Warning for all motherboard owners

Soldato
Never worry about the manufacturer.
The obligation of warranty is with OCUK.

Not really, if OCUK says there's a scratch on the board and Asus asks for a picture even though it's not related to the problem. They can turn it down etc .
But OCUK tend to be a step above the rest, case being with Dragon RX 580 and Colorful not getting back to them within 28 days swapped the card for a sapphire one. Guessing they'll still chase colorful and demand a card back/cash lot for product being even out .
Odd that Asus doesn't allow OCUK to have Turbo service with mobo yet does with GPU, so far only Spire had that being their distributor

Associate
Never worry about the manufacturer.
The obligation of warranty is with OCUK.

Unless OCUK sold him a warranty or gave one over an above what the manufacturer supplies then no the warranty is not with OCUK.

Will have cover through the EU Directive 1999/44/ though so its in OCUK's best interest to sort it through the manufacturer or they will have to pay.

Soldato
With a few minor exceptions, ASUS RMA’s are basically a joke, they look for any reason to decline them, they generally take forever and the crap you get back may or may not be usable/working. Do yourself a favour and buy from MSI/Gigabyte/Asrock or indeed pretty much anyone else would be my advice.

Some other countries have started ruling against the trend of tech manufacturers providing "used/refurbished" replacements, the rulings have required brand new replacements for in warranty products. Which in my opinion what it always should have been.

Soldato
Unless OCUK sold him a warranty or gave one over an above what the manufacturer supplies then no the warranty is not with OCUK.

Will have cover through the EU Directive 1999/44/ though so its in OCUK's best interest to sort it through the manufacturer or they will have to pay.

Basic consumer law grants a retailer warranty period regardless of manufacturer warranty. Its not the consumer's concern if the retailer has a financial loss from it.

Associate
Well this drama has certainly been enlightening. To refuse an RMA on that basis... Never heaard owt like it. Can´t say i will buy from Asus in the future!

Associate
Gigabyte´s boards are not that great VRM wise i read somewhere before. Pretty sure i will be buying MSI next purchase and probably from Amazon at that. Ocuk have not painted themselves in glory here messing OP around.

Associate
Gigabyte´s boards are not that great VRM wise i read somewhere before. Pretty sure i will be buying MSI next purchase and probably from Amazon at that. Ocuk have not painted themselves in glory here messing OP around.

wouldn't buy from amazon - they have a crap returns too if the product is over a certain age. They get you to contact the manufacturer.

Soldato
Well this thread was certainly enlightening. This was OcUK's obligation all along, as they well know. Whether Asus mess *them* around on a refund is OcUK's business and OcUK's problem; not their customer's. They can choose to continue to sell Asus goods, or not. My next board will be anything but Asus, and between this RMA experience and the way I've seen 8Pack talk to paying customers on here, I'd sadly think twice about buying from here in future, also. OcUK used to be so excellent. I wonder how long before this thread evaporates?

Associate
Adding my two cents, sent an x99 board off back in 2015 as the VRMs went pop Asus Diddnt turn it around in 28 days big surprise, Ocuk sent a new board out to me after they failed to get the old one back, now I have sent another off today x470 as it's stuck on a boot loop, will see if this happens again. As it stands I've bought another board in the mean time as I don't expect this to be any better and can't wait 28 days again, the one that comes back will be flipped or used for the missus.

Soldato

I don't know how to judge where VRMs are good bad or indifferent, but my gigabyte board is rock solid running a good OC for the CPU for a few years now, so I'm inclined to say the VRMs are fine.

Associate
i remember a while back OCUK were all made up about how they got ASUS to give them special RMA rights when you buy through them. and they made the huge post announcing it and even posted it on all the items on the shop. now i assume this isnt in place anymore? so have they announced that it isnt in place anymore and made people aware that the special RMA service between the two is no longer in place?

Back
Top Bottom