Warhammer Darktide Reveal

I'd forgot about the story. It's amusing how he mentions that he didn't get on with Vermintide but how the melee is so fun and well done on Darktide. As he says, he should go back and try Vermintide.
I have my moments of fun in Darktide, but my feelings are that the game still isn't as good as V2. I don't feel the guns are that amazing, they're ok, But getting nailed in Heresy by ranged makes me feel that shorter ranged guns aren't a good idea. So as much as I want to take a flamer I feel if I do I'll end up screwing myself. And our experience with randoms is just bizarre.
Overall I have more fun on V2 chaos wastes cataclysm, even if we run the risk of wiping early.
Thematically i think the game is good, listening to the soundtrack. Crafting and item acquisition is **** though .

My take on it after 100hrs:

If you like warhammer 40k and enjoyed vermintide 1 and 2, you'll get on with it really well. Eventually you'll start wanting to min max your characters and will start to hit the limitations of the current crafting system which isn't fully implemented yet and feels a bit half baked.

The gameplay is solid and enjoyable, and I am still playing it as my main game.

There are a lot of things I'd change about it, eg crafting, a couple balance tweaks. Stuff I think will come in due time anyway.

I've got 62 hours on steam and another 10 or so on Gamepass,

The main issues with it are:
Stability, it crashes ALLOT.
End game systems are lacking to max out chr.
Weekly missions are time consuming as hell (25 missions, 1000 melee kills on scabs etc).
Secondary missions are pretty pointless.
Cant share between your characters, when you start a new guy you may as well be on a different account. This is even more annoying when you have weekly for each chr.

It looks amazing sounds amazing and plays amazing. just needs more polish.

Like i said before hate to think what it was like back when it was meant to come out.

Needs a system like Chaos Wastes from vermitide to fill it out more.

I've got 62 hours on steam and another 10 or so on Gamepass,

The main issues with it are:
Stability, it crashes ALLOT.
End game systems are lacking to max out chr.
Weekly missions are time consuming as hell (25 missions, 1000 melee kills on scabs etc).
Secondary missions are pretty pointless.
Cant share between your characters, when you start a new guy you may as well be on a different account. This is even more annoying when you have weekly for each chr.

It looks amazing sounds amazing and plays amazing. just needs more polish.

Like i said before hate to think what it was like back when it was meant to come out.

Needs a system like Chaos Wastes from vermitide to fill it out more.
I'm lucky in that I haven't had many crashes, but I'm at the point that if a random pug disappears mid match I can count on them rejoining in a minute and apologising in chat so it's deffo not rare as a whole.

There are some other stupid things like the penances (seriously if I have to do all 7 mission types tell me which one I'm missing!), the lack of the grims actually counting towards better loot rolls (why do I care about extra XP at level 30), and other things that they had right in VT2 and somehow decided to scrap.

However, I'm still enjoying it, I'd still recommend it, and I'm hopeful they'll come good on smoothing the rough edges in the new year.

I'd like a chaos wastes mode, but that's because I enjoyed it so much in V2. Now idea if it'd work alright in Darktide.

I agree with the scriptures/grims and I'd also throw in the demonhost and bosses because AFAIK there's no benefit to killing one.

I've had a few crashes, most annoying one we got almost to the end of a mission, the entire team crashed, came back in and we're back at the start. Ok, we'll run to the end since we've done the work - nope, the door is locked so you can't progress. And the game was still pulling in new players trying to fill the gaps. :(

Stolen from reddit.

a0ez18nvy39a1.jpg

Ogryn should have a nokia phone.

Personally think it’s an incredibly solid game, that just needs a bit more polish and further content. Vermintide 2 rolled out with a lot more classes, and once you get to 30, you lose the desire to grind that character a bit. But ultimately it’s an incredibly fun game that works really well.

Can’t comment on the crashing as it runs incredibly reliably for me.

Almost all the crashes I was having have been fixed now. And at least if it does crash you can still rejoin. The core game is great fun, it just needs to be finished, needs cross play and needs reworked loot / endgame. I'm confidant that'll come in time but I also have no problem picking it up for a bit and then doing other things.

I really wanted this to be good but the reviews aren't promising. Looks like another half finished release.
The game is panning on Steam right now due to what appears to be the priority of the developers. Namely there has been leaks of even more paid cosmetics, yet they've not fixed a bunch of (mostly quite minor) issues with the game. The game needs a QoL pass on some mechanics, Crafting needs to be finished and not left ingame as "coming soon" and their needs to be less RNG nonsense for getting better items. If these things got addressed, I figure the majority of the players marking the game down would calm down about the backlog of paid cosmetics.

The base game itself is awesome, it's just being let down by some poor management and a handful of niggles right now.

I haven't really played it much since the first week it came out. I didn't have too many stability issues after the first couple of days. I haven't found it as fun as I found Vermintide 1 or 2 but I'm not entirely sure why.

Whilst I can't put my finger on it I think it might be the characters and the maps.

In Vermintide as you were playing set characters they felt distinct and the conversations between them worked really well, you also couldn't have duplicates of the same character. In Darktide you create your own character and you can have duplicates of the same class on a team I think that means all of the characters feel a bit similar as they all have to be viable regardless of the make up of the rest of your team. Whilst they've tried to recreate the conversations it's just not the same as there's no real dynamic between team members.

As for the maps whilst there is some variety the aesthetic is virtually the same for every map, I get why given the setting but again it feels that Darktide isn't as distinctive in this regard as Vermintide.

yeah it's a fun game with some rough edges and missing content. Seems to be getting slated and review bombed by a small amount of users on both steam and reddit

Back
Top Bottom