Warhammer Total War Confirmed

Soldato
Thanks for this :) Pre-ordered and finished pre-installing as a result. Was slightly turned off the series after Rome 2, but lets see how this one goes.

Attila was superb. Especially after all the patches, playing with either WRE or ERE on Legendary was a blast. Tough, very very tough because you shouldn't auto resolve battles even if outnumbered by the AI, while the latter got you with pants down all the time.

Soldato
very, very excited for tomorrow. Just hope my laptop can play it comfortably-ish and that it doesn't suck on release. Please don't suck on release. Please.

Soldato
Indeed, rome 2 was fine a couple of months after the release - the criticism is a little unfounded. My biggest gripe (as a regular contributor to the steam workshop for Rome 2) was them breaking mods for every single bloody patch.

Associate
Indeed, rome 2 was fine a couple of months after the release - the criticism is a little unfounded. My biggest gripe (as a regular contributor to the steam workshop for Rome 2) was them breaking mods for every single bloody patch.

I know I found Rome 2 unplayable for almost a year after release & still found it quite a weak entry in the series until the Emperors edition came out.
This however by all account I've read runs very well & the gameplay looks superb! my only worry is it being slightly dummed down compared to the rest of the series, I hope not but guess I'll find out over the next few days, I can't wait!

Associate
Credits are due where and when they should.

Cannot criticize CA until the end of days, because of the first 5 days of Rome 2 all those years ago

:confused: What? More like 5months, at least, and even now the siege AI is still dumb as hell. TW games seem to be very copy+paste with a new skin these days, for example I noticed in this some of the special magic animations are literally identical to onagers from previous TWs.

Associate
I had to shut down Afterburner to get this to work. Black screen otherwise. It's an old version of AB so maybe that is the issue.

Are you supposed to be able to pick Chaos from the off, if you've got the pre-order? I'm not sure under what conditions you can use them as on the main screen under DLC, I've got Chaos there but campaign seems to only be the other four races.

Back
Top Bottom