Warhammer Darktide Reveal

Got into the beta for this, annoying that its not next weekend when I would be on my upgraded PC, guess I will give them some low framerate testing data.

My biggest issue with this for launch is i want them to confirm that steam/MS store crossplay/progression will be active. Its a gamepass game so i dont want to have to buy it again to play with freinds or lose all my progress when it drops of GP and i buy it on steam.

Vermintide 2 was their game before this, it’s a very L4D inspired game set in the Fantasy Warhammer world, and actually an incredibly good game regardless of your interest in Warhammer.

This is a Warhammer 40,000 take on the same genre, and I have no doubt it will be incredibly fun.

Vermintide 2 is well worth a play if you’re in to L4D games. Far better than Back4Blood ever was.

I didn't get an email telling me I got the beta, but it's appeared in my steam library, so check there too.

Also a reminder - it'll be on gamepass from day 1 IIRC.

Just had a quick game.

It feels good, I liked the melee and ranged mechanics.
I do have 1 big problem with the beta though, no mouse options, at all!
Can't change the sensitivity or more importantly for me, invert the Y-Axis.

I'm also have big problems with my graphics, running on high settings and it looks terrible.
I have a Radeon Vega 64 with the latest driver. 22.9.2

Bd2ZRDl.jpg

yBo0hye.jpg

I've posted on the fatshark forums, hope I can get some sort of solution.

Just had a quick game.

It feels good, I liked the melee and ranged mechanics.
I do have 1 big problem with the beta though, no mouse options, at all!
Can't change the sensitivity or more importantly for me, invert the Y-Axis.

I'm also have big problems with my graphics, running on high settings and it looks terrible.
I have a Radeon Vega 64 with the latest driver. 22.9.2

Bd2ZRDl.jpg

yBo0hye.jpg

I've posted on the fatshark forums, hope I can get some sort of solution.
Not an FSR option is there? Looks lower res and oversharpened to me. :confused:

These are the options I'm using.

5sP4xar.jpg

Ce9j4xY.jpg

9CWKZjS.jpg

Xa5lnlj.jpg
Get rid of FSR, turn it off, or up if you can't turn it off.

Edit: I noticed Overwatch launched with FSR enabled by default too, it's what made me think of it. If FSR isn't the answer then I'm out of ideas!
Edit 2: Sharpen may also not be helping, but I suspect it'll be ok once FSR is either turned off or turned to a higher setting. But it'll be down to preference.

Last edited:
Looking a lot better now. Not terrible smooth in some places, but very playable. I'm too lazy to play with the settings now.

lciDM6J.jpg

Played with of the classes, not tried the Zealot.
I have hope for this game, been enjoying it. I wanna get more hands on some new weapons!

Played a couple of games on my old 1080, runs surprisingly well at 1440p, but WHERE IS THE INVERT MOUSE OPTION!

You can invert the controller but not the mouse, a lot of the UI and options screens look half baked, strange for a game that's been delayed so many times.

Kept kicking me out of the lobby area. DLSS seems to work pretty well, combination of that on quality and sharpen on looks better than having AA on IMHO. No ghosting that I could see but that might just be hidden by the motion blur/DoF options.
Tried RT on, not sure I cared enough TBH. My 3060Ti didn't approve and even after playing with the options and getting it to around 70fps it just didn't feel smooth. So it went off again.
Not sure what I feel about the big lobby area, I was expecting it to be more like V2 in setup where you're in a keep and it's your own instance where your friends can join it to play a game, or if you're searching for people in matchmaking it'll pull them in.

Back
Top Bottom