Warhammer Total War Confirmed

Very insightful review from RPS : https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...otgun/steam+(Rock,+Paper,+Shotgun:+Steam+RSS)

It's clear they've had to make compromises to the strategic layer of the game (I assume given the source material). I imagine this might hurt it's longevity, but clearly it's still a fun game. Not a massive issue given imo the strategic layer of the TW games has always been lacking in comparison to other Turn based games and I have Atilla for a more 'normal' TW experience.

Edit: Having said that some of the comments from other people who have played suggest contradictory opinions on income etc.

Interesting read, see what else comes out review rise but the fact that it is mainly focuses on the battlefield is a good thing but if it really disconnects the strategy from it I would be disappointed.

A purchase for me mostly hinges on how the generals work. It needs to be like its predecessors. If it's that 'pick a card' crap from Rome 2 then really just forget it.

wow CDKeys support are working tonight :)

Had 2 people contact me about the code, one saying they don't know about it and then another emailed straight after saying sorry, my colleague didn't know about the email from the manager.

Anyways I closed my ticket as it's 25% discount from RRP.

Although if someone wants to save a little more than the 5% here is the code

warhammer666

Last edited:
CA seem to have given out a lot of 'review' copies to Twitch streamers who, and I'll be fair to them, could be out played by a potato, I know they want to show off the game to as many people as possible and prove they've learnt from previous mistakes but in an attempt to get a feel for how good the game is I found myself getting a little angrier then I should have simply watching these people 'play' :D

Anyway, the game does look as though it will be in a much better state then some of their previous launches and really offer something different to what I feel has become a bit of a stale series, roll on Tuesday!

Really liking the look of this game but really can't afford to pay £30 for a game that may be a buggy mess.

May have to pick it up on sale further down the line. Oh how I miss actually being paid a decent wage.

Really liking the look of this game but really can't afford to pay £30 for a game that may be a buggy mess.

May have to pick it up on sale further down the line. Oh how I miss actually being paid a decent wage.

Usually CA is good at this. Even Rome 2 a week after release was fine. Let alone 1 year down the line with the Octavian campaign.

Attila was fine straight away.

CA seem to have given out a lot of 'review' copies to Twitch streamers who, and I'll be fair to them, could be out played by a potato, I know they want to show off the game to as many people as possible and prove they've learnt from previous mistakes but in an attempt to get a feel for how good the game is I found myself getting a little angrier then I should have simply watching these people 'play' :D

Anyway, the game does look as though it will be in a much better state then some of their previous launches and really offer something different to what I feel has become a bit of a stale series, roll on Tuesday!

Is sad indeed :( seeing many of them getting rolled by AI at Normal difficulty!!!!
For me as always. Cracking up Legendary, and let the world burn.

How does the Chaos thing work. Will it be available for any key bought from anywhere (G2A for example) - ie any key activated in the first week on steam gets the chaos faction?

How does the Chaos thing work. Will it be available for any key bought from anywhere (G2A for example) - ie any key activated in the first week on steam gets the chaos faction?

Yes second key is not needed as long as you activate within first week. And do not leave if for the 8th day... The offer will end at 30/05/2016

That's what worries me, given their track record if something is looking good at release it could be a simplified, shallow game. We'll see soon I guess.

Reading reviews and looking at videos the pros/cons for me to date;

Pro
- focus on battles (I sim most other TW games)
- new types of units (not basic melee, cav & range)
- unique factions not just mostly carbon copies like old TW games and they look like they stick to lore

Cons
- potential simplification of strategy side

I haven't really seen anything glaring that sticks out and makes me worry, I just hope some of the strategy simplification comments have been blown out of proportion.

Overall though I'm pretty hyped, I have it pre-loaded but I dot get back until 27th evening :( wife won't be getting any attention that night :p

Reading reviews and looking at videos the pros/cons for me to date;

Pro
- focus on battles (I sim most other TW games)
- new types of units (not basic melee, cav & range)
- unique factions not just mostly carbon copies like old TW games and they look like they stick to lore

Cons
- potential simplification of strategy side

I haven't really seen anything glaring that sticks out and makes me worry, I just hope some of the strategy simplification comments have been blown out of proportion.

Overall though I'm pretty hyped, I have it pre-loaded but I dot get back until 27th evening :( wife won't be getting any attention that night :p

To be honest one thing I always wanted from the TW series was more focus on battles and less on economy management. Not completely dumbed down, but more streamlined, and it looks like Warhammer has achieved that .

Let's also not forget that while its great to have a game that is as polished as possible upon release, we are likely going to get everything we want via what is very likely going to be a very prolific modding community. This is Warhammer, and people are scarily passionate about the universe; they will work like hell to make this game more awesome and tweaked than the developers could have imagined, same as was done with the original Dawn of War.

We are in for a treat, and a treat that will imo last some years once all of the races are implemented and the modding community has had some time to get used to the tools. :)

Last edited:
Actually watched QB's twitch stream playing this and it looked brilliant, I couldn't see any glaring problems. Look's polished and stable, really looking forward to it now.

I particularly love the idea of the Orcs, don't stop fighting or your armies fight themselves, such brilliant following of lore. It's just form a waaagh and stomp until you can't stomp no more :D

I think the main thing for me is that I'm looking forward to trying every single race, that was never the case in previous TW games. Normally there would be maybe two races I'd be keen on trying but they all often played the same way. All the races in this are going to play so differently to one another that I'm really pumped to try them all. The hard part is working out which one I should try first :D

I particularly love the idea of the Orcs, don't stop fighting or your armies fight themselves, such brilliant following of lore. It's just form a waaagh and stomp until you can't stomp no more :D

Yes, they actually seem to have really thought about how the make the game as lore-like as possible, and the race specific playing styles and penalties are a great way of ensuring that games feel fluffy. Yes it's making you play in certain directions, but you would hardly get an Orc army staying behind to build a utopia in every place they conquer.

It really seems decent.

Back
Top Bottom