Warhammer Total War Confirmed

Caporegime
I had to shut down Afterburner to get this to work. Black screen otherwise. It's an old version of AB so maybe that is the issue.

Are you supposed to be able to pick Chaos from the off, if you've got the pre-order? I'm not sure under what conditions you can use them as on the main screen under DLC, I've got Chaos there but campaign seems to only be the other four races.

They are selectable on the campaign screen for me.

Caporegime
Caporegime
Some user feedback seems to state otherwise... https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/174041/system-performance-as-of-now#latest

maybe different hardware configs are causing issues... but still if the CPU usage is so bad then CA really need to sort that out because in 2016 its just ridiculous.

It is still bad, always has been bad and probably always will ( maybe the dx12 patch will improve it though)

Still get slow downs with lots of units on screen on ultra detail even on a 4.4ghz 5280k. People claiming they get 60fps locked on these games using ultra details are just outright lying. I have been through multiple configurations ( different chipsets, cpus, graphics cards etc) and these games are always the same. Loads of units fighting on screen = slow downs.

Soldato
Total War games have always been hard on the CPU. I don't know if there's any good reason for it but given the power of the modern CPU I would hope that something interesting is going on in the background rather than just bad coding.

Caporegime
It is still bad, always has been bad and probably always will ( maybe the dx12 patch will improve it though)

Still get slow downs with lots of units on screen on ultra detail even on a 4.4ghz 5280k. People claiming they get 60fps locked on these games using ultra details are just outright lying. I have been through multiple configurations ( different chipsets, cpus, graphics cards etc) and these games are always the same. Loads of units fighting on screen = slow downs.

I made a thread on the official forums, the second reply is interesting... https://forums.totalwar.com/discuss...arhammer-does-not-use-more-than-2-cpus#latest

Soldato
Getting 35 - 60 FPS on Ultra at 1080p with an i5 6600k/980 Ti. Really depends what I'm looking at, although only done some small to medium scale battles so far. I'd imagine all of these technical issues will get ironed out soon, I'm more concerned with how fun the game is (and it is fun).

Soldato
Well at some point all 8 cores were at 90%, doesn't mean they were all at 90% at the same time. Need to be seeing the real time usage in game.

hokey dokey.

xWtB7Gv.png

Even core loading over 8 CPU's during a custom battle. not the one or two core loading DSO is reporting.

Reading this makes me cringe for my Lil ol' laptop

There are guys on reddit trying to get it to run on the laptop i5 intel internal 4000 graphics :/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom