Warning for all motherboard owners

Soldato
I bet all 4 of those rma's the boards he returned were sold as new to other customers :(

I hate the common trend of new factory boards not been sealed on boxes now. According to a guy I know who has worked in PC retail he said boards are by far the highest rate of returns out of all components, and its done so they can just be resold. He was just one guy at one PC shop tho, but it makes logical sense.

Associate
Reminds me when i returned my Poseidon 780 due to the fans wearing out and it was put back in the post to me after 30mins of them having it , due to a bit of something on 1 of the components with ocuk saying it was water damage ! Card works perfect on just water and was always used vertical and 24/7 on Boinc so was always warm, so no way could it of been corrosion, result no rma :(

Soldato
ASUS really are the pits when it comes to RMA. I bought a motherboard a few years back from eBay marked at ‘manufacturer refurbished’. When the board arrived it had a red sticker on the box and after close inspection it was missing a load of surface mounted components from the back of the VRM daughterboard. I contacted ASUS who confirmed they had replaced the CPU socket and tested the board after. Pretty double standard of them to mention user damage considering this was supposed to be repaired and suitable for resale. I returned it and got my money back.

Associate
Had a customer with an x470 prime pro. He replaced the board 4 times through Amazon rma's. Everything worked fine for him for 15 minutes he said.

A new cpu, new ram, known good gpu from myself installed and an hour in I get the exact same issue with the same board I purchased separately and verified the build to be good.

Ordered a gigabyte board from here and I guarantee I won't have a problem.

Four times?! That very well be user/builder's error. I have same motherboard for about a year now - not a single issue. Bios support is excellent. WTH?

I live in Africa and i bought this motherboard while in Rome. Good thing it is working. lol. 4X!

Soldato
The Asus motherboard i got in return for an RMA recently is bowed, it was a hell of a struggle to get the Holes to line up. I only kept it as i had already waited nearly a month for replacement.

Associate
Four times?! That very well be user/builder's error. I have same motherboard for about a year now - not a single issue. Bios support is excellent. WTH?

I live in Africa and i bought this motherboard while in Rome. Good thing it is working. lol. 4X!

The gigabyte board wouldn't post at all. Turns out the Asus board was being nice to some dodgy ram for a while before the ram caused problems. Those 4 boards very well may have been okay

Back
Top Bottom