Watch Dogs

Man of Honour
This argument is not exclusive to this forum, but why do ~people~ keep saying that Microsoft will 'close the gap' or talk about developers getting the most out of the Xbox One?

If we take that same logic, then the PlayStation 4 will just increase in performance, maintaining the gap or increasing it.

I acknowledged as much in my post, assuming you were referring to me.

Caporegime
This argument is not exclusive to this forum, but why do ~people~ keep saying that Microsoft will 'close the gap' or talk about developers getting the most out of the Xbox One?

I acknowledged as much in my post, assuming you were referring to me.

I did not write your name in that post, it was a general consensus of what I see on the internet; including this forum, other forums, general gaming websites and what I've heard said on podcasts too.

It's a laughable straw that people seem to be clutching at. 'Obviously the Xbox One will get better' but so will the PlayStation 4 using the same logic.

Associate
I dont get why the PS4 owners get so worked up about 1080/60Fps when it is their console that is more likely to achieve it.

Seems along with the PC master race a new console master race has evolved ;)

Associate
I don't get why the xbone (few) owners get so defensive, if they happy with their console then let people complain while you lot enjoy playing on it.

Im not defensive, merely stating a fact that is is the PS4 owners who bring the 1080/60FPS into every thread about new games.

I've rarely read a Xbox One owner complain, as they are happy with their console of choice.

Man of Honour
I don't get why the xbone (few) owners get so defensive, if they happy with their console then let people complain while you lot enjoy playing on it.
I think at least part of the problem is that there are some PS4 owners who seem to take great delight in pointing out (repeatedly) that the PS4 is the more powerful machine, and who love it whenever a game comes out that runs better on the PS4. If everyone, on both sides I'll add, were just happy with their consoles and left it at that, the forum would be a much happier place. That'll never happen though.

Associate
I think at least part of the problem is that there are some PS4 owners who seem to take great delight in pointing out (repeatedly) that the PS4 is the more powerful machine, and who love it whenever a game comes out that runs better on the PS4. If everyone, on both sides I'll add, were just happy with their consoles and left it at that, the forum would be a much happier place. That'll never happen though.

Oh come on, I own both, but buy games for the PS4 at the moment. Microsoft is the main competitor, they aren't Nintendo and they have seriously dropped the ball on this one. This generation will last 5 years minimum and to have such a difference in this market is incredible. It will be a factor in every game release, there will always be some noticeable difference, that's undeniable based on the facts.

Permabanned
If everyone, on both sides I'll add, were just happy with their consoles and left it at that, the forum would be a much happier place. That'll never happen though.

So you would like banter between two competing products banned so nobody gets emotionally hurt lol.

Forget about try to inform the public about what they are getting for their money and which product offers the best value.

Why can products of other areas be compared and ousted but not video game consoles. We can slate bad quality TV's, hoovers, speakers etc etc. But when it comes to consoles....oooh shameful.

Why is this?

Associate
Just popped in this thread to get some info about watch dogs.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of talk about watch dogs...

Associate

I know where you coming from however there are some members on this forum who think MS can't do any thing wrong and they are defending MS whether right or wrong.

Man of Honour
Oh come on, I own both, but buy games for the PS4 at the moment. Microsoft is the main competitor, they aren't Nintendo and they have seriously dropped the ball on this one. This generation will last 5 years minimum and to have such a difference in this market is incredible. It will be a factor in every game release, there will always be some noticeable difference, that's undeniable based on the facts.

Do you have a point to this, as it doesn't seem to relate to a single thing I've said.

So you would like banter between two competing products banned so nobody gets emotionally hurt lol.

Forget about try to inform the public about what they are getting for their money and which product offers the best value.

Why can products of other areas be compared and ousted but not video game consoles. We can slate bad quality TV's, hoovers, speakers etc etc. But when it comes to consoles....oooh shameful.

Why is this?

Yet again, someone choosing to read what they want to read. I'm not trying to stop people discussing the consoles, nor am I wanting to stop people comparing the games. I've been very clear on that. What I do want to see stopped is the petty bickering and comments from people that go way above and beyond the discussion of the facts. I don't see why that is such a hard concept for people to grasp, though I have my theories on that.

Soldato
Just seen that ubisoft is trying to drop the name of this, either rebranding or cancelling it after trying to drop the trademark

Scource
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/watch-dogs-future-unclear-as-ubisoft-abandons-trademark/

Despite the fact that it's since emerged to be a fraudulent application, what a nonsense article to begin with. "This could mean one of two things" - sure, or it could mean one of a million other things. God knows why they jumped to the assumption that either they're rebranding (which makes no sense) or cancelling (which makes even less sense).

Well at least I know not to bother visiting "EGM Now" ever again.

Back
Top Bottom