Warhammer Darktide Reveal

Embarrassing moment just now, jumped into a level 1 difficulty to quickly level a new character.

We were all dead within a minute, a Plague Ogryn appeared immediately and smashed us all off the ledge one by one to instant death......

Darktide's favourite thing today. Crash to desktop at the end of the level. 90 minutes of playing and I've been present to get reward at the end of the level once. Sigh.

Unlike the beta you no longer loose your progression if you make it to the scoreboard, if your crashing just before that then potential of time wasted and 0 rewards.

New blog has been released with some good changes announced.

"Our biggest update yet will land next week and will include further improvements, additional weapons, fixes, private sessions, and more."

Two new weapons.
Smaller real money packs so you don't have to overspend.
“Refine Item” crafting. This functionality will allow you to replace one Perk on a Curio or a Weapon.
Private Play (and Solo)
They're looking at Penances

Progression Siloing and Shared Ordo Dockets
Since launch, we’ve seen feedback from many players requesting shared progression across characters to ensure a smoother progression loop. Our designers are taking this feedback seriously and are discussing how to best implement a solution that meets our players’ desires and gameplay goals while also striking a balance with the game’s design intent. This is a sizable endeavor, and its feasibility is still unknown, we hope to be able to share more information on its progress at a later time.

Oh sweet EMPEROR, I just had a terrible team on my Ogryn.
Joined a mission in progress with 3 Zealots.

We got taken out by a sniper and a grenade guy.
Was doing my best to block the sniper with my shield, but had to keep moving due to the fire grenades. Not sure if they were all running with shotguns or something, but they did nothing to help.
We basically ended up wiping because of 1 sniper. :mad:

Good Warhammer 40k story here.

Oh sweet EMPEROR, I just had a terrible team on my Ogryn.
Joined a mission in progress with 3 Zealots.

We got taken out by a sniper and a grenade guy.
Was doing my best to block the sniper with my shield, but had to keep moving due to the fire grenades. Not sure if they were all running with shotguns or something, but they did nothing to help.
We basically ended up wiping because of 1 sniper. :mad:

Good Warhammer 40k story here.

Zealots should run flamers. Only flamers.....
Heretics need to be purged in fire

Zealots should run flamers. Only flamers.....
And if I ever see one that's not an awful roll I'll give it a go. Still not used one in a mission yet.

Currently using a dagger as it was a good upgrade although can't say I'm a huge fan of it vs cleave swords.

The only thing I I want them to rush right now is cross platform play. I don't care about transferring save games between steam and gamepass and I doubt most people do either.

And if I ever see one that's not an awful roll I'll give it a go. Still not used one in a mission yet.

Currently using a dagger as it was a good upgrade although can't say I'm a huge fan of it vs cleave swords.

The only thing I I want them to rush right now is cross platform play. I don't care about transferring save games between steam and gamepass and I doubt most people do either.
Yea I wasn't a fan of the dagger IIRC. Chain sword I like, chain axe not so much, normal axe i like. I use the flamer because a) I like seeing all the things burn and b) i didn't really like many of the guns I've had tbh.

Flamer on Zealot doesn't work right imo currently on higher tiers as it loves to spawn ranged mobs that chip away at you before you can get close with a charge and get into melee range, the range on the flamer isn't large enough to touch them otherwise, braced or normal autogun feels lot better to run around with.

Flamer on Zealot doesn't work right imo currently on higher tiers as it loves to spawn ranged mobs that chip away at you before you can get close with a charge and get into melee range, the range on the flamer isn't large enough to touch them otherwise, braced or normal autogun feels lot better to run around with.
Yea I agree with that, even on malice ranged groups can be a problem. That said, as a flamer zealot that's not my issue to deal with IMO, I normally play with a friend who runs ogryn and he'll explode them with his rumbler if they're grouped, or explode them individually if our ranged lot are being irritatingly slow and I've not managed to flank them.

An, what I thought was interesting, discovery - I find it fairly hard to dodge either the charging fellas, or the hounds, on gamepass. I don't think I've dodged a single one even when I've seen it their right arm go past me as a I dodge left. Compare that to steam where I've dodged them semi effectively. Might be the difference between the axe (gamepass) and the chain sword (steam), but I wouldn't have thought it would have made that much of a difference.

Last edited:
I'm playing the zealot but don't really know anything about builds. I did it mostly because I didn't want to do the obvious thing (for an fps player) and play the guardsman. The rapid fire lasgun looks amazing fun though, so I might have to swap soon

Last edited:
I'm playing the zealot but don't really know anything about builds. I did it mostly because I didn't want to do the obvious thing (for an fps player) and play the guardsman. The rapid fire lasgun looks amazing fun though, so I might have to swap soon
Zealot is my fav class. Eviscerator plus flamer makes for a lot of fun clearing crowds. It is a tanky class once you get familiar with how the feats work.

An, what I thought was interesting, discovery - I find it fairly hard to dodge either the charging fellas, or the hounds, on gamepass. I don't think I've dodged a single one even when I've seen it their right arm go past me as a I dodge left. Compare that to steam where I've dodged them semi effectively. Might be the difference between the axe (gamepass) and the chain sword (steam), but I wouldn't have thought it would have made that much of a difference.
Asked my mate who I play with - who has far better reactions than I do - and he agreed. Also tried out the hammer on the zealot and had no issues dodging the dogs/charging guys while playing on steam.

A new patch is now out for Steam.

Good chunk of fixes and balance changes. And the next crafting system has been added. Refine Item.

Refining can replace one of the perks, costs quite a lot however every time you refine it (to get a different perk) it becomes cheaper. And it does become FREE :D If you don't manage to get that three star perk you're looking for, you will eventually it seems.

You can kill Demonhosts by closing a door on them. :D

Have found a few good swords but nothing beats the dagger that I have so far. The weakspots, bleeds and crits are too good with it. Do have an ok flamer though which was fun to use but I don't feel is worth it on T3 or less. There isn't the need to stun hordes over just killing them.

Spending more time on my Veteran, only lvl 11 but what guns do people recommend?
Don't have access to the bolter yet. :p
Kantrael Las is the only way. I'm quite enjoying the plasma gun since they buffed the cool downs on it, although it is only really good for picking off specials (biiig specials) or clumps of shooters.

It's really important for vet to shoot other things that shoot so the plasma kinda hinders that important role. It's good when you have 2 vets: one running lasgun and one plasma/boltgun.

Obvs power sword is the only melee weapon you should bother with right now, even after the nerf. Just worth speccing into cleave stats.

Back
Top Bottom