Warhammer Total War Confirmed

Soldato
Dear goodness, playing as Bretonnia (Bordelaux infact) in the campaign is just painful. I've managed to confederate all provinces apart from Bretonnia itself (I'm leaving them as my ally to defend against the Norse folk). Anyhow, I find I never have enough money to raise a good enough army as the cavalry is just so expensive to purchase. My mixed forces get absolutely butchered as everyone runs away at even a squeak. Very frustrating :/

Caporegime
Is that count down for an actual release or at least an announcement for a nearby release date? I reckon it must be coming sooner than we think as it would seem unusual for them to go a year without releasing a total war game and it isn't like it is a whole new game. It is looking like it will be more like a glorified expansion (like Atilla or Napoleon).

Associate
Its just a time for the beginning of the UK Expo show. They had already said they would give details of the next direction WarhammerTW would be taking at the end of March.
Some games have a longer hype lead time than 6 months, but imo the chances are it will be about that time frame. Realistically there is no way it can be sub 3 month due to needing about that time for a pre-order window.

There is still a possibility for 2018. Last year they said that the 1st expansion for TW:W1 would now become a full stand alone game 2 (and then game 3) and that this would delay the Warhammer project by 1 year. However that delay could be be split between the 2.

Soldato
Dear goodness, playing as Bretonnia (Bordelaux infact) in the campaign is just painful. I've managed to confederate all provinces apart from Bretonnia itself (I'm leaving them as my ally to defend against the Norse folk). Anyhow, I find I never have enough money to raise a good enough army as the cavalry is just so expensive to purchase. My mixed forces get absolutely butchered as everyone runs away at even a squeak. Very frustrating :/

Is not that difficult :)

I managed to finish my campaign with Bretonnia having tried numerous things first.

In my opinion go for agricultural economy. At first is slow, but after you research the relevant techs very powerful. And build the two buildings needed everywhere. You do not need walls on your cities. Third building on the secondary towns should be the taverns giving you control boost.
It will allow you to run 4 stacks of 12/13 of various Knights, 4 Archers, 1/0 Paladin, 2 blessed trebs with ~12 towns (Bretonnia has 14 towns in total) plus trade with Empire and one more.
Plus maximum amount of Damsels.
Also send a Damsel asap to find the Dwarves and make trade agreements with them asap. They are reliable income sources. As is the Empire.

Soldato
Well I was loving my Bretonnia campaign, I had a crusade to the Greenskin lands, razing all before me. This was until 3 of my lvl 10+ lords were assassinated. Now I have -5500 income per turn as I've lost grail vow perks, and I'm staring down the barrel of bankruptcy in 2 turns.

I've given up on that one now. Stupid game mechanic.

Associate
Well I was loving my Bretonnia campaign, I had a crusade to the Greenskin lands, razing all before me. This was until 3 of my lvl 10+ lords were assassinated. Now I have -5500 income per turn as I've lost grail vow perks, and I'm staring down the barrel of bankruptcy in 2 turns.

I've given up on that one now. Stupid game mechanic.

I use the "Less OP agents" Mods on Steam (2 of them) and they work very well, so while the assassinations will continue from time to time, it will be seldom that they occur.

Soldato
I tried to persevere with agents but they are painful and I dumped them in the end.

How do people find Brets measure up against Chaos? I find them they really struggle.

I didn't find them too bad. In my campaign, I let them get on with it and nearly wipe out the empire. By that point I had foot squires and grail guardians so plenty of armour piercing.

I'm not sure what the ideal army composition for bretonnia is, but mine had just enough infantry to hold a line, but a crap ton of cavalry to just flatten anything.

Back
Top Bottom