

True enough, coop L4d type games need that random element "AI director" whatever you want to call it. Darktide seems to do that pretty well.
I'm loving darktides gameplay, its a fun game even playing with random morons, it just needs more polish and i miss the act type structure of vermitide.

Hate to think how the game was a year ago when it was ment to come out, if it's this much "early access but not" now.
If this had come out against back 4 blood and Aliens it would have disappeared into nothing, that said they brought it out against COD and every other game in the Thanksgiving games rush so.....

After playing it over the weekend the amount of people jumping into T3 on fresh characters expecting a carry is getting annoying. I blame YouTubers for pushing you need to run T3 to get to 30 quickly and the 'unkillable zealot' builds for that becoming the most used class, nothing like joining a squad and it being 3 zealots and a sharpshooter.
I assume by T3 you mean the third difficulty level? I did find it odd that difficulty wasn't gated more like in V2. That said, my friend and I jumped into the third difficultly level as lvl 4 characters, and while more challenging it wasn't hard tbh. The worst part was our two randoms, an ogrn with a shield who hid behind everything, and a psyker so far back from the fight he didn't do a lot. In the end it was down to my friend and I to charge into hoards as to get to things shooting us from a mile away because the other two were, well, running the other way. We did it, took damage for it, would have been a lot better pusing forward behind a shield, or at least with the other half of the team doing something, but nevermind.
I do feel like we would have struggled against a tougher opponent though, so we went back to the second difficulty.

Looks amazing, Never really looked into Warhammer or what it is but would you guys say you need to have prior knowledge into the Warhammer series to understand this game?

Looks amazing, Never really looked into Warhammer or what it is but would you guys say you need to have prior knowledge into the Warhammer series to understand this game?
Not needed. There are bad guys, you shoot/stab/explode them, there are objectives, you complete them. You scream FOR THE EMPEROR at the top of your lungs in VoIP every 30 seconds, you may mix it up by screaming BURN THE HERETIC instead.
It's on Gamepass if you want to give it a go and have that.

Last edited:
Nah, it's pretty light on the lore I find.

From an Ogryns point of view.
Emperor good, spiky boys bad.

Lack of knowlegde on the lore will not stop you enjoying the game.
There's plenty of youtube videos out there explaining Darktide lore, but none of them are short.
Other then this 1.

Dont try and do Malice level mission is you dont know how to play. I'd suggest playing upto level 10 at least before you switch to Malice, that way you know the mechanics and have 2 talents and some gear.
lvl1 is easy, lvl2 isnt much harder but you get a tiny amount of extra XP and more matarials spawn, 3 (malice) is where it starts to get fun, I'm not playing 4 or 5 till i have and organized team and not randos. Assuming it's like vermitide that's where it's really fun and you won't make it through every run.

Stick together, every wipe ive had has been when someone runs off, then someone else trys to save them and gets battered then the last 2 get overwhelmed. 1 dead guy you can recover later, 2 dead you're in serious trouble.

Wait at drops till everyones there, if 3 of you drop and the 4th gets jumped by a special then you cant do anything and they are dead.

Demonhosts are like witches in L4D and should be avoided not killed, they will kill whoever startles them, but you can block it (good for the achivements if you care) while your team kill it. but they hit hard, dodge and block, and a DPS check for your teammates.

Gear isn't purely the big number is better, type of weapon, perks, blessings can make more difference. a 300 bolter can be much better than a 320 bolter depending of the stats and the bonuses, CHECK THE INSPECT TAB on an item to see how its stats work. The little bars are only an indication.

Performance wise, not trying to flex (but its going to look like it anyway) but i havent seen the issues people are talking about, I run 4k everything maxed incl ray tracing with DLSS3.0 on quality and I sticks around 120 fps with very little hitching, that said im on a 13700k and a 4090 so yeah i can see it struggling on lesser machines.
Thats said it also looks amazing on a 65" OLED TV, The next monitor i buy will be an OLED, it makes games with light/dark HDR look soo much nicer. and doing a dark mission with lazguns blasting is fantastic.

The game crashes, a lot, but you can reconnect to a mission if you fire it back up.

DO NOT waste your materials upgrading items till you are 30, and the make sure the shop has reset before you buy things after leveling up, they are on a timer and dont refresh as you level, only when the clock ticks over.

I think the latest nvidia driver fixed some performance issues after full release, basically in beta we where on unoptimized drivers

Up until the other night I'd left most of the stuff on, not realizing that Lens quality colour fringe & Lens quality distortion really messed with the image.

The colour fringe one is basically chromatic aberration, turning it off makes it miles cleaner.

Any tips for this? General play?

Also the performance is shocking
Seems to be the CPU utilisation. At 1440p using DLSS quality my 3080 can drop down to 50% usage.. usually hangs around 70-80%.
This is with all those ragdoll sliders down to minimum, guess this game will drop to 60-70s unless you are using DLSS 3.

Performance wise, not trying to flex (but its going to look like it anyway) but i havent seen the issues people are talking about, I run 4k everything maxed incl ray tracing with DLSS3.0 on quality and I sticks around 120 fps with very little hitching, that said im on a 13700k and a 4090 so yeah i can see it struggling on lesser machines.
Thats said it also looks amazing on a 65" OLED TV, The next monitor i buy will be an OLED, it makes games with light/dark HDR look soo much nicer. and doing a dark mission with lazguns blasting is fantastic.
Such a flex.... I bet it looks flipping awesome on a 4k OLED with that setup :D

Seems to be the CPU utilisation. At 1440p using DLSS quality my 3080 can drop down to 50% usage.. usually hangs around 70-80%.
This is with all those ragdoll sliders down to minimum, guess this game will drop to 60-70s unless you are using DLSS 3.

I dropped the worker threads from 9 to 6 on the popup settings before the game launches and that seems to have helped a little.

New patch for steam. General fixes and improvements all around.

Patch Notes

Crash Fixes & Stability:

• Fixed a crash that could occur if a player found themselves out of bounds.
  • Fixed a crash when browsing through shop items.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when interacting with NPCs in the Mourningstar.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when textures loaded in.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when players couldn’t connect to servers.
  • Fixed various, other unspecifiable crashes.
  • Fixed some memory leak issues.

Localization:

• Fixed missing localization in the Shrine of the Omnissiah.
  • Fixed missing localization of the "Skip" button.
  • Fixed missing localization when finishing a weekly task.
  • Fixed missing localization in the Commodore's Vestures.
  • Fixed missing localization in the Armoury Exchange.
  • Fixed missing localization on some weapon descriptions.
  • Fixed some damage stat localization on the Equinox Mk III Trauma Force Staff.
  • Fixing missing subtitles in cutscenes and Valkyrie briefings.
  • Fixed other, minor, localization errors and typos.

Cosmetics & Character Customization:

• All Zealot Cowl head cosmetics should no longer hide hairstyles. Zealot no longer needs hair regrowth serum from the barber chirurgeon! [Edited for clarity 12/7. This refers to cosmetics earned through penances and the armory exchange. Zealot's premium hood still has balding issues.]
  • The Imperial Edition Thunderhammer should now match the promotional imagery.
  • Ogryn Pre-Order Beta Helmet will no longer apply a voice filter effect.

Combat:

• You should now be able to chain grenades or combat abilities from reload on Thumper Mk II.
  • Psyker's Brain Burst should no longer cause warp charge explosions when below its intended threshold.
  • Ogryn should no longer slide in idle movement when swapping between weapons whilst in the air.
  • Players should no longer be able to interrupt the reload animation on Accatran and Kantrael lasguns by dodge-sliding.
  • Players should now be able to trigger "on kill" traits with any chainsword hit.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Surge Forcestaff to kill players if pushed above 80% peril.
  • Ogryn should now correctly get stun immunity on taking lighter hits.
  • Fixed an issue where the Boss Captain enemy in kill missions would be killed through the shield in the Perils of the Warp explosion.
  • Fixed an issue where Forcestaff AOE wasn't working on some enemy units.
  • Fixed an issue where Psyker's "Psykinetic's Aura" would not work on elite enemies.
  • Fixed an issue where players could not block enemy attacks while rescuing their teammates from ledges.
  • Veteran's "Deadshot" should no longer consume stamina when using the scanner.
  • Veteran passive should now grant allies ammo on kill with the Chainsword.
  • The melee weapon trait "Decimator" should now function properly in the Psykharium.
  • The Ogryn Club "Haymaker" trait should no longer trigger with bleed procs and ranged weapons.
  • Fixed an issue where multiple Veterans could cause their “Volley Fire” combat ability to conflict with the “Bio-Optic Targeting” talent.
  • Fixed an issue where enemies could spawn in view of players near the elevator in Chasm Station HL-16-11.
  • Buffed heavy stubber.
    • Buffed damage from 75-150 to 100-200.
    • Buffed berserker armor mod from near 0.5/far 0.6 to near 1.0/far 0.8.
    • Buffed impact from 8-16 to 10-20.

VFX & SFX:

• Fixed some third person dodge visuals on Force Sword.
  • Fixed some animation errors when dodging using Psyker's “Smite” and then canceling the charge.
  • Fixed some SFX issues on the Ogryn's uppercut punch.
  • Fixed an issue with lighting VFX that could get stuck on screen if a player released a combat ability when no enemies were alive and then switched to a melee weapon.
  • Fixed some errors with grenade inspect and other third-person visuals.
  • Fixed an issue where Renegade Gunners wouldn't show wounds unless they were dead.

UI/UX:

• The AFK animation should now sync with the AFK warning popup.
  • Fixed an issue where curio card rating info was inconsistent with weapon card info.
  • Fixed an issue where weapon cards would overlap the marks store price.
  • Fixed an issue where the “Warp Flurry” weapon trait description wouldn't display correctly.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause an overlap in the name of the Veteran class on the character creation menu.
  • “Executor” trait should now specify what the buff does.
  • Added a clearer representation of rate of fire in the weapon details screen.
  • Fixed blurriness in the weapon details and appearance view using DLSS.
  • Fixed weapon stats layout that was incorrect with 4-digit number combinations.
  • Fixed missing '+' sign when a weapon stat is exactly 0.
  • Fixed some weapon descriptions and icons for the two-handed sword in the weapon details screen.
  • Corrected some attack symbol icons in the weapon stats view for the two-handed chainsword Tigrus MK II.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom