Warhammer Total War Confirmed

Soldato
I'm not too well versed in Warhammer. Am I right in thinking that the campaign map for this new game is huge?

2m8SYCy.jpg

New World, Ulthan, Lustria, and Southlands? Seems incredible, relative to the size of the first game. Presumably the third covers the remainder; the Dark Lands, Steppes, Kingdom of Ind, Nippon and Cathay?

I wonder if the maps will knit together neatly, or whether theatres will be used (ala Empire)?

Is it bad that the bits I'm most looking forward to are the Southlands and (hopefully in W3:TW) the Dark Lands? One of my biggest irks with the first game is the relative lack of challenge playing as the Dwarves. It's too easy to capture the South East of the map, building a strong economy and large armies in relative safety. Expanding the map South (2) and East (3) should shake things up considerably.

Last edited:
Caporegime
And the trailer :)

As wrote many pages back, on their FB this January TW wrote that the TWW2 is coming out this December.

Watched this just now and omgggggggg.... so excited! :D
Talk about the Lizardmen, High and Dark elves but are a bit more bashful on the Skaven. DLC race perhaps?
No, there are always minimum 4 races in a release. Pretty self-explanatory.

Associate
Watched this just now and omgggggggg.... so excited! :D

No, there are always minimum 4 races in a release. Pretty self-explanatory.

I know, I just wondered what they're going to put in the third game seeing as they're using all the heavy hitters for this one. Tomb Kings are really the only 'big' race left. Chaos Dwarfs and Ogres possibly but what then? You've still got DLC for 2 and 3 unless they're adding TK, CD and Ogres to 2 as DLC and the last in the trilogy will be the other Chaos Gods that has been rumoured.

Soldato
I know, I just wondered what they're going to put in the third game seeing as they're using all the heavy hitters for this one. Tomb Kings are really the only 'big' race left. Chaos Dwarfs and Ogres possibly but what then? You've still got DLC for 2 and 3 unless they're adding TK, CD and Ogres to 2 as DLC and the last in the trilogy will be the other Chaos Gods that has been rumoured.

The Map on TW 2 is positioned in the New World. TK is on the other side of the map and they never go away from their Kingdoms. Same applies to Ogre Kingdoms.

Soldato
According to a leak, this may be the map in its entirety for the three games:

ez6UxQJ.jpg

Most of the map is due to be unlocked in W2:TW, with only the "Dark Lands" (the bit down the East side) saved for W3:TW. The same source has Skaven and Tomb Kings listed as DLC, suggesting Skaven aren't a release faction for W2. So either there's a different 4th faction, or the game is only launching with 3 factions.

Again, from the same source, the 3rd game will be centred on Chaos, adding three new Chaos factions and overhauling the existing one. It'll add the Dark Lands to the map. Chaos Dwarfs and Ogres will be DLC.

Seems plausible to me. The map, in particular, is interesting. I was struggling to see how they could add so much without falling back on Empire's Theatres.

Also, some footage, Empire Vs Lizardmen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn5DY1xh0j4

Last edited:
Caporegime
The Map on TW 2 is positioned in the New World. TK is on the other side of the map and they never go away from their Kingdoms. Same applies to Ogre Kingdoms.
Chaos will get a huge rework I expect, and the remaining races will be added. I can't see them leaving any major races out of the final product.

Caporegime
Why is the DLC so expensive for this?

Quite fancy the realm of the wood elves campaign but i just looked and it is £13.99!!? I don't think i paid much more than £25 for the whole game on release so £14 for just one race seems crazy.

Has it ever been on sale? I thought it would be something like a fiver : /

Soldato
Two words; Games Workshop.

TBH I don't think the price is too insane. A bit steep, sure. But I expected a lot worse given its a GW licensed product.

Back
Top Bottom