Warhammer Darktide Reveal

It’s a good game and feels good. I think it’s a bit more cluttered and hectic than Vermintide but that suits the 40k setting really well. But it sets it apart, rather than making it feel like simply the 40k version of Vermintide.

I think Vermintide’s mechanics feel a bit slicker, the graphics are still really good, there’s a stupid amount of content, and is still just incredibly fun. Darktide will be really good too, I’ve no doubt of that. But V2 has a wealth of patches and content under its belt.

Graphics wise this feels like it has Vaseline vision. Game looks MUCH better in motion than in screenshots. Overall, really fun beta. Hopefully the full release has a bit more polish.

I signed up to the website ages ago and didn't get it. Signed up via the steam store page this morning and got in a couple hours later.

Have played a handful of games so far and loving it. Only played the Fanatic so far, axe and machine pistol and it's been fun. As long as the random teammates aren't running around as headless chickens.

The only issue I've got is the mouse sensitivity doesn't work, nor does setting it in the user settings cfg and RO'ing the file. I've had one crash but it's been running fine apart form that.

I think there's enough customisation to keep me playing the game for a while but it will depend on what the grind is like. Don't know much about the premium currency yet either.

It's killing my 3080 at 1440p. turn on the RT (lowish) and I'm having to go to performance DLSS to hit 60fps, but yeah its a preorder for me

Last edited:
This is going to be great with friends, its a bit hectic with strangers because they just seem to want to speed through the levels as fast as possible, whereas I would prefer to take it slower and really look around the levels, hopefully at release we can create private groups even if there is only 3 of us at the time (preferably without a bot filling the 4th slot)

Played half a map this morning and logged. Very hard to aim because I can't correct mouse inversion. Absolutely genius to have a PC closed beta and not have the most basic and essential of options.

This is going to be great with friends, its a bit hectic with strangers because they just seem to want to speed through the levels as fast as possible, whereas I would prefer to take it slower and really look around the levels, hopefully at release we can create private groups even if there is only 3 of us at the time (preferably without a bot filling the 4th slot)
I'd assume it will be like verimitide, and as I'm also assuming it will get the support like vermitide did, with lots of polish and content being added over its life.

My only worry right now is PC cross play, I will be playing on Gamepass, and some of my friends will buy it on steam, I want to be sure we can both play together and if i later buy it on steam i will keep my progress.

I know its not PC/Console crossplay, thats fine but PC needs to be together, or the MS store game will die when it leaves gamepass eventually.

Plays fine but it's not without it's disconnects and crashes, completed a level earlier and was in the ship for extraction and it crashed, didn't get any progress at all.

It feels little odd playing through the levels almost like it was a different game underneath that feels like it's more something you'd explore in Power armour than a melee focused game.

I'm a fan of the zealot. I just yolo into the mobs and start chopping. Deffo looking forwards to seeing what the full game has in store.

Needs some spit and polish on stability, RT performance, and menu options for mouse before release.

Tried out the Ogryn for a bit, fun how quick he'd flatten most enemies in melee, but so vulnerable to ranged attacks. Prefer the Psyker overall, decent in Melee with the 2 different swords I tried, the base Pistol has some great stopping power and exploding heads doesn't get old.
Despite a few rough spots in the beta that I'm sure they'll get sorted I think the game is in a great spot. Only regular issue I saw in the ~6 hours I played was disconnecting to the main menu whilst triggering the match making.

Shame I now need to wait another 6 weeks to play it some more. Was having way too much fun :D

Only played the Ogryn so didn't experience each class, with the right group it seems like it's going to be a really fun game.

It definitely needs another run over for polish, optimization and the inclusion of basic QOL features, not being able to compare weapons or have basic stat numbers was pretty baffling.

The highlight was a single moment whereby we all teamed up on one of those armored enemies to hilarious effect. One guy was shooting him, another threw a grenade that staggered him towards me, I then backhanded him in the face sending him reeling backwards towards the final teammate who smacked him with the Thunder hammer, propelling him half way across the map :D

Clocked up 9 hours over the weekend.
Only really played Ogryn, which I got up to level 10.

Overall my impressions were positive, this is a worth successor to the Vermintide series.
Melee feels meaty and the shootings pretty good to. The Ogryn ripper gun, on full auto against hordes, just made me feel so powerful. But it was also satisfying to headshot distant targets with the lasgun.
Game looks amazing. I love me a bit of 40k, so to be in the bowels of a hive city was great.
The music was a big suprise for me. In games, I'm generally a bit deaf when it comes to music, I'm too focused on everything else. But this game did make me notice it a few times. On the kill mission, when the boss jumps into the arena and the music kicks in, it was a real "holy ****" moment that got the blood pumping.

I played on medium settings with my Radeon Vega 64 card, definite eye candy, but not the smoothest ride. I know a lot of people were complaining about performance, but I can't see that being fixed anytime soon, especially for launch. I wouldn't say the Vermintide games were very well optimised.
Who ever decided not to give the beta mouse options, needs a stern talking to. I'm not sure how many people played the beta with controllers on PC, but I'd put good money on them being in the minority!
Also, where the hell are the scoreboards? Battlefield 2042 did this and it was NOT popular. Worse case scenario, just let me see how many ranged/melee kills I got.

One major concern for me, which I'm sure won't bother anyone new to the series, is the choice of classes over characters. The characters in Vermintide had so much personality, their banter never got old.
Yes, the classes in Darktide talk to each other, but it doesn't feel as special. We'll never hear any more stories about cousin Okri.

I'm pretty sure this game will be a buy for me, I've been a big fan of the Vermintide series. But, I will be waiting on reviews to see what the launch state is like.
Also very curious about what the end game will be like with class and weapon varieties.

Last edited:
I played the Zealot and a tiny bit of Psyker, really enjoyed the Zealot. Didn't get to try the flamer or thunder hammer though yet. Weapon choice makes such a huge difference. And loving the music, looking forward to the ost hitting YT.

I was sitting around 80-90fps but it felt smooth, didn't notice stutters, no lag or desync that I noticed.

Have they said how many maps and weapons will be in the game at release? How much did the demo have?

Looking forward to this and still trying to talk mates into playing. Will be a great chance of pace from other games.

Release date is the 30th Nov and if you preorder there's a prelaunch beta starting 17th Nov.

Stats from the closed beta.
closed_beta_infographic.png

Lore video as well has been done by Luetin for them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom