Warhammer Total War Confirmed

Soldato
Baboonanza;30483556 said:
I stumbled across this thread and now I'm tempted to start playing again, especially since I have got all the DLC for free :)

Do any of you play with mods? I remember that something to stop the AI being able to endlessly run away from you in your own territory was necessary last time I played.

Where you get all the dlc for free?

Soldato
Andr3w;30480877 said:
For some reason I can't play any race other than dwarfs. I find all the other races boring/confusing - anyone else the same?

Richdog;30481024 said:
Learn how to play the game with the other races so you don't get 'bored'?

I'm sure I was playing Vampires wrong. Made it to around 75 turns and I spent most of my time standing around not making much traction - or fighting with the Empire and getting destroyed!

I did enjoy playing as the dwarfs. The only downside seemed to be the AI ALWAYS flank both sides at the start of a battle and dwarfs are rubbish at manoeuvring around because of their little legs!

Soldato
Andr3w;30489799 said:
I'm sure I was playing Vampires wrong. Made it to around 75 turns and I spent most of my time standing around not making much traction - or fighting with the Empire and getting destroyed!

I did enjoy playing as the dwarfs. The only downside seemed to be the AI ALWAYS flank both sides at the start of a battle and dwarfs are rubbish at manoeuvring around because of their little legs!

But you don't NEED to maneuver, just stick a line of short, bad tempered, steel at the front, archers behind and wait for them to die or get bored. :D

Dwarves are easily closest to classic Rome:TW tactics. Just turtle like crazy and kill them with ranged.

Soldato
Mercutio;30489918 said:
But you don't NEED to maneuver, just stick a line of short, bad tempered, steel at the front, archers behind and wait for them to die or get bored. :D

Dwarves are easily closest to classic Rome:TW tactics. Just turtle like crazy and kill them with ranged.

This.

I'm playing Grand Campaign as the Wood Elves and the Dwarves are the trickiest to fight. They are very resilient and in melee Longbeards can give my Tree Kin a really hard time, even vets. Best tactic I found is use Great Eagles to jump on their ranged units to disrupt and lots of cavalry (both spear and archer) to hassle them. The mounted archer units as WE are great but found that in the grand campaign they cost Amber (unless that was a recent change), which is annoying now.

Soldato
Well after reading this thread and getting questions answered, decided to buy it from humble store, they have it in there monthly bundle for just £10, a bargain and more games to come later this month, i just joined then cancelled my subscription, but if it is another good game, i will rejoin again.

I haz 4090!
Don
Daytrader;30490647 said:
Well after reading this thread and getting questions answered, decided to buy it from humble store, they have it in there monthly bundle for just £10, a bargain and more games to come later this month, i just joined then cancelled my subscription, but if it is another good game, i will rejoin again.

Yeah I did the same. I've been thinking about buying it for a while, at least this impulse purchase only cost me a tenner. The humble monthly games seem pretty good though, I may just keep it.

On another note, sheesh this game is deep! Going to take me a while to learn it I think.

Soldato
Mercutio;30489918 said:

This is what I kept doing but they ALLLLWAYYSS just ran behind me and smashed my archers and then the back of my steel line!!

For those that did collide with the front of my steel I ended up killing most of my own troops with arrows :rolleyes: lol.

Old Man;30490249 said:
Very best custom map and battle for Warhammer I've seen so far.

Soldato
Trying to finish my Empire campaign, last of the initial races for me, before Bretonnia.

I've forged most of the Empire into a confed even before the northern tribes arrived and after a few hairy turns when I had the initial Norse push, undead to the east and orcs south I've smashed all their largest armies and just tying up the Empire and going to get prepping for Archeon.

I'll probably take Vamps off the board too pre Arch but only if I have enough time, want to try and avoid a two front war.

Soldato
HungryHippos;30492311 said:
I'm tempted to get this from the Humble Monthly coming up (plus other stuff could be good!).

Will I be gimped without the DLC additions?

I've only just purchased one Dlc a week or so back for the extra undead/Empire units and that's it. Amazing game without any DLC with a load to do.

Caporegime
HungryHippos;30492311 said:
I'm tempted to get this from the Humble Monthly coming up (plus other stuff could be good!).

Will I be gimped without the DLC additions?

Are people just going to repeat the same questions? Read the last few pages of the thread at least. ;)

Soldato
Just finished the Empire campaign, ended up rather easy when Archeon showed up and the three chaos lords deathstacks attacked my 6 death stacks within about 6 turns if spawning and were wiped out :p

100 hours played to complete the 5 release races which is really good. Now with 3 other races presumably another 60 hours play, I'm tempted to replay as a sole goblin army for kicks, I hope they release the undead faction in bretonnia as played in the Feb update as I would play them. After that I'm still hoping for playable border princes but we'all see.

Great game and so much bang for your buck.

Soldato
I never realised how hard it was to break the Dwarfs until I started my Greenskins campaign.

I really didn't take advantage of that when I was playing through as the Dwarfs.

:o

Soldato
Andr3w;30499068 said:
I never realised how hard it was to break the Dwarfs until I started my Greenskins campaign.

I really didn't take advantage of that when I was playing through as the Dwarfs.

:o

I'm trying the Goblin campaign, I've actually found myself acting Goblin like and I only fight if I outnumber them 2 or 3 to 1 or I just run away. It's a nightmare as I spend half each battle rallying fleeing Unitas, it's pretty much just unmitigated chaos every battle. :p

Fighting dwarves is particularly brutal.

Back
Top Bottom