Warhammer Total War Confirmed

I caved and pre-ordered myself a while back, gave into the hype. But 25% off code for so I thought £30 was a reasonable punt

Yep, caved myself and got it from GamesPlanet. £29.99 with a code. Hope it's not too buggy at launch, still a bit wary of CA games at release.

My Orc horde is going to smash, burn, smash and burn! No negotiations. No diplomacy and no quarter. Settlements will not be taken over - they will all BURN!!

It looks good, but I am SO wary, I've been stung so often in the past by the Total War series.

Same here, and I don't trust the big reviewing sites to give an honest judgement either. From the videos on YouTube it certainly looks decent, and more polished than Rome 2 which was an utter disaster on launch. Sounds as if the multiplayer on this one is quite anaemic in its current state, but the single player game/campaign looks well fleshed out. Pretty sure I can hold out from pre-ordering, and wait for the post-release player feedback before committing.

They have consistently done so since the engine switch starting with Empire, if Attila's out of the box state was enough to convince you all was well that's your choice but for some of us there's still some well warranted cynicism when it comes to CA releases on launch day.

Guys since Rome 2, there was Attila also that was superb since day one.

If they consistently had done so like EA, then I would understand the resentment. But now sorry I disagree.

Many would disagree with you ; Attila had performance issues ( although admittedly not as bad as Rome 2 ), Empire Total War was a buggy mess and Medieval TW 2 was similar. Only Shogun 2 had a relatively trouble free release. So, the trepidation from customers about any release that CA brings forth is well justified given their track record over the last decade.

Attila was fine on release, I imagine a fair few probably didn't bother buying it or were stung by rome 2 so waited until a fair while later. I had it from day 1 and no major bugs at all.

There are however quite a few new mechanics in this so more chance to go wrong lol! Hopefully not. I'm holding off on this since I have overwatch to keep me busy for a few days so can assess the state of the game.

Back
Top Bottom