Warhammer Total War Confirmed

Soldato
There's a decent number of mods out now that flesh out the minor factions and make them playable. I'm currently raiding the Norsca coast as Kraka Drak.

Soldato
Playing as Von Carstein, just came across this:

dN1Nodn.jpg
yanhB2i.jpg
X17vSO4.jpg

I worked it out... that's 131 units, costing 70,000 to recruit in one go, and 20,000 per turn upkeep. Plus the cost of 7 lords to recruit all the units (which would make upkeep even more). :)

Associate
What are some good tutorial resources? I picked this up last night but find it a little daunting and not sure what's going on. Here seem to be a million and one YouTube videos out there, are there any in particular that are good?

Id really like to just set up custom battles where I can control small groups just to get an idea of how things work. Is that possible? I tried with a custom game this morning, added a few units to my army but the ai added a huge army in return. It's would be good just to have a limit or 3 or 4 units to fiddle about with.

Caporegime
What are some good tutorial resources? I picked this up last night but find it a little daunting and not sure what's going on. Here seem to be a million and one YouTube videos out there, are there any in particular that are good?

Just put "total war warhammer tutorial" into youtube search and play the highest viewed ones. Those are generally the good ones.

Id really like to just set up custom battles where I can control small groups just to get an idea of how things work. Is that possible? I tried with a custom game this morning, added a few units to my army but the ai added a huge army in return. It's would be good just to have a limit or 3 or 4 units to fiddle about with.

Maybe read the manual and play with the settings for more than 1 minute before you give up? You can decide how big the enemy army is by selecting their units as you select your own. Unless you have some kind of attention deficit order, then just have a little patience and figure things out like everyone else does.

Associate
Or maybe find I have to go out to work rather than sit at home watching Jeremy Kyle. So I don't have more than a few minutes to look things over in the morning.

Caporegime
Or maybe find I have to go out to work rather than sit at home watching Jeremy Kyle. So I don't have more than a few minutes to look things over in the morning.
Good job you have the evening to think about it too, then! :D
Is this worth getting if you have a couple of the earlier Total War games (not played yet) keep looking and talking myself out of it.
No, as you can see from the thread it's a terrible game and we all hate it.

Soldato
Maybe read the manual and play with the settings for more than 1 minute before you give up? You can decide how big the enemy army is by selecting their units as you select your own. Unless you have some kind of attention deficit order, then just have a little patience and figure things out like everyone else does.

Is there any need for that at all?

This is a forum for discussing things and for people to ask questions. Stop being such a tool.

Soldato
When someone is too lazy to do the most basic research and expects others to make the effort for them then yes, there's a need.

I don't really think he was asking something basic (such as - how do you move a unit). I think his question was valid and of use to other beginners. Your reply was just rude.

Associate
Good job you have the evening to think about it too, then! :D

No, as you can see from the thread it's a terrible game and we all hate it.
maybe keep off the drink in future, if you don't want to answer the question I asked, then don't, but your answer doesn't indicate if it would be worth getting if I own a couple of the games in the series.

Caporegime
maybe keep off the drink in future, if you don't want to answer the question I asked, then don't, but your answer doesn't indicate if it would be worth getting if I own a couple of the games in the series.
Why, logically speaking, would it not be worth getting if you have the previous games in the series? Do you like fantasy settings or hate them? Did you like the previous total war games? No-one can answer this extremely vague and general question for you.

Associate
This game is very good, it's worth buying all the dlc too.

I have completed the below campaigns on very hard.

Chaos (also done on legendary)
Empire
Beastmen
Green skins.

I currently doing a dwarfs campaign on very hard and it's by far the easiest. Their economy is so strong compared to other factions that you easily afford 5/6 stacks of good troops.

If you play on higher difficulties the essential skill is the red tree one what that buffs your basic troops to plus 12att and def, some factions it does charge instead of defence.

Grombidal for dwarfs has insane campaign buffs in blue tree that benefits entire faction.

I found the Empire the hardest campaign, due to being in middle and possible getting into a war with everyone. Plus bearing the brunt of the even more powerful chaos invasion and Varg and skalling constant raids.

You can also play on very hard campaign and normal battle difficulty if you like. Just start a campaign on very hard, go into options and adjust the battle difficulty to normal. The Ai gets insane buffs on higher difficulties which can ruin immersion such as goblins spears wiping out drawf warriors with ease.

Back
Top Bottom