Warhammer Total War Confirmed

This looks great for large battles Loving that it's based on Warhammer. The only thing is putting me off but it's personal is their seems to be loads to learn about skills and abilities.

I think it looks pretty daunting and flying units could be an interesting one to have to manage but I think it will end up being pretty simple as to how to utilise your units. Beyond the skins you'll still have your basic unit types everything will be categorised into like in all TW games.

I think the most "challenging" aspect to learn and keep on top of will be the utilisation of characters and spells and their abilities which will be much more prominent than any other incarnation of the game.

Chaos pack is free to whoever preordered the game or buys it within the first week.

Are you sure? It says on most sites that it's included only at select retailers and people on HUKD have confirmed that the cdkeys one doesn't include the chaos race pack.

edit: plus there is this on a Gamespot article about the chaos race pack being made free for a week after release: "Retailers that currently offer the Chaos Warriors as a preorder bonus will continue offering the DLC for free into the first week. However, the free period will come to an end at 10:00 AM PDT/18:00 BST on May 31, 2016".

For those of you who Sub to my channel, made a quick channel announcement about the content that will coming soon. Warhammer is Coming! Cannot wait for this game to hit.

Not quite on the same scale though. Don't think CA will get the 40k license so wouldn't hold your breath Brad.

I know exactly what he meant but you couldn't make a Total War 40k game, it just wouldn't work at the speed that Total War strategy games are supposed to be played without pausing it every 2 seconds. It wouldn't do a better job than DOW and would likely in reality be nothing like the Total War games as we know them.

30K aka Horus Herecy fits much better with Total War than the 40K skirmishing.

The 40k world is full of huge and epic battles, it wouldn't take too much to adapt it to scale.

Last edited:
I'd be inclined to agree regarding 30k. Would probably fit better given the scales of battles. Comparing founding company sizes with third founding in 40k...

The problem is that during the Horus Heresy the other major alien races had been reduced to a fraction of their strength, with many not appearing until later in the 40k timeline, so unless you want to play a game using only Space marines and Imperial Guard without very developed Chaos elements then it would be a pretty boring gameworld lacking in diversity.

The problem is that during the Horus Heresy the other major alien races had been reduced to a fraction of their strength, with many not appearing until later in the 40k timeline, so unless you want to play a game using only Space marines and Imperial Guard without very developed Chaos elements then it would be a pretty boring gameworld lacking in diversity.

Yes, agreed on that.

40k Would never ever work in a TA setting.

You would be talking an entire legion astartes commiting to a single pitched battle which lets face it... would never happen except in the most dire cicumstances

Ok I am now getting increasingly pumped about this game, I think it is shaping up to be damn good from what I have seen and heard, and to their credit CA have really reversed the bad PR about the game. I can even forgive the limited race releases given the amount of time it must take to develop and implement one, and I can see this being one that will be played for a long time to come.

Back
Top Bottom