Watch Dogs

If people want to discuss the differences between the two next gen versions of the game please do it here.

but we're not allowed to discuss the hardware right? ;)

Given the amount of times you've posted in the XBO threads compared to PS4 ones it comes across as biased the way you are suppressing debate about hardware when everywhere else on the internet is talking about it.

Given the amount of times you've posted in the XBO threads compared to PS4 ones it comes across as biased the way you are suppressing debate about hardware when everywhere else on the internet is talking about it.

Indeed it does. If you are going to compare the differences of the game, the next question people will ask is, why? Then it's also a discussion about hardware differences and how they relate to the game. This is a natural progression. Unless the mod enjoys being draconian and enforcing his will for the heck of it, he clearly is one of those who doesn't want to hear about a certain consoles limitations.
This is understandable, people get emotional about this stuff, it's just human nature it seems. I feel a mod however should rise above it.

If people want to discuss the differences between the two next gen versions of the game please do it here.

It says above you can talk about the differences, so hardware clearly plays a part in what the differences are.......

Im sure Davey posted more on the XBox One thread as he was always getting that first....but then you probably already knew that and just need something else to complain about :confused:

The thread has been used for all of three posts since the other one was locked and already you are derailing it....:confused:

The other thread shouldn't have been locked then if we are 'allowed' to mention the reasons that are related to hardware.

I think the purpose of mmj_uk's post was to make the mod think about his actions, so threads are not needlessly closed under the guise of 'this conversation has already occurred, so I'm closing the thread'. When it's just that the mod doesn't like the conclusions the thread leads to.

If someone has already read similar info in previous threads and are not interested in reading or contributing further, they only have to hit the back button and venture into another thread. Similarly, just because some have had 'X' conversation, doesn't mean others have.

If we are not allowed to talk about anything more than once, then this place would become more of a library than a forum.

Last edited:

I'm not suppressing debate, I'm telling you to do it in the right thread. Turning a thread that is meant to be about a game into yet another pointless debate about the hardware specs isn't going to happen. Feel free to start a thread about the differences in hardware specs if you want. You can talk about it to your hearts content then.

I'm not suppressing debate, I'm telling you to do it in the right thread. Turning a thread that is meant to be about a game into yet another pointless debate about the hardware specs isn't going to happen. Feel free to start a thread about the differences in hardware specs if you want. You can talk about it to your hearts content then.

You keep ignoring this.

The thread you've locked was about the difference, one running at 720, one running at 1080p.

The hardware is the reason, thus talking about the hardware was on topic.

Unless I'm missing something? Please tell me, if I am.

Last edited:
You keep ignoring this.

The thread you've locked was about the difference, one running at 720, one running at 1080p.

The hardware is the reason, thus talking about the hardware was on topic.

Unless I'm missing something? Please tell me, if I am.
Yes, you are missing something. The thread had turned into a generic power argument, which we've seen countless times. Everyone knows the PS4 is more powerful, so of course whenever a game runs better on the PS4, it'll be down to the extra power. I don't see why it had to be stated, and then argued over.

I would've been much more interested had the performance differences been down to software issues rather than the obvious hardware ones.

Well then you may's well ban every single thread that talks about a difference, and it boils down to the hardware.

It can't really be the software because they're running nigh on the same architecture, in pure out and out GPU grunt, due to a bandwidth problem and shader deficit (Which they probably aren't getting the most out of, like Kaveri that's just launched, because of that "bandwidth" problem) there's a massive undeniable difference in what they're both capable of.
There's some discussion about how many CPU cores can be used by the games I guess, but that's down to the consoles OS's really, and unless they change it, MS/Sony change limitations and allow game developers more etc.

Having said that..... We *could* start grasping at straws and talk about the API differences for software, but that's stretching it a little :p

Last edited:
Well then you may's well ban every single thread that talks about a difference, and it boils down to the hardware.

It can't really be the software because they're running nigh on the same architecture, in pure out and out GPU grunt, due to a bandwidth problem and shader deficit (Which they probably aren't getting the most out of, like Kaveri that's just launched, because of that "bandwidth" problem) there's a massive undeniable difference in what they're both capable of.
There's some discussion about how many CPU cores can be used by the games I guess, but that's down to the consoles OS's really, and unless they change it, MS/Sony change limitations and allow game developers more etc.

Having said that..... We *could* start grasping at straws and talk about the API differences for software, but that's stretching it a little :p
Yes, indeed it does boil down to the hardware, that's why I personally don't feel it needs to be stated and argued bout every time. It's like arguing about why the true multi platform games look worse on the Wii U. It's obvious.

Software could play a part though, in terms of optimised drivers and the OS. That could easily see the performance gap close or widen as both companies refine the software tools over time.

Back
Top Bottom